Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just saying this is probably why the info wasn't released when it was first discovered because the people who found it wanted to be sure ( and I believe it is ) before they let loose another random theory.

Also to be sure "Call Wyvern" locks his wynav summoning right ? That one 2hr log showed multiple call wynavs. Being a good chance its first to be used should be easy to lock early.

There are two peculiar things about the 2H log on the last page. The one is that his 2H use pattern is clearly affected even without matching 2Hs, and the other is that Call Wyvern was used more than once when the DRGs were supposedly cycling through pairing it with all of them. Both (but particularly that 2nd one) indicates that there was possibly something being done other than what the poster believes.

Since nobody has brought it up yet in this thread (although it has been mentioned frequently in the past), I want to point something out. It has been my belief that figuring out what induces him to "ready" his 2hs is most likely some element of this whole process. Given the limited window of opportunity presented to match 2hs, having him "readying" all of them seems to be the only consistent way to match them all. It is also the only reasonable explanation for why he'd have that (readying) behavior for 2Hs, although I don't think anyone knows what exactly it is that triggers it.

Edit: Since someone mentioned it as I was typing this. It's not that some specific 2Hs are always readied, it's more like there's a chance (or trigger) to ready any of them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you have successfully locked a 2 hour and have a wipe, and av goes back to 100% does the 2 hour stay locked? From my experiance it does but I dont have alot of data and might have just been luck.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It stays locked, and no idea whatsoever on the readies still other then we have noticed he for some reason readies invincible for us...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What the hell?

I was illustrating to a friend how up until recently I thought that the BG favicon was a blue light-bulb, then decided it'd make a nice sig since I'd been using the 377 one for years. Not to derail this thread.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Just saying this is probably why the info wasn't released when it was first discovered because the people who found it wanted to be the first ones to kill AV but have been unsuccessful in finding the last piece themselves so now are looking for help.
    ftfy

Don't get me wrong though, I have nothing but respect for Apathy and all they've done for the community, especially with their work on PW and now AV.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mr Avee waren guy popping his head in with a little bit of speculation, and this time I'm not actually trolling you guys. :O

I recall sifting through and reading up on a few different BCs to find one that looked good, and was looking over copycat. I was surprised to find out that the mob will charm your members in order of invites to party.

This is interesting, because this means the game will copy and retain info on what order your party and maybe even alliance was formed, and what jobs everyone has been even after changing, this makes me wonder if AV does something similar.

So question to people who have been parsing chat logs and etc, does AV generally use similar sets of 2 hours as your group with the occasional off one that doesnt match, or is it 100% random?

Thinking his set, possibly ordere too, of 2 hours might be in relation to order of invites and job you were invited as. Thus if a group formed and went to pop AV without changing any jobs AV may only use those 2 hours, but if someoen changes jobs AV will still asume he is the job he was previously.

If anything, maybe next time you guys form up an alliance and are parsing chat log, have someoen write down order you were all invited in and compare it to chat log later. 90% chance its completely random but may as well rule this out.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Question: If you counter AV's 2hr with yours within 3 seconds it's 100% chance to lock it, or only a % chance?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    kind of wanted to try locking 2hr's taking it to 70% then trying a war zerg since war zerg took it pretty low when we tried.
    We actually tried this. Locked its 2hour and took it's HP down to 62% and zerged. Once it popped its bracelets, dmg got reduced by at least half. Even with two waves of zerg, we didn't manage to take it below 50. I have to add however, the transition btwn BLM and zerg ally wasn't as smooth as it should have been. But I doubt if it did go smoothly it wouldn't have dropped below 40%.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Question: If you counter AV's 2hr with yours within 3 seconds it's 100% chance to lock it, or only a % chance?
    100% chance if you actually did it fast enough.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I'm guessing the fast enough part has to factor in server lag and these kings of things? Is that why people are saying OnEvent is good for this?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

OnEvent is good because it does not miss at all if the chat filters are set properly, and having someone waste a 2hr being too slow pretty much wastes a shit ton of time. It's just being as efficient as possible since it is such a retardedly short amount of time you have to actually try stuff on it.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I'm guessing the fast enough part has to factor in server lag and these kings of things? Is that why people are saying OnEvent is good for this?
    The time between when he actually uses the 2 hour and when you see what it is leaves very minimal time for error when using your own 2hr ability, thus making OnEvent a safer bet to not lose a chance at locking one, yes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Mr Avee waren guy popping his head in with a little bit of speculation, and this time I'm not actually trolling you guys. :O

I recall sifting through and reading up on a few different BCs to find one that looked good, and was looking over copycat. I was surprised to find out that the mob will charm your members in order of invites to party.

This is interesting, because this means the game will copy and retain info on what order your party and maybe even alliance was formed, and what jobs everyone has been even after changing, this makes me wonder if AV does something similar.

So question to people who have been parsing chat logs and etc, does AV generally use similar sets of 2 hours as your group with the occasional off one that doesnt match, or is it 100% random?

Thinking his set, possibly ordere too, of 2 hours might be in relation to order of invites and job you were invited as. Thus if a group formed and went to pop AV without changing any jobs AV may only use those 2 hours, but if someoen changes jobs AV will still asume he is the job he was previously.

If anything, maybe next time you guys form up an alliance and are parsing chat log, have someoen write down order you were all invited in and compare it to chat log later. 90% chance its completely random but may as well rule this out.
    LEAVE THIS THREAD.

NOW.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gtype954 View Post
    I have fought him on Lightsday and spammed the holy hell out of dia/diaga.dia 2 since i wouldn't pull hate or lose much MP and I seemed to lock him hella fast on regen.

Also, Another tidbit in the SE video is shown at the end.
    He DOES have access to a 2 hr at the end. Which means he has access to 2 of the 2 hrs?

I would pick maybe blood weapon and invincible.
    I think SE purposely NOT locked 2 of the 2 hrs so that he would not use meteor.
    You said he cannot use Meteor during those two hours and they have a pretty long duration inbetween. So as long as u you get him spamming those 2 hours, you can still absorb them with shadows and attack him with magic duirng invincible.

I don't remember the ending to the AV video but I THINK he used a 2 hr THEN a TP move, then died by a hagun SAMs tachi gekko.
    So if he indeed used the impact stream TP move after the 2 hr (I forget), then it was one of the 2 hrs you mentioned such as perfect dodge, invincible, meiko, etc.
    Maybe you cannot lock the braclets meteor but instead, lower the chances he can use it by picking the correct 2 hrs to have him keep at the end.
    I was also thinking chainspell since I believe it was 1 min duration and can be highly resisted with wind resist gear and wind carol. Also prevents him from using meteors and Weaponskills. But, not sure if 350+ wind resist gear even stops a tornado 2, aeroga 4 and aero 5 from killing you still since I never tried wind resist on him before.
    (can be absorbed by shadows however, except ga 4.)
    You LOCK his 2 hrs, then keep some unlocked 2 hrs which in turn LOCK something else, (WS and Meteors).

Its a game of chess and its kind of gay because its hard to copy 2 hrs and think of a strat of 2 hr locking during all of this chaos especially when you have a 3 second window to do so.
    You just have to read everything I have posted. You can't allow only 2 2hrs to remain, it will not 2hr after it goes to bracelets more than once even if those were part of a combo as I already posted. We have left MS and HF before and once it was in bracelets it used MS>HF combo once and never 2hred again after.

The SE video was an AV pre patch ect., they could have changed something for all we know or .... idk but the simple fact is, it wouldn't have been just 1 2hr like that, that is impossible in bracelets mode from every single thing I have seen, however it did die quickly after it, it is possible another was used after or you only see the animation for 1 despite the fact that more than 1 go off, not sure about that.

If you read the OP you would see that it can still cast and WS during Invincible btw. As I already stated, even if you could get down time in bracelets mode 1 meteor getting off will almost definitely full wipe you. The answer is either a way of weakening, or locking bracelets meteor imo.

Edit: I know you do not know how ridiculously hard it is once it goes to bracelets mode, but leaving Chainspell unlocked would equal everyone dead most likely. It gets a massive MAB boost (or something having the same effect), and it will really dominate you at this point. A normal attack which hits a PLD of best gear possible is 500-600 damage unblocked in bracelets mode also.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

I don't think the SE video is more than 2-3hr, the camera people likely had specific filters which let them indicate the hints they were trying to convey. Clearly by the fact that they all just 2hred every single time it 2hred, they weren't looking at chat log. I am highly confident they cheated by way of no recast on 2hrs in order to more easily show their hints, and kill it quickly. They could have cheated in other ways we don't know but it doesn't really matter tbh.

I didn't find out how to lock the 2hrs, I'm just stating how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtype954 View Post
    You should be 2 hring as soon as you see the dust cloud animation....
    however.... if you do not have filters on, you have to wait like 5 seconds to see what he readied or used in the chat log. I would suggest setting up the filters except for the enemy specials so that the 2 hr can show up at the same time as the dust cloud animation.
    If you're going by the chat log, there's no way to advance the "uses" dialog message until after the termination of the dust cloud animation. Even filtering the effect of the dust cloud animation the delay is still present, and the mob has a small wave of color wash over it (think getting a ballad when you have party effects filtered), after which time the message will display. Also, if you don't have foes and NPCs both unfiltered you won't always see the name of the 2H (foes for red-named when used, NPCs for claimed by one of the other two parties--self/party/alliance if you want to see EES). This is why I emphasized the "readies" thing above. Because when he does ready a 2H, the chronology is readies message > dust cloud > uses message, giving you ample time to use the appropriate 2H, even without extra assistance.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    I am highly confident they cheated by way of no recast on 2hrs in order to more easily show their hints, and kill it quickly. They could have cheated in other ways we don't know but it doesn't really matter tbh.

I didn't find out how to lock the 2hrs, I'm just stating how you do it.

I was at the 2007 fanfest where they didn't show the AV video.
    SE's explanation was that it would taken them the entire eng/testing team of (about 20-30 ppl), 10+ hours to kill AV, and they needed the time to get WoG done.

I don't think they were lying as they had to scramble and hired some band to play a mini-concert for us (rather than scheduling the Star Onion). If the thought of cheating had occurred to them, I think they would have done it to make it happen for the fanfest.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    If you're going by the chat log, there's no way to advance the "uses" dialog message until after the termination of the dust cloud animation. Even filtering the effect of the dust cloud animation the delay is still present, and the mob has a small wave of color wash over it (think getting a ballad when you have party effects filtered), after which time the message will display. Also, if you don't have foes and NPCs both unfiltered you won't always see the name of the 2H (foes for red-named when used, NPCs for claimed by one of the other two parties--self/party/alliance if you want to see EES). This is why I emphasized the "readies" thing above. Because when he does ready a 2H, the chronology is readies message > dust cloud > uses message, giving you ample time to use the appropriate 2H, even without extra assistance.
    Ya about the readies thing, we have literally only seen maybe 3 readies out of countless hours post-patch fighting AV, and obviously have basically no idea how it did them. Pre-patch AV we fought did 10-15 2hrs all readies in a row, but I have never seen anything like that since then, and no clue how it occurred in the first place.

There are 2 exceptions to the delayed chat log from uses and those are HF and Mijin, both of these show up in chat log immediately upon use, and they will show up despite having your filters set so you can't see all the other 2hrs it uses somehow.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast