Closed Thread
Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 90 130 138 139 140
    The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Correct. I like the idea of all humans having the chance to do something with their lives. But if the "founding fathers" intended the United States to ensure the rights of those it is not sworn to protect, it would have been written into the constitution.

Whoah there. Before we end up creating a whole new generation of entitlement seekers, let's actually look at that.

First, you have the opinion that everyone has the right to a fair trial, legal representation, and protection from "unreasonable" punishments. I don't know why you chose these over equally ridiculous "rights" such as health care or access to food and water. You conveniently skip the part where actual people have to provide these rights. Then you conveniently skip the part about where it says that the United States has the sacred duty of enforcing these arbitrary rights.

The "real" conservatives? Last time I checked, conservatives were not in the business of defining arbitrary entitlements and giving them to everyone. That's called welfare.

So in all, you think everyone in the world should have American rights because (according to you)...
    - The founding fathers wanted it, but they couldn't be bothered to write "worldwide welfare" into the constitution
    - "EVERYONE" has the right to a fair trial, free lawyers, and "unreasonable" punishment, but you don't explain why every individual must be provided these rights at the expense of everyone else. You also don't explain why those particular rights must be guaranteed.

Why is everyone posting such weak arguments?
    Oh my God... best troll ever.

No wait, I'm not going to give you that much credit. You're a bigot, plain and simple.

And an idiot. This part in particular:

Correct. I like the idea of all humans having the chance to do something with their lives. But if the "founding fathers" intended the United States to ensure the rights of those it is not sworn to protect, it would have been written into the constitution.
    I'll just leave this right here:

Quote Originally Posted by The Founding Fathers in The US Declaration of Independence
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    There are no national boundaries provided in this statement. It doesn't say Americans are created equal or Americans have certain unalienable rights. It says ALL MEN.

Don't be intentionally obtuse with this shit of "well they didn't expressly say it in the Constitution", it's perfectly evident to anyone with a modicum of sense what their intent was.

Basic Human Rights are different from the rights of citizenship, if you try to argue this point you're being intellectually dishonest.

Oh yeah, as for this little gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Lief
    But if the "founding fathers" intended the United States to ensure the rights of those it is not sworn to protect, it would have been written into the constitution.
    Why the fuck are we in Iraq then? I didn't think we were supposed to be protecting the basic human rights of non-Americans. And before you pull that WMD bullshit, there WERE NONE. Not then, not now, not ever. And don't forget the Republicans have pushed this war as spreading freedom to the unliberated. Thought we weren't supposed to bother ourselves with our fellow humans plight. Right?

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Muslim's were not created by God. The end.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Threads get locked at 100, but that means 3 more pages of leif being an idiot and for some god awful reason people responding to him like they may actually get through the thick brick wall that is his head. So might as well end it now!