BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Patch notes on K-Aion test server Sept. 16

[Patch Notes] Test Server 16/09/09 - HellBound - Aion Gaming Guild and Community
    Only noteworthy changes listed. Translated by HellBound.

[Item]

1. During aether extraction there will be a low chance to be inflicted with 'Aether Venom'. Unless removed, this effect will not allow the character to extract any materials for a certain period of time.
    - Aether Venom can only be neutralized with the 'Word of Purification'
    - 'Word of Purication' can be received once completing a captcha phrase
    - You have up to 3 attempts to complete the captcha phrase. If the captcha is incorrect 3 times, then the character will not be able to extract Aether or regular materials for a certain period of time.
    - The '/ExtractStatus' command can be used to check whether your character is able or unable to extract materials.
    - Characters can still move or do other actions with the Aether Venom debuff. Players are advised to move to a safe location before completing the captcha.

[UI]

1. Instance zone information window added.
    - This window can be opened using the '/checkentry' command or by clicking the 'Instance zone information' option from the start menu.
    - You can check your own and your party/raid members' instance lockout timers from this window

2. Numbered buttons now appear on the side when using the Qina/item quantity window.
    - clickable buttons for those too lazy to type

- text color changes depending on the amount

3. Use of the auction window has been made more convenient
    - in the item list tab, 2 drop down options added. 'Include in search' and 'Exact match'.

- The 'Include in search' option will search for all items that include the text provided in the input box. The 'Exact match' option only looks for items with exactly the same name as the item being searched for.

- Right clicking or alt+left clicking an item in your bag while the auction window is open will automatically fill the search input box with the item's name.

- Right clicking an item(in your bag) in the registration tab will register it in the auction house.

4. Cubes can now be individually auto-arranged when you have multiple cubes.
    - right click the Cube name to use the 'change tab name' and 'cube auto arrange' options.

5. Items like the 'Color spray' and 'Hair dye' can now be previewed using the character wardrobe feature(Ctrl+left click).

[Skill]

1. In the case where a combo ability branches off into 2 possible skills, you can now choose which which skill/s you prefer to go into your skill chain.
    - Left click and drag the skill icon of the skill you want to use to the top.

2. During Pvp, when casting a skill on a player and they run out of range during the skill cast, the skill will still go off if the target is still within a certain distance from the caster.

[Character]

1. Elemental defenses slightly decreased.

2. Amount of stigma shards required for equipping stigmas reduced

Little Mother
    BG Level

Full Patch Notes.

Holy fucking Sorcerer and Spiritmaster buffs. SPIRITS CAN FLY.

9/16 KR Test Server Updates - Abyss Addicts

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Saw that addicts link further down, need to go read that. Seems like the devs are putting good changes in. Read on AS about that Dark Poeta change cuz it was something akin to a tp burn instance and they are making it more magey friendly. I like.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Full Patch Notes.

Holy fucking Sorcerer and Spiritmaster buffs. SPIRITS CAN FLY.

9/16 KR Test Server Updates - Abyss Addicts
    Beat you to it >.>

Btw, command disturbance is 100% going to be nerfed on the patch following this, because ignorant people are going to cry so hard that it's op.

Casting not interrupting from range is a good thing from a mages perspective, but a very bad thing in terms of escaping.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Beat you to it >.>

Btw, command disturbance is 100% going to be nerfed on the patch following this, because ignorant people are going to cry so hard that it's op.

Casting not interrupting from range is a good thing from a mages perspective, but a very bad thing in terms of escaping.
    It's always been dumb that you can't run from a melee ability with cast time but you can run from a spell =/

I can see Crash being nerfed, or having a restriction put on it in the air. Maybe have it reduce flight time or something in air, or give it a different effect in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    It's always been dumb that you can't run from a melee ability with cast time but you can run from a spell =/

I can see Crash being nerfed, or having a restriction put on it in the air. Maybe have it reduce flight time or something in air, or give it a different effect in the air.
    The thing is, crash is perfectly balanced as is. Crash's recast is 18s, while flight cd is 15s: meaning that unless you follow a sm into the sky, Crash *can't* kill you. If you did follow a sm that had a water pet out....well you deserve to die for not thinking.

Also a fun fact: crash kills don't give AP, while every other burst kill (sins rngs sorcs ect) do.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    The thing is, crash is perfectly balanced as is. Crash's recast is 18s, while flight cd is 15s: meaning that unless you follow a sm into the sky, Crash *can't* kill you. If you did follow a sm that had a water pet out....well you deserve to die for not thinking.

Also a fun fact: crash kills don't give AP, while every other burst kill (sins rngs sorcs ect) do.
    I'm not saying if it's fair or not to nerf it. I think it's fine as it is. I'm saying that once a couple people get raped in midair for not thinking (like people running after a Templar who's going for NPCs and bitching when they get dragged into the NPCs) I wouldn't be surprised if it got changed, whether it's balanced or not =/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

About time summons can fly, surprised it took them so long to implement it. Though I can see it kind of broken if they don't have a leash (max distance) while in flight

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well they still can't get too far from you without being desummoned so...

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well they still can't get too far from you without being desummoned so...
    it's like 65 yards, over double casting range, stop crying about not being able to send your spirit after a player endlessly while you don't give chase

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not crying. Just saying they do have a leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    it's like 65 yards, over double casting range, stop crying about not being able to send your spirit after a player endlessly while you don't give chase
    It's ~50 yards, and no one was crying.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

the aether thing sounds obnoxious, hope they don't add this patch too soon.

this:
    http://bbs.gamechosun.co.kr/wlwl_upl...1253063451.jpg
    is a nice addition. they had it in L2, was surprised it wasn't in Aion

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Think the Aether thing is to stop bot's? Aether is tedious enough to lv though, so this will just make it even more so. Can only hope the code input is close to each aether node hub so you arent spending an extra 10min+ when you can only gather about 3-7x (on normal wings) before you need to afk for flight time recharge

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm still hoping to have my pet not run so far that it desummons itself. I'd prefer to to lose agro and run home.

I think the aether thing is for both aether and physical.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The aether thing is definitely to stop bots. I leveled my aether to 3xx and in some spots in C-Aion, it was impossible to gather because of bots going Mach 5 and never landing that also collect faster than is possible when doing it by hand.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Think the Aether thing is to stop bot's? Aether is tedious enough to lv though, so this will just make it even more so. Can only hope the code input is close to each aether node hub so you arent spending an extra 10min+ when you can only gather about 3-7x (on normal wings) before you need to afk for flight time recharge
    The code input sounds to me like its maybe a skill or something you use to pop up the window to enter it, not somewhere you have to go to.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    The code input sounds to me like its maybe a skill or something you use to pop up the window to enter it, not somewhere you have to go to.
    Same.

Also I think this is mainly because all the Aether until 300+ is gatherable right above town hence no gear required and no danger of getting ganked by a PC or NPC where EV puts you out in the world and will cause you to run into troubles gathering it.

As long as it pops up and it takes like a second to input I don't see it being an issue really.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Yeah I read it wrong the first time... still gonna be annoying since you have to waste precious flight time... but I guess ppl bot nodes pretty extensively in CAion, so should slow some down if they are as prominent in US/EU. They have to create lame methods to counteract botters since the refuse to use live help over GG