Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

CoP Dynamis - Some Questions About Wins (all 3)

Wanted to ask some questions about all 3 strats for Qufim, Valkurm and Buburimu. I think we got Buburimu down to a T almost but the other 2 having problems. Here is what i have so far:

Dynamis-Buburimu

1. Alliance enters and camps at entrance point, Thf (me) goes scouting for ??? in all 4 spots using flee/trotter boots/spinter shoes/powder boots to unlock SJ.

2. 2nd thf (my friend) starts pulling Dragons in order - Aitvaras > Koschei > Stollenwurm > Tarasca > Barong (usualy ??? is found by the time they reach Koschei and no later than Stolenwurm)

3. Position alliance near beach when it is time to kill Stollenwurm (Mages on top of cliff, melee on bottom)

4. Stun lockdown both Barong and Tarasca and zerg down without 2 hrs/wing/etc (can pop CS Stun on each if needed since CS Stun doesn't work on Apoc Beast)

5. (optional) Pull Gi'Bhe Fleshfeaster to disable Benediction of Apoc Beast (we sometimes skip this and just wait for Apoc Beast to Benediction then zerg afterwards)

6. Pull Apoc Beast to alliance avoiding statues from linking. Zerg according at camp.

Fastest win : 30 min w/ 90 min to farm (done with a group of 18-20)

Dynamis-Valkurm

1. Send 2 thf pullers to scout for flies, alternating each pull (i.e. I pull one then friend pulls one then I pull one; done as fast as 10 min slowest at 15 min). Kill all 3 flies to unlock SJ.

2. (possible tactic?) Camp alliance at Hippo Beach near the shore. Skip both Fairy Ring and Nantina (seems to be worthless to kill either if you got 2 good CS Stunners). Thf flee pulls Cirrate Christelle past alliance where Paladin vokes CC off thf. Thf dies far to the West with pets. Kill accordingly with zerg/CS Stun tactic.

Dynamis-Qufim

1. Pull southern path bats and kill. 1 thf searches for ??? after bats are pulled.

2. Kill quadav statues near Scolopendra NM then build tp on Water Elemental.

3. Gravity Scolo NM from top and blm nuke from the top while kiting. Melees WS when NM passes through to get to blms.

4. Clear all 3 quadav statues heading north.

5. (sometimes occurs) Kill stray Snoll group that may aggro alliance when passing north into cave. Avoid Ice Elemental.

6. Clear Nightmare Rocs then clear Goblin statues inside.

7. Pull Suttung to where Goblin Statues were to semi-zerg Suttung. Thf puller dies away from alliance if snolls link.

8. Camp at Ice Elemental and kill it for TP for Antares.

9. Thf flee pulls Antares (aggroes by sight) and heads West towards goblin statues guarding walkway towards orc area. Rng shadowbinds Antares then runs past Alliance/camp. Pld flashes Antares when he's directly next to him. CS Stun Zerg accordingly.

Guessing that's the basic jist of it. But curious about a couple of the strats. Mainly the Valkurm one. Is it possible to skip both FR and Nantina and go straight for Mega Boss and still be at same odds of winning as if killing them? And is the flee pull strategy workable to despawn pets on thf or will pets still run back to alliance or would they go back to CC's original spawn point? Also any other tipes to making these runs faster to get better time? (i.e. avoiding certain things or any particular tricks to make the fights way smoother?)
    Would appreciate it. Keep in mind too this is for a group of 18/balanced setup.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/81593...questions.html

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/80998...dmg-dealt.html

Your strats look ok.

You can skip Fairy Ring, but I wouldn't skip Nant'ina

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

There's no need to pull CC anywhere. Clusterfuck it and kill it there (it doesn't aggro). Make sure your BRDs don't afk after song rotation, cause you'll want them to SV Lullaby the pets. Also I wouldn't skip Nan'tina either.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Seedz View Post
    There's no need to pull CC anywhere. Clusterfuck it and kill it there (it doesn't aggro). Make sure your BRDs don't afk after song rotation, cause you'll want them to SV Lullaby the pets. Also I wouldn't skip Nan'tina either.
    How did I miss that.

Yes don't pull CC at all! It won't aggro so you have ages to set up and get ready.

Mages in the SW corner, PLD and DD spread around (to minimize breath damage).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My ls only kill Aitvaras, Barong and Tarasca (and the WHM turtle) before pulling the Beast. We fight Aitvaras at Mhaura then move west to the cliff camp.

I haven't a huge amount of experience in valkurm but from reading a recent thread and my experiences, Fairy Ring doesn't seem worth the inevitable deaths that slow you down, Nant'ina does seem worth killing, he's not hard, weakens a game-over move for CC and you will get 3652858239 AF from the few quadavs you have to kill to reach him.

Christelle does not aggro. As long as no one hits her whilst you're preparing, you can position your alliance beforehand. We have DD spread themself in a circle so not everyone gets hit with each breath and the pld standing against the fence to selbina. If everyone is positioned correctly you can kill CC with no aggro (I think you need to pull a couple of sheep to be free to reach the rest of the zone). Your brd(s) need to be on the ball to lullaby the pet morbols.

Mages should stand to the West of Christelle at ~20.5 distance, against the wall, I've been in 2 failed runs where a mage decided to stand where they were told to not and then a manticore pops on their head.

Your Qufim strategy sounds ok to me but we just stick melee on the sea monk from the start, we usually have enough stun spells/JAs/gravity to handle hundred fists. We all run all the way to behemoth's dominion for Suttung and then half the ally are stuck there from crystal rain <.<, pulling him sounds much better lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

You can also sac Nan'Tina while others are pulling flies if you want to really max out farming time on -1/Accessory mobs. 1 THF with RR can do it, or you can take 2 pullers to make it a little easier.

If someone is solo pulling it, will take some practice to avoid Manticore links (just aggro pull it with movement speed and maneuver around both sets of Manticores on the Konshtat side and save Flee for the Quadav tunnel). If you get Manticore links, pull is pretty much borked, skip it and move on to CC.

We send out 3 thfs in valk for the flys. If the fastest your doing it is 10 mins your wasting time. 5 mins max and you should have subjobs back and already otw to Nantina. Skip FR yes, but you said above you have a problem in this zone, and not killing Nantina is the reason. And yea like above... don't pull CC.Besides that your valk should run fine.

As for qufim, Grav Scolopendra? and nuke from the top? Normally while they are dealing with the ele, i pull Scolopendra and bring him back to the ally. Just roll stuns on him and he is a joke (This sounds like another thing that is a time sink). Remember when doing this boss he has a huge aggro range. It doesn't happen often, but if you stand next to the tower hugging the wall, he will aggro you before you can see him. If you pull it right you can get him to run hugging the wall also (If you get too far too fast he will take a wide turn) and he won't even link the tower mobs.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Strats seem okay but you can probably skip stollenwurm. He roams far enough away from the cliff where you kill Apoc Beast that he won't aggro. Just don't go wondering off too far.

Bubu-
    This is what we do: Aitvaras (kill at mhuara while THFs are looking for ???) then sac pull the WHM Quad. Barong and Tarasca we kill at the Eft camp, then head back to where Stullenwurm is. Have the melee camp down there, with the mages up on the cliff side. Pull and kill Koschei. While we are killing Barong and Tarasca we send a THF out looking for Apoc Beast. Then blah blah blah blah blah zerg blah when we're all ready and stuff.

Valk-
    We've skipped them a few times; won some, lost some. We decided it was worthwhile to spend the time killing FR and the Gob just because when we didn't, we would sometimes (more often than not) wipe due to charm or a putrid breath that would near instantly wipe the alliance or something. We haven't seen it use Miasmic Breath yet, so I can't tell you how potent the poison is from it. We just kill FR anyway 'cause I don't think we want to find out. >_> and yeah, no need to pull CC.

Qufim-
    I would also agree with Yabby. Pull Scolopendra while killing the Water elemental.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Killing both Barong and Tarasca is a waste of time. ??? should be found before Ativaras is pulled by having the first 3 people in being the ones going to each direction. Then Sac pull the whm. As soon as the whm is tagged, raise up and head down the canyon for the one near the efts. By the time you get there and back to the beach with the dragon the alliance should be done with the whm and the spikes dragon. Having someone look for apoc beast during this time is also helpful. Total time should be 15-17 mins before boss is dead with 12-18 people. Anymore people you can reduce this time. 12 is rather hard to get in this timeframe unless you bring in mules for the ??? scouting in which case it should be easy.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Buburimu -

Just some time saving suggestions:
    Have the 3 ??? scouts enter first, normally they can find it before the entire alliance enters the zone. We do Aitvaras, Fleshfeaster, Tarasca so immediately after subjobs are returned 1 THF preps for Fleshfeaster sac and 1 goes on a Tarasca hunt while Aitvaras is being killed. If the Tarasca puller has movement+, they should pull it when it is in a link free area and just run it around north of the Stollenwurm beach until the rest of the alliance is ready. If AB is found, have someone trail it until you are ready to pull.

Valkurm -

As stated, kill CC in place and do kill Nantina.

Qufim -

Antaeus is 20' true sound aggro.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Buburimu - Use 3 scouts, 1 scout is a huge waste of time cause the ???s are so far apart. One can go to the Bibiki Beach, one goes SE to the tower-thing, one goes NE to the two spots up North of Onzozo

Qufim - Use 2 scouts, one goes west and one goes east. Just pull scolopendra normal and melee it down, it's not bad at all on the AoEs. The Rocs are way more dangerous imo

Valkurm - 3 scouts for the 3 flies, pull all 3 at once. They are sleepable so no reason to pull 1 by 1. Kill Nantina and the quadavs on the way there. When running from Nantina to boss, hug the waterline on the beach - there's no pops there until post-win. Have melee stand right on top of cirrate, mages on the opposite side of the repops. Have brds ready to sleep the adds, and whms to stack repose on. Kill the adds before having people hit the ??? so you dont have to deal with them later.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I know about positioning CC and zerging her at her spawn point but trying to avoid both the post-death CC pops (hear lots of stories of repops murdering alliance cause they can still aggro even if your positioned right) and the fact to avoid the Nightmare Morbols alltogether.
    And as far as Scolopendra, reason why I say gravity and nuke is cause his aoe is pretty deadly. 2 AOEs near wipes alliance. Figure be safer for blm to early nuke and gravity him so he's really badly damaged on the way up so melee would finish him off by the time he gets to the top.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Send a party of 6(NIN, DD(with nin sj)x2, WHM RDM BRD) to kill the 3 dragons while rest of alli enjoys free farming on WHM pull ~ (that ledge by efts is dragon party camp)

Also just like others have posted send out 3 scouts for the ??? first and 98% of the time SJs back before whole LS is zoned in.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyara View Post
    I know about positioning CC and zerging her at her spawn point but trying to avoid both the post-death CC pops (hear lots of stories of repops murdering alliance cause they can still aggro even if your positioned right) and the fact to avoid the Nightmare Morbols alltogether.
    If your positioning is correct (melee where the boss stands, mages to the west against the fence), you will not aggro any of the mobs that pop upon engaging the boss: these stories of being screwed even when 'positioned right' are from people who knowingly or not, had someone in the group that screwed up and stood near the trees where manticores etc pop.

You can't avoid the morbols, they pop next to christelle like a wyvern would after a vanguard drg uses it's 2 hour.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mirax
    Killing both Barong and Tarasca is a waste of time.
    I don't agree with this, particularly if you are bringing in a smaller group. It's actually very easy and not time consuming at all to take your alliances to Barong, pull Tarasca there while you clear it (as its roaming path goes right by the Eft area), and then pull Apocalyptic Beast to an area convenient to that. Any hill will do--not just the one by the beach--as long as you're not fighting in a spot where Nightmare stuff will spawn right on top of you after Apocalyptic Beast dies.

If you have one Chainspell Stun, burn it on Tarasca. If you have two, use another on Barong. Trying to Chainspell Stun Apocalyptic Beast is a waste because it will resist most of the Stuns.

- Send more than one person to find the subjob ???s.
    - Send two people out to grab the Quadav WHM immediately (if you clear it)
    - Send one person to scout and trail Apocalyptic Beast immediately so you don't waste time trying to find it after you're finished clearing the other dragons.

In Valkurm, we still clear Fairy Ring because I'm not interested in Miasmic Breath slipping through Stuns dealing its 400-600 damage AND 50HP/3s poison. Yes, you can stop it if you have a good person doing Chainspell, but it is a very fast-charging move and I prefer to spend the extra 5 minutes on the insurance.

In Qufim, pre-Antaeus is all about how early you can make the next pulls because of all of the ground you have to cover. Pull Rocs while you're running past Delkfutt's, pull Goblins as early as possible (but not too early because Stormwind can wreck your alliances), pull Suttung while your alliances are fighting Goblins. Always think ahead to the next pull and make your alliances focus on STUN.

In all zones, you'll waste a lot less time if you try to do as much multitasking as possible, if you can do so without stretching your alliance(s) too thin.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

- Send one person to scout and trail Apocalyptic Beast immediately so you don't waste time trying to find it after you're finished clearing the other dragons.
    This is the thing that saves most of the time. We allocate peeps to constantly be out there grabbing and pulling NMs and AB disappeared on us last time and took as a freaking age to find with 6 peeps scouring the zone cos we left it a bit too long.

So one THF goes up to LoO but also does the sac for the WHM NM once BLMs have nuked stat.

Main tank grabs Aitvaras as its close to Mhaura, then we bring in quad.

We move across to the ramp west of Mhaura but meanwhile the person who went west to Bibiki zone, grabs the dragon from the beach and the one who went to the other ??? brings the dragon from up top etc. Once pulls are made, they immediately go for their next target.

We skipped Fairy Ring this time to get the win and it helped a lot. However when more comfortable we may put it back into the runs.

In some ways Qufim is harder than Valk. Valk can go wrong more easily but, Qufim, you really need to be organised and push everyone hard to get through it in time. And I hate that bloody gigas.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As said, just lullaby CCs babies. My BRD is made of fail and I haven't been resisted once.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang
    As said, just lullaby CCs babies. My BRD is made of fail and I haven't been resisted once.
    On the Nightmare Morbols:

- Don't bother with Sleep/Sleep II
    - Lullaby can be resisted
    - SV Lullaby is rarely resisted (I've yet to see a resist)
    - Repose (without ES) is rarely resisted (I've yet to see a resist)

Assuming your BRDs still have Soul Voice active after buffing their parties, they should be the first ones to sleep the Nightmare Morbols after they spawn, but the WHMs should definitely follow up with Repose.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sorry to bump this but Valk is currently driving me nuts. We've beaten it before, but for some reason - we just can't right now. We arrive at the Boss with plenty of time, we had better luck just taking out Nan'tina and skipping Fairy Ring. I'm guessing we're just being shit with CS stun.

Do you guys take team for CS stun? Right now we have 2 CS stunners. I checked the log, the first cs stunner who has decent gear (not exceptional but capped skill and obvious pieces) stunned obviously got resisted cos then CC got off an EBB and the run was over. We reformed and tried again but ran out of time.

I'm wondering if it's overkill to go with 2 teams of 2...?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Sorry to bump this but Valk is currently driving me nuts. We've beaten it before, but for some reason - we just can't right now. We arrive at the Boss with plenty of time, we had better luck just taking out Nan'tina and skipping Fairy Ring. I'm guessing we're just being shit with CS stun.

Do you guys take team for CS stun? Right now we have 2 CS stunners. I checked the log, the first cs stunner who has decent gear (not exceptional but capped skill and obvious pieces) stunned obviously got resisted cos then CC got off an EBB and the run was over. We reformed and tried again but ran out of time.

I'm wondering if it's overkill to go with 2 teams of 2...?
    Funny thing is the last 2 times I brought 2 CS Stunners, Charm slipped through and ended things prematurely but when I brought only 1 CS Stunner, literally nothing went through. There's always a chance for one of the two to slip through; just take the good with the bad or kill FR for less of a chance of both happening. If you really want to avoid everything, bring like 3 or 4 CS Stuns if you have the numbers and I'm pretty sure absolutely nothing would go through - I almost did it this lol.