Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gtype954 View Post
    You are quoting something I never said... and you can't make FF11 names with numbers after them... I seen you eat meteor in the AV video, I seen like 6 ppl get hit only and I seen sinus survive. I am talking about the bracelets mode. I know how strong AVs meteor is, I have seen over 13 videos during bracelets mode. I have been hit by meteor solo before and It did 3k damage not 5800... he must of had snipers rings, PCC, jelly ring, something that lowered dark resist to take 5800 dmg with no shell. I have been the only one alive many times when he used meteor and have gotten hit by the last meteors he threw and never took 5800 as a mage even. I never seen meteor get higher then 3900 at anytime.
    It is more likely that you simply got a lucky resist. I'm pretty confident in saying that no matter how much -dark resist you stack on, you can't negative resist meteor.

That being said, in our last fight against AV, Ellatrix (rdm) survived manafont meteor with 106/1078 HP, and I believe he has since then gotten the stoneskin enhancing items which would make that even easier. On his second manafont (we failed to lock it the first time due to communication problems), Ellatrix survived meteor with 103 HP remaining. I don't believe he was intentionally wearing any MDT or MDB items, but he did have shell V, BLU roll, stoneskin, and at least 10 bodies soaking up the damage.

I'm not suggesting this is a good way to survive manafont of course, his recast time is simply too short (he only takes 3 melee swings between each spell during manafont). However, with a whm and cor and maybe a sch in every party, I think it is possible to avoid being devastated by bracelets meteor with very few pieces of equipment sacrificed for mdt. The big problem then becomes keeping buffs/MP up and hate on the tanks when he decides to spam the stupid spell 3+ times in a row.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    It is more likely that you simply got a lucky resist. I'm pretty confident in saying that no matter how much -dark resist you stack on, you can't negative resist meteor.

That being said, in our last fight against AV, Ellatrix (rdm) survived manafont meteor with 106/1078 HP, and I believe he has since then gotten the stoneskin enhancing items which would make that even easier. On his second manafont (we failed to lock it the first time due to communication problems), Ellatrix survived meteor with 103 HP remaining. I don't believe he was intentionally wearing any MDT or MDB items, but he did have shell V, BLU roll, stoneskin, and at least 10 bodies soaking up the damage.

I'm not suggesting this is a good way to survive manafont of course, his recast time is simply too short (he only takes 3 melee swings between each spell during manafont). However, with a whm and cor and maybe a sch in every party, I think it is possible to avoid being devastated by bracelets meteor with very few pieces of equipment sacrificed for mdt. The big problem then becomes keeping buffs/MP up and hate on the tanks when he decides to spam the stupid spell 3+ times in a row.
    Except Manafont Meteor isn't the problem at all, you simply Fealty and everyone moves away. Also there is no such thing as 'negative resist' a spell can't do 1.5x damage because you had so little resistance lol..

I personnally have a screenshot of me taking ~ 900 damage to manafont meteor last year when watching the best LS of the server getting insta killed, this was done with stoneskin and shell 4 only no magic taken gear of any kind, and yes it was a 1/2 resist. It corresponds to the base damage posted in the OP perfectly, you are looking at a base 5,500 damage.

edit : actually I'm not sure if it was resist now.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That doesn't sound like a resist. With capped MDT via Shell V and Magus Roll I would expect damage to be somewhere around 1200-1400 with 10+ people hit. From there, Stoneskin absorbed the rest. Resists are in the form of 1/2, 1/4th, etc. If you watch the video on the OP you can see that someone actually did resist Meteor for 1/2 taking 1100 ish damage while everyone else (Non Fealty PLD's) were taking 2200.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You are quoting something I never said...
    No, what I was doing was saying that what you had said (along the lines of "use 4 tanks so you can idle in dark resist gear") was the dumbest shit that I had ever heard.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

