+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ix'DRK glitch/exploit?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ix'DRK glitch/exploit?

I was just going to solo some NMs when I noticed that Ix'DRK and 2 QN aerns were standing near the zone line. I stopped to look who was killing it but no one was there so I waited for the NM to walk back to its pop spot, however, it didnt.

The IX aern and 2 helpers were just standing there, next thing I noticed both the ix aern and the 2 Qns had their weapons out (they were engaged). A Jp taru showed up so I targeted the aerns and used /assist to see if he had hate but he didnt. The QN aern actually had the other Qn Aern targeted. The jp RDM stood there for 2 min, idk if he was just hoping I would leave without noticing but after 2 min he did pullthe IX Aern and the 2 Qn aerns didnt link.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7...0921210139.png

I know that this exploit is insignificant because Ix DRK can be soloed regardless but, this could be a aern glitch or even worse, a glitch that can be used on any mob in the game.

Banned.

BG Level

fillmode\Wall of justice style?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm nt quite sure how he did it. Just that he had the Aerns Target each other (they couldnt attack each other tho).

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This sounds familiar...

Ah, found it. Similar to this?

ClassicRed posted that in the SS thread in media not too long ago. Without personally witnessing either occurrence I can't even begin to guess what happened either time, lol.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeah thats basically what was happening, except aerns dont get auto TP so they were just staring at each other.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I saw that happen to a Goblin and his pet leech in Gustav a long time ago...I think when I was there to fight Baronial Bat. I just stared at them for a while, did a quick video of it, and killed them. The circumstances there were, I believe, a BLM soloer had the gob link when he failed to oneshot the leech, and warped out...and the leech apparently was mad at the goblin for not defending it better or something. But I've never seen it happen again. Kind of a shame, its really funny to see.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I could see it being some kind of bastard generalization of the monster targeting pet glitch, but based on the JP RDM's behavior (and the fact that he wasn't on a pet job) I think we can assume it's triggerable somehow. Also, I could see this being some kind of weird target-shifting phenomenon if one of the Aerns was targeting another with a spell/TP move when the guy zoned, but Ix'Drk and his Rng Qns don't really have that option.

I'm just throwing this out there, but it looks like it might be a target-loss while ranged attacking glitch. In the video it looks like two Kindred Ninjas with one trying to TP the other and one trying to TP the Kindred Dragoon. Maybe someone died on pull just before they got a Ranged Attack off. The JP RDM could have caused the glitch just by zoning while they were in the middle of a ranged attack.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's possible we're completely missing the JP's response, which may have mirrored the OP's. He may have been wondering what happened and watching to see what the OP would do.

Then again he might have triggered it deliberately. I dunno.

what is lightning but accidental electricity? first identify the phenomenon, then research the conditions, and finally attempt to replicate the results. think if we could use this to somehow negate PW's ability to flow everyone or negate the need to kill the experimental lamia's adds or any other of a myriad interesting implications.

i'd never heard of this phenomenon before but it sounds like some people have experience with something similar. would anyone care to elaborate on the aforementioned "pet glitch"? is that to say that the player plays games with a pet of their own or this works with beastmaster mobs? i'm inclined to think the former since someone mentioned the rdm was not on a pet job, but someone else also commented on the beastmaster mob doing something strange w/ its leech pet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    what is lightning but accidental electricity? first identify the phenomenon, then research the conditions, and finally attempt to replicate the results. think if we could use this to somehow negate PW's ability to flow everyone or negate the need to kill the experimental lamia's adds or any other of a myriad interesting implications.
    You really think SE wouldn't pull down the servers within minutes for emergancy maintenance?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

i'd never heard of this phenomenon before but it sounds like some people have experience with something similar. would anyone care to elaborate on the aforementioned "pet glitch"? is that to say that the player plays games with a pet of their own or this works with beastmaster mobs? i'm inclined to think the former since someone mentioned the rdm was not on a pet job, but someone else also commented on the beastmaster mob doing something strange w/ its leech pet.
    The "pet glitch" I was talking about was when beastmen cast Cure on player characters. It's generally observed to only happen when pets are involved and (I think) either being summoned or unsummoned. It's also the only other case I can think of where enemy target is glitchily reassigned somewhat at random.

As an ideal and simple case without knowing anything of how the game works programming-wise I was thinking of this:
    Monster is mid-Ranged Attack and all of a sudden its target disappears. The target of the ranged attack is stored when the ranged attack is generated using the index value for the player on a list of the active characters/monsters in zone. That shifts up one when the player zones, because s/he is no longer active in zone. The index value doesn't change, and is assigned to whatever fills the player's spot (the other Qn'Aern). One Monster cannot attack another, but they officially have hate on each other now and just sit there. Maybe the Ix'Aern links to one of them and has the same issue.
    I think this is what people agreed happened with the Avatar issue. Because avatars are non-player characters, their deletion from "the list" can mess up the monster's Cure targetting system (because it's a valid spell to cast on foes and friends unlike attack magic) and the monster can end up accidentally casting on a foe (aka you) because you occupy his old place in the list.
    I played a lot with Aerns, beastmen, and just in general and never saw this glitch, so if it exists as I'm describing with ranged attacks I'd bet that it was a recent creation. Also, this isn't going to be an "Oh I zoned during a ranged attack so they're glitched" issue. The ranged attack would have to go off between when you leave zone and when the targeting updates. Very low probability, like the odds of being Cure IVed by an Aern or Kindred WHM. If this is what's happening then I doubt you could do it intentionally with enough regularity to make trying worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    You really think SE wouldn't pull down the servers within minutes for emergancy maintenance?
    2 words: salvage. dupes. no. they'd be 12 months late on it. 18 if they're distracted with rapture.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hide the glich till 14 comes out and you have it in the game forever!

If you are on diabolos its been having major server problems each day reported on pol. Not sure if its anything major but if you report it, you can at least let the GM's know you are not using it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Had a kind of bizarre thing similar to this happen to me and a friend duoing some xzomit organs in sea just a couple days ago. We were camped at the palace zone, and would sleepga a pack, kill the mother, lot/pass the organ, and zone into palace before the babies came. At one point both of us sleepga'd a pack each, so we killed the mother from his group and he zoned. I ran up the ramp to zone as well, but only the mother chased me. Since we were just killing the mothers anyway I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I went ahead and slept it. The babies never showed so we started nuking it down, and then suddenly the babies "walked" up the ramp (with no hate on anyone) and sat there staring at the mother, not helping at all. They watched us sleep nuke it down without doing anything, so I assisted one to see what was going on, and it was targetting the other baby. Wasn't really sure what to make of it so we sleepga'd them and zoned to be safe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

2 words: salvage. dupes. no. they'd be 12 months late on it. 18 if they're distracted with rapture.
    They didn't know about the salvage dupes until it had been going on a year after people had started using it deliberately.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

That's a little naive to think it took them a year to see dupe's out the wazoo.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh View Post
    That's a little naive to think it took them a year to see dupe's out the wazoo.
    Why?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This might be what happened in that MG duo thread a while back where the slave globes became passive, too.

Edit: here.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The "pet glitch" I was talking about was when beastmen cast Cure on player characters. It's generally observed to only happen when pets are involved and (I think) either being summoned or unsummoned. It's also the only other case I can think of where enemy target is glitchily reassigned somewhat at random.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full...Y523cFa6B8.png
    That was a PLD aern. No pet involved.