+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes - Season 4     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ok Heroes is copying Naruto again, Tracy (Ali Larter) can not only manipulate Cyrokenisis, but she can use Hydrokenisis and liquidize her body when she wants...which means she's invulnerable to weapons and physical attacks OMG, you guys know Suigetsu from Naruto right...well he could do the same. So I'm thinking Tracy is invincible, unless someone can evaporate her with a lot of heat, OR, hit her with a bunch of electricity techniques to paralyze her (prevent her from being able to liquidize) and then kill her physically.

Btw from last season, reason why Sylar was turned into Nathan was so that it woudln't look like Nathan (a Senator) was murdered (US Government would launch a whole other investigation) and she didn't want Sylar to still be loose and continue his power tripping (mother Petrelli). So she made Matt Parkman use his ability to Persuade (remember he can use Mind Persuasion Manipulation, Mind Reading, and Genjutsu type Illusions on people), which forced Sylar into believe that he is Nathan, and forced Sylar to Transform into Nathan (Remember Sylar had the ability to Shape-Shift, so just a little Persuasion from Matt = bye Sylar hello Nathan).

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man I knew this was gonna happen at the end of the last episode last season.

Hey Heroes, Marvel called & they want their Onslaught storyline back kthnx.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Peter told Noah he got his old job back as a paramedic - Peter wasn't a paramedic, he was a hospice nurse.
    Peter was a paramedic at the beginning of Fugitives (Season 3.5)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vajra View Post
    Ok Heroes is copying Naruto again, Tracy (Ali Larter) can not only manipulate Cyrokenisis, but she can use Hydrokenisis and liquidize her body when she wants...which means she's invulnerable to weapons and physical attacks OMG, you guys know Suigetsu from Naruto right...well he could do the same. So I'm thinking Tracy is invincible, unless someone can evaporate her with a lot of heat, OR, hit her with a bunch of electricity techniques to paralyze her (prevent her from being able to liquidize) and then kill her physically.

Btw from last season, reason why Sylar was turned into Nathan was so that it woudln't look like Nathan (a Senator) was murdered (US Government would launch a whole other investigation) and she didn't want Sylar to still be loose and continue his power tripping (mother Petrelli). So she made Matt Parkman use his ability to Persuade (remember he can use Mind Persuasion Manipulation, Mind Reading, and Genjutsu type Illusions on people), which forced Sylar into believe that he is Nathan, and forced Sylar to Transform into Nathan (Remember Sylar had the ability to Shape-Shift, so just a little Persuasion from Matt = bye Sylar hello Nathan).
    To say it's copying Naruto is ridiculous when the ideas behind those powers / abilities weren't original in the first place.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow! Maybe after all this time everything is copying Naruto, and not just Heroes! Unless we are getting mega whooshed, I hope you are not serious.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

God damn it, we're not going to have a making-fun-of-Heroes thread with Vajra in it. Get the fuck out of here dude.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Goddamn, I missed the premiere? Shit, i was at work until 10, but i didnt even know it was coming on lol! Guess i better go find the ep so i'm no behind you guys in discusshen :D

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

From what I've read here, you've missed nothing and neither have I.

I'm glad I didn't take the time to watch a single minute of it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Idk they always plan it 12 episodes at a time, this just means you gaiz have 1 less week of bullshit to deal with this fall.

edit: also pretty sure chuck won't be on mondays anymore.

edit 2: so how badly is it sucking?
    yes it will be. its in the same time slot as heroes. thanks to leno fucking up primetime with his new show everything is crammed together. They said ehroes would be almost every week with limited reruns etc, then when its done Chuck would take its timeslot.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Naruto invented powers.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    From what I've read here, you've missed nothing and neither have I.

I'm glad I didn't take the time to watch a single minute of it.
    aw cmon kuro you gotta see it too. I'm about3/4's of the way through on megavideo. It's.....same season3 quality but I'm still watching it lol. (new characters are kinda interesting though)

Haha I think this thread will be trolled more than all the political and religious threads combined.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I thought it was good (loved the fight between peter and fast knife guy), and Robert Knepper was awesome in Prison Break so he should make a good villain in this too

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reapz View Post
    I enjoyed it, and Robert Knepper was awesome in Prison Break so he should make a good villain in this too
    i <3 T-bag

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

usually rush to watch the episode on Monday to keep up w/ the thread... Episode sounds decent/ok, will need to watch it tonight...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Naruto Bullshittery
    Are you for serious? Are you 13 years old?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pixie Hawk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New villain said he needed to gather the 3 people, Sylar, Peter, and I think Claire. What purpose could Claire possibly in the company of the first two who have or can have her power?
    They need not 1, not 2, but 3 people who can't be killed?

Don't know why, but I still want to watch the show.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

So does that make Sylar really Naruto since he has Nathan's chakra inside of him like Naruto does with the kyuubi?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, it wasn't very good. Let me rattle off a few things.

Peter told Noah he got his old job back as a paramedic - Peter wasn't a paramedic, he was a hospice nurse.
    He was a hospice nurse in Genesis. Iirc he quit to work for Nathan's campaign? Anyway, he was a paramedic at the beginning of Fugitives.

Noah enlists the Haitian to erase Denko's memory of Tracy (that's Ali Larter's name atm, right?) so the two of them will stop trying to kill each other for revenge, then later asks Peter to back him up, then tells Tracy that his new way of doing things(solo against supers) is too dangerous and he preferred the one-of-them-one-of-us strategy. - Why doesn't he just keep using the Hatian to back him up?
    The Hatian...wasn't in the episode...so I'm not sure what you're getting at here. He asks Peter to help him out because of the knife-guy who owned Danko, since a normal person clearly isn't going to be able to fight him (no matter how badass HRG may be). I'm not really sure what you're getting at with all of this. The Hatian hasn't been seen since Villains, when helped kill Arthur Petrelli. His picture was on the wall in Building 26 a few times in Fugitives, and he certainly hasn't been in the first two episodes of Redemption.

Still not really sure why the crap with Sylar/Nathan was necesarry last season, and no one seems to want to clear it up.
    I have no idea why they did it either, and I seriously doubt anyone will explain it, simply because there is no logical reason for it. It kinda looks like they attempted to chalk it up to a "spur of the moment" type of thing, but its still fucking stupid. I doubt its going to be explained, but criticizing the show repeatedly for the same mistake is kind of unfair.

A fore-mentioned Hiro reversal BS.
    This is a little shaky, but Hiro is (and always has been a very naive character. Its not THAT big of a leap to make.

Another worthless Claire storyline.
    I agree with this as well, Claire's plotline appears to be going nowhere fast. Having her sent off to college would have been a really easy way to write her out of the show for good, but I guess maybe they have contractual obligations? Either way, they might make something interesting out of it.

New villain said he needed to gather the 3 people, Sylar, Peter, and I think Claire. What purpose could Claire possibly in the company of the first two who have or can have her power?
    Something that requires 3 healers? Possibly something along the lines of what Magneto used Rogue for in the first X-Movie (drain their life force to do XYZ)? I'm not sure, but my interest has been piqued by the new Carnie characters enough for me to stick around and find out.

There's other crap, and I'm sure I missed some stuff while I was making food. It's really too bad because Ray Park being on network TV should be awesome, but Heroes won't be able to deliver.
    I quite enjoyed the premiere. It got everything rolling for all the new plotlines (which is all you can really expect out of a premiere for a show in its fourth season). It had several interesting scenes, it didn't completely defy the entire canon of the show so far (which I'm fairly sure Villains had done by this time..), and it had one of, if not the best action scene the shows had to date (with the one in Five Years Gone being the only one comparable).

tl;dr: Premiere was pretty good. Better then Season 3. Has a badass fight scene as well.

Spoiler: show

So I suppose Naruto also invented Gravity, The Wheel, and Democracy as well?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Watching it at the moment. One thing I don't get is, why Sylar's "Unconscious" powers don't seem to take effect. Such as, knowing when his mother was lying to him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast