+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret World: Legends     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I am very interested in this, only thing I am not liking is the very clumsy animations.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Their website looks good. Some of the vids are rather interesting too. Seems to be a nice step to the left in the current mmo world. The beta sign ups were weird but forgivable.

I really wonder how well this will fare in the current environment. This and world of darkness mmo may bring something new to the table (no pun intended).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I know this is a bit of a necrobump, but this game will be releasing in about 4 months and looks pretty cool. Seriously looking to get something started for it (need a guild leader, officers, members, etc.) so if interested check this link on my site. Could be a good opportunity for someone who wants to lead

Figured this is OK since it doesn't seem like BG is starting its own thing for TSW. If inappropriate, just delete this post!

Lack of info hardly any gameplay footage and no beta as of yet, especially for something coming out in 4 months? I am still totally interested but the lack of anything makes it really hard to get behind.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Looks boring as hell. A modern day setting for an MMO is a real turn-off for me. Even if the game is great I don't think I could ever get into it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sounds really interesting but the overall interest seems pretty low. I blame funcom.

After age of conan they shoulda hired some animators. Stiff ass animations really makes things look boring as hell, this has the very same issue.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I like that they're going old school and not putting in levels or classes. I'd love to try it out but it's P2P and I'm more interested in another MMO atm. I just can't realistically play 2 MMOs at once nowadays, too much life.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

if you register at [[removed]] you can get a key for this weekends beta event.

[[removed]]

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Cool, thanks for the info.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

P2P AND with a cash shop ;<
    I'm gonna try the beta weekend though, just to see what they created.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Looks boring as fuck but I'd definitely be interested in it if GW2 wasn't coming out.

Mostly because it looks like Silent Hill and Hunter: The Reckoning had a baby together, and that is just cool.

Yeah, it's nowhere near as fun as GW2. The combat is pretty standard MMO fare. Some of the quests/missions are pretty fun though. You actually have to solve puzzles and do research to figure them out. Even the beginner ones are pretty tough. I guess it's worth checking out to play some of the missions if you can get into beta or whatever. But I wouldn't spend money on the game, let alone a sub fee.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    After age of conan they shoulda hired some animators. Stiff ass animations really makes things look boring as hell, this has the very same issue.
    this is why I never gave the game a 2nd thought. super stiff animations (they obviously didn't bother to hire anybody to do motion capture) and soooo many spell and melee animations are the same exact thing for everything. I remember basically watching a sorc, and no matter what spell they cast the animation was the same exact thing.

Lol, what's funny is one of they devs said that they think their animations are as good as GW2's.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Signed up for the BETA and going to try it out. I don't expect to be wowed by anything, but I've always enjoyed the horror genre so meh.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am going in very cautiously as well. I will try the beta this weekend and see what this game is all about. I know very little of it, so that is sort of good in a way. I have not researched enough to see the negatives and the positives, so I'll be going in as a blank slate (Almost).

Me: Only thing I do know is that this is FUNCOM we are talking about. They put the COM in FUN.

FUNCOM: Wait that didn't make any sense.

Me: Yeah well your past history in decision making over your products didn't make sense half the time, now did they?

FUNCOM: Ah... yeah good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Lol, what's funny is one of they devs said that they think their animations are as good as GW2's.
    Oh I neeeed that link where can I find that claim lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't give a shit at this point but I am in the closed beta and I can confirm that as of the latest build the combat and animations are still shit.