+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Red Faction: Guerrilla PC | Re-Mars-tered Edition (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW)

Red Faction Guerrilla - Age Verification

About the Game

Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.

* Open World Guerrilla Warfare — You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF's grip on Mars.
    * Strategic Destruction — Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
    * Evolving & Emergent Gameplay — Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
    * Epic Sci-Fi Setting — Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
    * Multiplayer Combat — There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
    Available the 15th and also includes DLC.

Anyone planning on buying it? I'm not too sure yet, depends how good the multiplayer is.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I pre-ordered it from steam got Red faction 1 and 2 for free. Kotaku did a review of the pc version and said it's the better version so I'm excited.

edit:
    Found it
    http://kotaku.com/5349813/red-factio...-can-handle-it

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Glad I have patience to wait on the pc port the game is fun.
    http://i35.tinypic.com/2s0oj94.jpg

Wish I took screenshots of some better explosions but they happen too quick for me to do it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It was fun, but not that fun. Blowing shit up is fun, but actually what you're supposed to be doing... not so much.

Chenzhen

I'm still only in the Parker area but it feels like this game might become boring fast. Maybe I need some new weapons to keep it interesting. The storyline isn't very catching either, hopefully it'll pick up the pace.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Chenzen, that sig is kinda odd xD

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced for PC/PS4/XB1, Coming in Q2 2018
    Spoiler: show

Red Faction Guerrilla will be fully re-Mars-tered (pun proudly intended) and released on PC, PlayStation 4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X in Q2 2018. The game will go by the name of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered and "destruction" will remain its middle name.

More information on the release date will be announced in due time.

One random yet fun fact about Mars (in real-life): At a height of 25km, Olympus Mons on Mars is the largest volcano in the Solar System and is nearly three times as tall as Mount Everest.

About Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered

Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.

Key Features

• Open World Guerrilla Warfare - You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF's grip on Mars.

• Strategic Destruction - Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.

• Evolving & Emergent Gameplay - Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.

• Epic Sci-Fi Setting - Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.

• Multiplayer Combat - There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.

Re-Mars-tered Features

• Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.

• Improved shadow rendering

• Improved Lighting

• Shader & Postprocessing rework

• Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
    https://www.thqnordic.com/article/re...c-and-consoles

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't decide whether this or Darksiders 2 "Deathinitive Edition" is the worse of the two names. Nordic wanting to bring in the groans I suppose.

That said, of all the remastering crap going about, I take no offense to Guerrilla getting a little more love, even though its shortcut to mass physics destruction (anything not a large chunk just phasing through the ground and disappearing while smoke clouds hide it) will be more apparent on modern machines. Probably should have thrown in Armageddon to sweeten the deal, since I can't remember the last time this generation has had a remaster that included more than one game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

July 3rd, Free to Steam users who Own the Original
    THQ Nordic is proud to align itself with the People Of Mars and confirm that Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered will launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X on July 3rd, 2018. If you own a powerful PC, a PlayStation 4 Pro or an Xbox One X, you can finally enjoy this classic game’s incredible destruction in glorious 4K resolution.

Furthermore, players who already own the 2009 version of Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam will automatically receive the Re-Mars-tered edition for free in their accounts. From July 3rd, these players can simply download Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered from their Steam library and start swinging their sledgehammers.

PC performance

• Native 4k support on PC

Xbox One Performance

• Xbox One: 900p @ 60 FPS

• Xbox One X: 1800p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS

PlayStation 4 Performance

• PlayStation 4: 1080p @ 60 FPS

• PlayStation 4 Pro: 1500p @60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Switch Version Announced - July 2, 2019
    Nintendo Switch Features:

- Choice between Performance and Quality Mode
    - Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
    - Improved shadow rendering
    - Improved lighting
    - Reworked shaders and postprocessing
    - Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode