Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    Do you basically have to keep wynavs out to force astral flow, familiar and mijin lock?
    Yes, the best thing to do is actually to immediately lock the first Call Wyvern because it is seemingly the most used 2hr. You immediately lock it, and 1 person kites 1 wynav off and holds it solo the duration of the fight, the other wynavs can be killed immediately. Now you have 1 wynav up so AV has access to every 2hr (minus Call Wyvern now hopefully, unless you did not lock it somehow).

AV now cannot use the most frequently used 2hr, but now has access to every other 2hr for you to begin locking. The person who holds the wynav should try to take it to a low %, but if you are going for a 15/15 lock ensure that person doesn't kill the wynav before you lock Astral Flow, Familiar, and Mijin. The reason for taking it to a low % is so when AV uses Mijin it will do very minimal damage to the kiter, posing no risk of death.

If you are not going for 15/15 lock you might as well not have someone holding a wynav, and just kill them all until you lock it.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It shouldn't be too complex, just make sure to kill two and weaken one when it does Call Wynav. Can lock Call Wyvern and then just hold the last one until you can lock the other two hours.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

To actually lock Call Wyvern simply requires the drg JA, not their 'new' two hour?

What if your goal was not to lock all 15 and lock meteors, but make meteors only occur in predictable windows with some recovery time between em? If you're able to survive the Manafont meteors initially, would you be able to do survive them in that situation? Specifically, what if your goal was to lock 13/15 2hrs, leaving 2 with a semi-long duration that you deem to be the least deadly. Perhaps Chainspell and Mighty Strikes? While those are up, you note he can't cast Meteor at all. So they give you 60sec/45sec respectively of immunity, then the window opens for 30-60 seconds where you need to be ready to take hit (though won't necessarily always take 1?)

There'd still be issues with a timer perhaps, and need an early lucky lock on benediction like you mentioned, but it would at least make things more predictable for you.

I find this pretty funny though, how much hate SE got for their video that "showed nothing", when in reality the only thing that apparently showed nothing was people's ability to properly test something that was put directly in front of them. I remember a while back people flamed Apathy for not wanting to release information, and they replied with the community was part of the reason no progress had been made on AV thus far. Looks like they were right.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Very interessting read after all the shitstorm random AV theory threads.
    Hope this turns out better. Being in KoN we have a high interesst in taking AV down again,
    so we might actually test a few things for ourselves. Can´t really say yet, will talk to sacks about it though and if they decide to try and we find something interesting will definately post.
    GL to everyone trying. Take this motherfucker down.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    To actually lock Call Wyvern simply requires the drg JA, not their 'new' two hour?
    Yup call wyvern

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    What if your goal was not to lock all 15 and lock meteors, but make meteors only occur in predictable windows with some recovery time between em? If you're able to survive the Manafont meteors initially, would you be able to do survive them in that situation? Specifically, what if your goal was to lock 13/15 2hrs, leaving 2 with a semi-long duration that you deem to be the least deadly. Perhaps Chainspell and Mighty Strikes? While those are up, you note he can't cast Meteor at all. So they give you 60sec/45sec respectively of immunity, then the window opens for 30-60 seconds where you need to be ready to take hit (though won't necessarily always take 1?)

There'd still be issues with a timer perhaps, and need an early lucky lock on benediction like you mentioned, but it would at least make things more predictable for you.

I find this pretty funny though, how much hate SE got for their video that "showed nothing", when in reality the only thing that apparently showed nothing was people's ability to properly test something that was put directly in front of them. I remember a while back people flamed Apathy for not wanting to release information, and they replied with the community was part of the reason no progress had been made on AV thus far. Looks like they were right.
    This is exactly how we were first fighting it once we learned of lock, we locked everything but Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes because AV cannot cast during these like you said, and thus you have 45sec of down time. However, when you get to bracelets mode it will stop using these, and bracelets mode is the only real threat.

Actually if it has access to these 2hrs when it goes to bracelets mode it will do Mighty Strikes>Hundred Fists (dual combo, other 2hr in set is locked), but after that it doesn't repeat it again. Think of this as if you locked 14/15 2hrs and it has access to 1 2hr, after it uses that last 2hr, it cannot 2hr after, so once it uses the last possible combo it can, it cannot use that combo again thereafter. At least, this is what makes sense to me in how this works, but obviously I am not 100% sure that is exactly how it works. I do know that if it has access to 2 2hrs once it reaches bracelets mode that are not in a combo together it will not 2hr again thereafter even tho it still had 2 2hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    This is exactly how we were first fighting it once we learned of lock, we locked everything but Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes because AV cannot cast during these like you said, and thus you have 45sec of down time. However, when you get to bracelets mode it will stop using these, and bracelets mode is the only real threat.

Actually if it has access to these 2hrs when it goes to bracelets mode it will do Mighty Strikes>Hundred Fists (dual combo, other 2hr in set is locked), but after that it doesn't repeat it again. Think of this as if you locked 14/15 2hrs and it has access to 1 2hr, after it uses that last 2hr, it cannot 2hr after, so once it uses the last possible combo it can, it cannot use that combo again thereafter. At least, this is what makes sense to me in how this works, but obviously I am not 100% sure that is exactly how it works. I do know that if it has access to 2 2hrs once it reaches bracelets mode that are not in a combo together it will not 2hr again thereafter even tho it still had 2 2hrs.
    Are you certain the right course of action is to just deal with meteor as you are trying, and not try a few attempts to mess with 2 specific possibilities along this line of thinking?

Quick questions, if you know the answer:
    1. If it has access to 2 2hrs from different groups as you said (say CS + Mighty Strikes) will it use neither? Will it use both, then not repeat? Will it just use 1, then never use the 2nd?
    2. Following that, if it uses just 1, and not the other, then perhaps it has to complete a full sequence in order to repeat, so you'd need to pick a full group to leave unlocked, rather than 2/3.
    3. If it uses both, maybe its 2hr use is no longer random at all, but does each group in a sequence, and if it fails to access 1 group at all, it stops, so leaving 1 up from each group could still buy this leniency time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    How about, you post again when you know something that they may be doing unless you expect us to make midgard mule and stalk them.
    I actually was contacted with this information some time ago. I'm thinking of making a mule there or attempting to get in contact with the two linkshells. If anyone is on Midgardsormr and can stalk the JP Linkshells "PhantomBrigade" and "Nirvana", you should definately do so. They may be the first legitimate mass-AV killers. They're doing something during bracelet mode that is yielding a high rate of success.

tl;dr disregard this until we can get some answers from them.

I might've missed something, but if you lock Call Wyvern, and kill all the wyverns, wouldn't that in turn lock Familiar, Mijin Gakure, and Astral Flow, not formally but indirectly? Maybe wait to lock Mijin so if you don't lock Benediction and Invincible he can't use that 2hr set, but are the others parts of a dangerous 2hr trio?

Alternatively, assuming SE's video is a load of crap in terms of continuity, could locking all 15 2hrs weaken him enough that armband Meteors don't rape you?

Edit: Nevermind, (Call Wyvern>Familiar>Astral Flow), so easiest to likely lock Mijin, and either Familiar and Call Wyvern or Astral Flow and Call Wyvern, and they're all effectively locked

Mijin helps block Invincible >> Benediction >> Mijin Gakure Trio

Call Wyvern and either Familiar or Astral Flow blocks Call Wyvern >> Familiar >> Astral Flow trio

Call Wyvern being blocked essentially locks out the odd one out

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

We locked all 15 individually to test the rumor that locking all 15 either stops the casting of meteor or greatly weakens it. If you are just fighting him and not attempting to lock all 15 then if you lock wynavs he wont use those other 3.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack View Post
    I actually was contacted with this information some time ago. I'm thinking of making a mule there or attempting to get in contact with the two linkshells. If anyone is on Midgardsormr and can stalk the JP Linkshells "PhantomBrigade" and "Nirvana", you should definately do so. They may be the first legitimate mass-AV killers. They're doing something during bracelet mode that is yielding a high rate of success.

tl;dr disregard this until we can get some answers from them.
    We got some info out of them, 1 of their members is quite friendly w/ NAs. The majority are of the JP onry mindset. The guy who told us what they did apparently got in hot water w/ their leader about it. They've def been trying to keep it secret.

I posted page 2 what the guy told us though. Locked via way VS said, then use blms primarily as dmg. Not sure if anyone has actually seen them fight it however.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    We locked all 15 individually to test the rumor that locking all 15 either stops the casting of meteor or greatly weakens it. If you are just fighting him and not attempting to lock all 15 then if you lock wynavs he wont use those other 3.
    I figured that much, I was wondering it it was effective to just do that or not

(see edit in post above actually now)

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

so whos got a mule with sea access they dont mind moving

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Very interessting read after all the shitstorm random AV theory threads.
    Hope this turns out better. Being in KoN we have a high interesst in taking AV down again,
    so we might actually test a few things for ourselves. Can´t really say yet, will talk to sacks about it though and if they decide to try and we find something interesting will definately post.
    GL to everyone trying. Take this motherfucker down.
    Let me know if this happens. Watching the hilarity that would follow should be a lot of fun.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What say we not shit up this thread w/ lame Armada/KoN BS and keep a nice dialog of useful information going, hmmm?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Let me know if this happens. Watching the hilarity that would follow should be a lot of fun.
    Sorry Ea I won't reply to that like you probably expect me to because this thread has potential and I won't turn it into a shitstorm between our rivaling HNMls´s on Cerb. Nice try though. KoN has enough potential to kill it. You know it, I know it. Armada might have the potential to kill it aswell I won't deny that. Let´s leave it at that.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I hate to burst your bubble, but no one on Cerberus has the potential to kill it alone. Not KoN, not WW, not Armada, not TT. A team up effort might have a chance at getting somewhere, but no one alone is good enough on this server to do it.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

You talking about your server depresses me, stop it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but no one on Cerberus has the potential to kill it alone. Not KoN, not WW, not Armada, not TT. A team up effort might have a chance at getting somewhere, but no one alone is good enough on this server to do it.
    Time will show I guess. Too bad a team up between any of us will never ever happen seeing the grudge between us all is....huge to put it friendly. Anyway more AV testing/theorys go!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast