+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hoarders     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hoarders

Anyone else watch this show? It's pretty ridiculous.

Full episodes and outtakes here:
    Hoarders - A&E TV

The episode last week had this kid and his father who just lived in this crazy shithole of a house. The father was a serious alcoholic and had probably over 1,000 wine bottles he never threw away. He also "slept" on the floor. The kid had some serious issues with anxiety and other mental disorders; he was convinced if he picked up the dog hair in his house it would make his dog die quicker.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Yeah, The lady with the cats was just awful.

this show is quite possibly the greatest show on A&E, and I used to be a HUGE fan of intervention. Something about watching these people's messes is strangely satisfying, although horrifying.

Last week's episode (with the cat lady/guy with alcoholic dad) was the best one yet, although the one with the old lady with a house full of rotting food was pretty good.

Sometimes I wish they'd just film the people for 2x as long and get the houses completely cleaned up, rather than show 2 people in 1 episode.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My favorite one was with the one woman that had a rotten pumpkin from Halloween. I mean stuff like that is out of control. When you have food spoiling on the floor or fridge that is too much.

yea lol, I like how she had this nasty-ass rotten head of cabbage and was like "oh it's still good to eat if you peel off the outside"

Her fridge was so nasty

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The pumpkin lady was nasty! I had to switch the channel after the first rotten pumpkin on the floor.

A&E's Obsessed and Intervention are pretty good too. I'm not even sure what time these shows are on. I just happen to see them when switching channels.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ya I like the show but they could definitely stand to spend more time with the people I think. Spending some time on what help they are getting would be interesting.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Holy shit I'm watching this obsessed show and this germaphobe cleans inside her ass and vag with a toothbrush after she uses the toilet. She also smokes which is strange for someone who doesn't want to be dirty.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My girlfriend's mom is a hoarder. They literally have a path through their livingroom between the piles of junk. They don't even let people in their house anymore. The mother won't let anything be taken out of the house either. She's emotionally attached to everything there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    cleans inside her ass and vag with a toothbrush after she uses the toilet.
    Sounds like a keeper.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh View Post
    Sounds like a keeper.
    Says she smokes, so...no.

Has anyone else been watching the new season? The episode with Sir Patrick was pretty good, watching the one with the hawaiian family now. Next week's episode looks really good, the house is basically covered in feces and rotting food lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol oddly enough I was gonna make a thread about hoarding like 3 months ago and forgot about it.

It's so funny, about two days before we moved into our new apartment they had an all-day marathon of Hoarders. And I hate changing channels so ended up watching it all day lol. So when we moved we had all these boxes of stuff we had been storing in the meantime, and I eneded up throwing a good portion of random crap 'cause I kept thinking "I don't want to be like that!"

It's easy to see how some can get pretty bad. Like I was by no means bad but I had tons of candles and body sprays I had gotten as christmas gifts from co-workers. I always kept them thinking "I might use them someday". Which I think a lot of people have that mentality to some degree. I just keep reminding myself of that show whenever I debate on throwing something away.

Just added the first season to Netflix Instant Watch queue... can't wait!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Has anyone else been watching the new season? The episode with Sir Patrick was pretty good, watching the one with the hawaiian family now. Next week's episode looks really good, the house is basically covered in feces and rotting food lol
    Just saw Sir Patrick the other day, lol. And yes, the preview for the next one looks fucking nuts. My GF and I decided that was easily the most disgusting house they've ever shown (in reference to next weeks). Can't wait, lol.

aduidarnenye

I felt bad for Sir Patrick. Poor guy. Total liar about everything though. The other family in that episode were insane.

I love this show in a rubbernecked sort of way. I always want to clean the bathroom immediately after though.

how do you have 2 grown kids age 35+ still living with you? I mean, really. And I don't think Sir Patrick is a liar so much as he was in denial. He had spent all this time and money crafting an elaborate fantasy world, wouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe his possessions were worth less than he thought they were.

Next week's house is definitely the worst I've seen on the show too. That one with the lady who had to tie herself into a toilet seat in her kitchen to sleep (her house was full of adult diapers) or the one with the old lady with back problems and the crew wouldn't clean her bathroom, both of those from the first season were pretty bad, but this one seems MUCH worse lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ugh, that one episode where that lady didn't have running water, so she wore adult diapers.. and left those around the house.. gross. She sprained her ankle by tripping on something, was on the floor, alone, in a pile of her own poop for three days or something.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

this show sounds magnificent

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I want to find these people and just torch their house. Problem solved!