thats all you have to post?
    -Dark resist gear doesn't incrase the damage of the spell but it increases the chance that none of the spell will resist at all, therefore making it do more damage. I wasn't wrong at all. When i took 3k damage its possible either someone else was alive and got hit with me or I resisted the spell to some degree. Being that I was on BLM and had my INT stuff equipped by default, it doesn't sound too farfetched.
    Um no, you thought -Dark Resist must have been a direct factor in him taking 5900 damage from a Meteor, and it obviously isn't. You can resist Meteor, but incredibly infrequently unless you have substantial Dark Resistance. For you to think this player must have had PCC or other -Dark gear you are saying that you can resist Meteor relatively frequently with no Dark Resist, or that you believe Dark Resistance accounts for -DT other than just resisting.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    Except Manafont Meteor isn't the problem at all, you simply Fealty and everyone moves away. Also there is no such thing as 'negative resist' a spell can't do 1.5x damage because you had so little resistance lol..
    I apologize for not making it clear, but my first paragraph was done in sarcasm, and my other two were illustrations of how it is not impossible for healers to survive bracelets meteor with minimal sacrifice to their equipment, and buffs which last at least 5 minutes each. Bracelets meteor seems slightly weaker than manafont meteor to me, would you not agree? If a RDM can survive manafont meteor it with stoneskin, shell V, and magus roll, it would stand to reason that they can survive bracelets meteor, and furthermore:

with a whm and cor and maybe a sch in every party, I think it is possible to avoid being devastated by bracelets meteor with very few pieces of equipment sacrificed for mdt. The big problem then becomes keeping buffs/MP up and hate on the tanks when he decides to spam the stupid spell 3+ times in a row.
    So yes, not useful for manafont because there's only one good way to deal with manafont: seal manafont(very important step, don't forget it like we did) and run while the plds pop fealty. However, bracelets meteor doesn't need to spell the end of the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    That doesn't sound like a resist. With capped MDT via Shell V and Magus Roll I would expect damage to be somewhere around 1200-1400 with 10+ people hit. From there, Stoneskin absorbed the rest. Resists are in the form of 1/2, 1/4th, etc. If you watch the video on the OP you can see that someone actually did resist Meteor for 1/2 taking 1100 ish damage while everyone else (Non Fealty PLD's) were taking 2200.
    My apologies, I didn't mean to make it sound like a resist, but with the previous paragraph I can see how that would be confusing. I meant to simply bring up the issue that it is not impossible for mages to survive a stray meteor. It happened twice in a single battle, so we would be in agreement that it had nothing to do with resist. However, I disagree in that magus roll is MDB, not MDT.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know how strong AVs meteor is, I have seen over 13 videos during bracelets mode. I have been hit by meteor solo before and It did 3k damage not 5800... he must of had snipers rings, PCC, jelly ring, something that lowered dark resist to take 5800 dmg with no shell. I have been the only one alive many times when he used meteor and have gotten hit by the last meteors he threw and never took 5800 as a mage even. I never seen meteor get higher then 3900 at anytime.
    http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...F/img_0243.png

You don't know shit, stop posting. And yes there is some terrible spelling in LS chat lol, this is from a long time ago.

BG Level

I apologize for not making it clear, but my first paragraph was done in sarcasm, and my other two were illustrations of how it is not impossible for healers to survive bracelets meteor with minimal sacrifice to their equipment, and buffs which last at least 5 minutes each. Bracelets meteor seems slightly weaker than manafont meteor to me, would you not agree? If a RDM can survive manafont meteor it with stoneskin, shell V, and magus roll, it would stand to reason that they can survive bracelets meteor, and furthermore:
    Yes, it is seemingly very slightly weaker than Manafonted Meteor, and yes mages could survive it if they had perfect gear and buffs on at all times. The fact is tho, it doesn't matter if everyone can survive 1 Meteor, it can cast Meteor twice in 22seconds (June30th video, 53:19 Meteor >>> 53:41 another Meteor), and no one will have buffs up or full HP for the second Meteor unless you have a ridiculous number of players. You have to remember the mages have to heal not only the tanks, but themselves and buff back up fully.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...F/img_0243.png

You don't know shit, stop posting. And yes there is some terrible spelling in LS chat lol, this is from a long time ago.
    Thank you, I was looking for that a little bit haha.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes, it is seemingly very slightly weaker than Manafonted Meteor, and yes mages could survive it if they had perfect gear and buffs on at all times. The fact is tho, it doesn't matter if everyone can survive 1 Meteor, it can cast Meteor twice in 22seconds (June30th video, 53:19 Meteor >>> 53:41 another Meteor), and no one will have buffs up or full HP for the second Meteor unless you have a ridiculous number of players. You have to remember the mages have to heal not only the tanks, but themselves and buff back up fully.
    just out of curiosity is it insta casted like tornado II, Aeroga etc etc.?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    just out of curiosity is it insta casted like tornado II, Aeroga etc etc.?
    Ya exactly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ya exactly.
    well yeah thats shitty then, no matter how much you prepare your mages with HP+ MDB+ magic dmg taken - gear, as soon as you hit 2 insta meteors in between a short amount of time without the ability to react on the second one, your sol basicly.

either there is a way to knock of meteor of its spelllist, or to put it out of his instacast mode, otherwise I dont see how SE really won the fight without cheating.

I remember SE saying in a interview, that our current fight speed against AV (back like 2 years?) was not good. I dont know if phyiscial or magical dmg taken by AV effect the amount of MAB or Attack+ it gets for the bracelet mode at 59%. Just imagine it being like the fight against the Bluemage at the Alexander fight, his defense reacts on which kind of dmg you deal to him. Maybe AV corresponds to this in way of increased attack, if you deal more magic dmg before 59% then he gets a very moderate boost in MAB, if its more melee dmg its Physical Attack is more boosted then its magical attack. However you state that Meteor had allways the same base-dmg after 59% on each attempt (correct me if I am wrong), so this theory just went out of the window.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yea thats pretty much why we are trying to figure out how to eliminate or reduce meteor Dmg.

Surviving 1 is no problem for the most part. Surviving a 2nd one cast 5 sec later is the hard part. If you happen to survive that, AV would like to introduce you to his good friend Aeroga 4 and his buddy Meteor #3.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I apologize in advance for not having watched the whole video in the OP. only managed to watch half of it. downloading it again.

I tried to make an armor set that allows whm to survive meteor w/o camping a single NM (so it can be built while preparing for the fight and not throughout your whole ffxi career) and I ended up with this: - FFXIAH.com

This should reduce a 6k spell to 1012 assuming capped shellra 5 merits and 10 people to soak the damage. 1012 is enough for a Hume WHM to survive without stoneskin assuming he has 5 HP merits (unlikely but I thought I would mention it anyway).

So basically, each individual can survive meteor, the question is wither the alliance can. If 1 person didnt have a magic defense gear he will die, leading to next meteor getting focused on less people, which leads to more people dying. So even if this became possible, 1 person being too lazy to get his own MDB set will trigger a chain reaction that will result in the whole LS wiping.

Most people seem to suggest that mages should avoid meteor but, what if the WHMs themselves were the people soaking up meteors? tank party is 6 people, with 4 outside healers, thats 10 people for meteor. plds, whms and rdms are able to survive meteor (brd will have to suck it up i guess) each whm should be assigned a tank to cure 5 after a meteor and then cure themselves after.

I do realize this is all easy to say, I'm just trying to convince myself this fight can be reduced to a MP issue rather than omgmeteordead

edit: beaten

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Havent read through everything so sorry if its been posted already, but wouldnt saline coat from BLU be of any use for when he like to cast meteor and maybe magus roll from COR? seems like saline coat with magus roll would be pretty nice and worth a shot.

Saline Coat - FFXIclopedia

Magus's Roll - FFXIclopedia

Saline Coat from BLU is nice...for the BLU. For anyone else they can get it at best every 10 minutes (this is assuming the BLU caps diffusion which few people do), making it useful only for Manafont, but even then PLD use Fealty anyway, so really it's a nice idea that doesn't work out that great in the end.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

this thread should have "saline coat doesnt work" in its title

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Let’s fighting Absol ute Virtue together in Van a’diel ヽ(`Д´)ノ

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephoroth View Post
    Havent read through everything so sorry if its been posted already, but wouldnt saline coat from BLU be of any use for when he like to cast meteor and maybe magus roll from COR? seems like saline coat with magus roll would be pretty nice and worth a shot.
    You don't have to read the thread to realize you can't use diffusion every minute, but AV *CAN* use Meteor every minute past 80%, technically.