Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, if you guys are locking its regen fully, why not lock Benediction too and then just necro it?

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Also VS you guys locked the 2hr's in conjuction with wynavs also? or just assumed locking wynavs also locks mijin/astral etc? cuz when we did it we specifically set out to lock each one individually. with call wyvern being the 15th we lock
    No we tried to lock every 2hr, we have had AV not able to 2hr many times now, that is not the answer. Need to look at the prospect of locking every single 2hr. Like I said you may think you locked the last 2hr, but you might not have because it will only be used once whether you locked it or not...

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    OP states it's about 3 seconds.
    we have had 4-5 seconds work as well going off timestamp but it really is a small window of opportunity to lock it

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    No we tried to lock every 2hr, we have had AV not able to 2hr many times now, that is not the answer. Need to look at the prospect of locking every single 2hr. Like I said you may think you locked the last 2hr, but you might not have because it will only be used once whether you locked it or not...
    Yea already fully aware you only get one chance to lock the 15th 2hr.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

It was probably our fault if VS is saying otherwise then people were probably too far since outside of ally.

VS did you lock astral flow/mijin gakure/familiar by matching the 2hr or just by locking wyanvs?

Also how long did it take you to lock regen? took us normally about 12 min on non dark/light day fights. Never could figure out if its a fixed amount of damage that needed to be done or if you just need to be nuking same element for x amount of time. Want to say the first since lightsday was always bad for us.
    It is 100% not damage because we have locked it on lightsday, and in fact lightsday/darksday obviously makes it easiest to lock because you can spam dia/bio and not even feed it TP sometimes. Other question I answered in another post.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On Event doesn't fail if you filter properly.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

kk thx sry im not reading all replies in middle of salvage, just excited to see someone make what a few of us have known public already.

Edit: also hoping that since its so public that people are relying on on event for this, even tho it is doable without that they might look at AV again and change something again.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

2 JP ls on Midgard have been teaming up on this. They have been seen w/ the title in the past month or 2. Fresh titles on people who weren't shifters and nobody on Mid ever zerg'd it. The one kill was by NA groups when the killing wynavs glitch was still around.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Also, if you guys are locking its regen fully, why not lock Benediction too and then just necro it?
    Time is a huge factor honestly, you have to spend a decent amount of time fully locking regen, and it could take a while before you see benediction.. you would have to lock 2hrs to ensure you see it at least relatively quickly. Even if you did this flawlessly, then got it to 60% (easy to do once you lock manafont), and died then zombied it, you likely just would not have time, especially considering the fact that like I said, it takes less damage the lower it gets, based on nuke (not so reliable) and Shield Bash damage (highly reliable due to no variation unless less physical or blunt damage is introduced).

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nsx View Post
    2 JP ls on Midgard have been teaming up on this. They have been seen w/ the title in the past month or 2. Fresh titles on people who weren't shifters and nobody on Mid ever zerg'd it. The one kill was by NA groups when the killing wynavs glitch was still around.
    How about, you post again when you know something that they may be doing unless you expect us to make midgard mule and stalk them.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    On Event doesn't fail if you filter properly.
    Idk about that, pretty sure it can just fail to see the desired event sometimes.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, you don't need to use BLM to do necro. SAM/THF seems like the ideal candidate to me. 1 PLD/DRK, 3 BRD, and 14 SAM/THF. I'm sure with double minuet, attack food, and Dia II that SA Gekko could do around 1K (+ whatever the damage they can do from firing off whatever other weaponskills they can before wiping.) Realistically, between the times it takes to wipe, recover, and do it again, I think you could probably get one of those off every 10 minutes. If you could breach 20k/round (possibly), it would only take 4 of them to do the trick, so you'd have 80 minutes to lock Regen and Benediction. Seems like it could be possible.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

kind of wanted to try locking 2hr's taking it to 70% then trying a war zerg since war zerg took it pretty low when we tried. But a necro type zerg your thinking of would prolly be best with ls's teaming up.

BG Level

Ya actually before we learned how to lock 2hrs we attempted a WAR zerg and got it to ~57% from 100% without locking regen in about 30-40sec. The highest steel cyclone we saw was like 2k I think, but like I said it isn't just taking less from magical, based on Shield Bash damage it takes less from both.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

wow, great info. like others i was expecting an lolthread. seems like right b4 you kill JoL, you gotta remake the entire ally, with one of each of the pre-toau jobs, just fr the 2hr lock, and hope someone doesnt pop theirs early.

thank you to all out there for their continued xp loss to unlock this enigma.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Assuming that it has 70,000 HP, if your SAMs (or whatever other melee you had) were able to average 1700 per round, it would be possible to do in 3 rounds. 300% TP SA Tekko > 200% TP some other weaponskill > meditate > another weaponskill. Maybe.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

How about, you post again when you know something that they may be doing unless you expect us to make midgard mule and stalk them.
    A few of them have said they locked 2hrs the same way as VS described in the orig post.

1 of them said they mostly used blms as dmg.

edit2: they said they've killed it 3 times, lost a few more than that I guess.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    wow, great info. like others i was expecting an lolthread. seems like right b4 you kill JoL, you gotta remake the entire ally, with one of each of the pre-toau jobs, just fr the 2hr lock, and hope someone doesnt pop theirs early.

thank you to all out there for their continued xp loss to unlock this enigma.
    You have to lock 1 by 1 unfortunately, countering based off of what it used (Manafont>Manafont ect.).

edit: sorry guess that is what you meant.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Do you basically have to keep wynavs out to force astral flow, familiar and mijin lock?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    Do you basically have to keep wynavs out to force astral flow, familiar and mijin lock?
    Yup at least one

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast