+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

I forgot to mention this, but at the gamestop I bought this at they mentioned that 5 preorders(out of 5, I think) were dropped. I wonder if Sega's little blunder will really cause a huge loss in sells. It is bullshit, but the reaction is also a little out of hand. Oh well.

I beat the game. The final boss is awesome. However the best fight was the one in the strip club. Goddamn, that was just pure awesome. Speaking of boss fights, on Hard mode they are endurance tests.

I liked the story. The plot twist in 2 was kind of dumb, so I don't mind the game lacking something like that. I really liked the cutscene after the final boss, with the cellphone. You have to be like... "damn..." And then that amazing save. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" My main complaint is: Not enough Majima.

EDIT: AND NOW I CAN WATCH THE RYU GA GOTOKU 4 TRAILER. Good thing I didn't, since it would have lighten the impact of the ending.

And I need a good pic of Majima

EDIT:
    And who the hell is the...
    Spoiler: show
    The Dragon King? Mine? He does have a dragon tat and the proper theme.

EDIT: The graphics in this game are weird. Mainly the textures. The game seems like it is 75% PS3, 25% PS2.

EDIT: Also some music in this ost I downloaded unaccounted for. Like "End Point" If that only shows up in a side quest, it is an odd name for a song.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

did you guys skip the side quests and just do the main storyline? I've been playing for about 5 days and I'm only 46% in. My only complaint so far is the reaction time between pressing a button and the game reading it. Makes many of the mini games really frustrating.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't go through all the side quests yet. I wanted to go and beat the game first just to experience the story. I'll be starting a new game+ today or tomorrow to go through everything else. I'll agree on the animation. It definitely doesn't seem like Sega used the PS3's full potential when it came down to it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

how good a pic of majima do you need?

Banned.

BG Level

That's pretty good quality. I want to avatar him. Would prefer when he is smiling, just looking all crazy like. Does he do his classic smile in a cutscene, can't recall. Also would love a screencap when he leans back and says "Idiots" for a sig. Might be too annoying to get, for now. So I am not worried about it.

I did a lot of side quests, but not all. I kind of want to do Extra Hard... I am sort of afraid how long the boss fights would last lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I simply googled 真島吾郎 for that pic, with more digging more will turn up, but I primarily found images of him from the 2nd game.

Banned.

BG Level

Was the cigarette thing for demo only?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You have to unlock the Cigarette move in the IF7 minigame after beating Majima in Chapter 9

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Was the cigarette thing for demo only?
    I am pretty sure it is in the full game. I was reading over on the Sega boards, and people were raging because they thought it was cut. Apparently someone found out it still is in the game. Their anger subsided shortly after. I think to get it, you have to beat Majima in the fighting sim game, wherever that is. I haven't reached that point yet. Hope this helps.

Side note BRP, where the hell is your sig from, that shit is just weird!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    you have to beat Majima in the fighting sim game, wherever that is.
    Champion District, in the little nook south of the bars/clubs.

Banned.

BG Level

vgchartz says Yakuza 3 sold 70,000~ in the west. That is about... 7 times more than I thought it would sell! Considering all the shortcuts they took in the localization, I imagine it was profitable. Hopefully enough to consider a Yakuza 4. Which I recently made a thread of, btw.

Banned.

BG Level

Starting to think Kazuma is the Dragon King referred to in the title...

EDIT: He learns a dragon king technique. In IF7(or 8? whatever) you fight a mirror of yourself, called Dragon King.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Didn't Yakuza 4 get released in Japan a few days ago? Hoping they decide to localize it. And if they do, hopefully not release it next to 2 huge titles.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    Didn't Yakuza 4 get released in Japan a few days ago? Hoping they decide to localize it. And if they do, hopefully not release it next to 2 huge titles.
    http://bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90560

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Good good. Did SEGA ever say roughly how many copies of Yakuza 3 had to sell for there to be a good chance at them bringing over 4?

Guess we'll have to wait until NPD's in a few weeks to see how well Yakuza 3 fared. Hoping for at least 100k.

Banned.

BG Level

I am really liking the amount of content you can do even after the game. Only thing that is a bit tiresome is the fact for the underground coliseum you need do tournaments 3 times in order to unlock the next tier. The Ultimate Skill challenges are really cool though, don't have to worry about levels and shit.

Banned.

BG Level

The NA/EU opening is better than the JP one imo. The video is the same, but audio matches much better. Also it becomes sort of a theme because of this, so when it plays later you get hyped. Nothing against the Loser song though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn "break ace", spent like 30min trying to get one.

edit:

fuck billiards CPU, they never miss a shot and they are able to do the impossible shots.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Damn "break ace", spent like 30min trying to get one.

edit:

fuck billiards CPU, they never miss a shot and they are able to do the impossible shots.
    I cheat at Billiards with my flat screen tv and a ruler. I got Break Ace purely by luck.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone able to do the challenge fight #7 (against 3 heavy enemies and you loose health by time). Holy crap at the last sub-story(101) it was hard as hell.