View Poll Results: Do you want to watch.

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 74.61%
  • No

23 11.92%
  • I want to Bitch

26 13.47%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yea I can see that but when was the last time they even did anything to the sg people?

just kinda seemed a weak enemy to thrown in there.
    I do like the charcters so far I have to day

Carter said that the primary target was the base itself, and they probably didn't have time to scramble F302s if they dropped out of hyperspace that close to the planet and launched deathgliders/troop transport. I doubt that the Earth ships even carry enough fighters to intercept 3 motherships worth of gliders.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lucian alliance attack on the base comes up later, as otherwise it becomes wayyyy too flimsy of a premise for the show. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a collaborator among the Destiny survivors. Something along the lines that someone on the base was feeding the Lucian alliance information on how they could get ancient tech or access to enough power to dial pegasus, etc., although that still doesn't explain why they'd be dumb enough to attack while there's a battleship in orbit but yea.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Lucian alliance attack on the base comes up later, as otherwise it becomes wayyyy too flimsy of a premise for the show. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a collaborator among the Destiny survivors. Something along the lines that someone on the base was feeding the Lucian alliance information on how they could get ancient tech or access to enough power to dial pegasus, etc., although that still doesn't explain why they'd be dumb enough to attack while there's a battleship in orbit but yea.
    When Carter calls O'Neill after the attack one of them comes right out and says that no one should've known the location of that base and that it looked like there was a leak. I've been thinking about who it might be, and my money is tentatively on the medic, TJ. All the characters(and the audience, heh) seem confused by her decision to leave the SGC to go back to school. Maybe she wanted to get out of dodge before the motherships(who, remember, we don't *know* were piloted by the Lucians) showed up, but then her allies decided she'd served her purpose and she could meet the same fate as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    When Carter calls O'Neill after the attack one of them comes right out and says that no one should've known the location of that base and that it looked like there was a leak. I've been thinking about who it might be, and my money is tentatively on the medic, TJ. All the characters(and the audience, heh) seem confused by her decision to leave the SGC to go back to school. Maybe she wanted to get out of dodge before the motherships(who, remember, we don't *know* were piloted by the Lucians) showed up, but then her allies decided she'd served her purpose and she could meet the same fate as everyone else.
    Spoiler: show
    When the senator sacrificed himself
    , Rush commented that he didn't cause the situation that made it necessary for them to use the gate. I don't know why, but as soon as he said that I decided that he was probably behind the attack. Also, I couldn't decide if his flashback to the communications stones was just showing how they work, or showing something more sinister going on when was in the other scientist's body.

Of course, they're probably just trying to make people suspect Rush of being bad to keep our focus away from the real bad guy.

They did drop the subject of the stones rather quickly but I'm sure they'll come up again in future episodes after they made it so clear Colonel Young thought they were important.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiron View Post
    , Rush commented that he didn't cause the situation that made it necessary for them to use the gate. I don't know why, but as soon as he said that I decided that he was probably behind the attack. Also, I couldn't decide if his flashback to the communications stones was just showing how they work, or showing something more sinister going on when was in the other scientist's body.

Of course, they're probably just trying to make people suspect Rush of being bad to keep our focus away from the real bad guy.

They did drop the subject of the stones rather quickly but I'm sure they'll come up again in future episodes after they made it so clear Colonel Young thought they were important.
    I thought EXACTLY the same thing about Rush when he said that, it's where I got the idea actually. What would his motivation be though, a fake attack to force them to go through the gate? Seems unlikely since he didn't even know how to make it work when they attacked. Maybe he planned on using the Lucian Alliance to seize control of the project so he wouldn't be subject to the Earth military's orders?

The only other person I could see as being the collaborator is the soldier dude who was locked up at the start, although that's a little too obvious (and too much like the guy from S1 of Atlantis who turned bad).

Also I'm pretty sure the big thing about the medic chick is that she's a lesbian, I think the stargate wiki said something about her and Ming-Na being a couple.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Obiron View Post

Rush IS the obvious choice, which is why I don't suspect him as much. I think if it does turn out he's the traitor, it won't be willingly. Remember him looking at that picture in his nightstand? Maybe the girl is a hostage against his cooperation.

I think the bit with the stones was left deliberately vague(too vague, a friend of mine who hasn't seen the other series didn't realize they put you in the other person's body) so we'd be left to speculate whether Rush's claim of authority was legit.

Also on my radar is Grier. Clearly has authority problems and little love for rules. So much so that I wouldn't be shocked if he's got a snake in his head.

I'm still a little confused about the purpose of the Destiny itself. Why not just port to this ships that manufacture the gates or just 8-chevron dial the gates themselves?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I am wondering about the ship as well. Was this a follow up to the gate ships. Where the gate ships just found any planet with the correct set of environmental variables that "could" support human life and just dropped a gate and dhd on them. And then this ship came along to actually take a closer look at the planets and make sure it was safe and not messing up with some life already there? Maybe after they launched the gate ships they found a few planets they shouldn't have gone too and then launched Destiny after. Maybe they had some Prime Directive thing after they started. I would think the gate ships would be able to report back that it put a gate on planet (6 symbols here) so that is why I think Destiny was something more than just a gate ship.

Planet 1562, small furry critters live here and they give everyone that stops by free cotton candy.
    check in the ok box.

Planet 1563, one island, rest of the planet is water, SHARKS WITH FRICKIN' LASERS!!
    checkin the not ok box.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

intresting to see where they're going with the rush character. reminds me alot of the pedophile scientist in lost in space

Celeste

I really like the Rush character myself, and the geeky guy. I personally think this will last a couple seasons. Besides it being apart of the Stargate universe, it has decent writing as far as I'm concerned.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What I'm "concerned" about is the power struggle. That military guy with the concussion (I'm bad with names) seems like the original Atlantis military leader. When he dies (since it's going to happen) I wonder who will step up? Rush seems like the obvious choice but people were already bitchy about following him until the cute guy waved his gun around, heh.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I see what you're saying. Tbh the ending for SG-A felt like more of a copout than SG-1s, hopefully they end up back in the Pegasus galaxy in the upcoming movie.

Farscape is alright, coming from Enterprise->Babylon5->SG1/SGA I was a lot more used to the regimented military aspects of those shows, so the whole ragtag team of criminals took a while to get used to. It's growing on me, although I think I just don't respond to shows where the technology isn't fleshed out and nerded upon as lavishly as Star Trek/Stargate are somewhat famous for. It reminds me of what I watched of Lexx/Andromeda, in a way, at least moreso than the other series.

Really I'm looking forward to Battlestar Galactica more than anything. I'll probably watch all 5 seasons in less than a week.
    i'm rewatching BSG now, currently on season 3 when they are on new caprica, watched the Razor movie/side story about pegasus, and of course the mini-series

such a good series, coming from a major star trek fan it's so much better in many ways, several tear jerkers all the way thru

the last frakkin special is pretty awesome too and should be watched if you are watching the entire show

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I do not wanna side track this but the new BSG was horrid and they ended it in a way that made no sense really

I do agree about the SG ending but they did make it better with the two movies.
    I do agree about the SGA ending, if that whole wormhole drive worked they can in theory just find the position of this ship, jump there and get them out. I do hope they end up back in Pegasus too.

I HOPE that military leader Akucaen is talking about does not die. HE seems like a decent fellow so far.

I was thinking maybe that pic Rush was really sad over was a dead wife.....

assburgers
    BG Level

I rofled hard over "OK SENDING HELP, ETA TWO BILLION YEARS!", well played.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Coming from ONTD so take what you want from this
    Syfy announced that Rhona Mitra (Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) will guest star in the final three episodes of Season 1. She'll play Kiva, "a strong-willed commander of an alien incursion force. Kiva will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew.

Kiva is a commander in the Lucian Alliance."

If it's true, I have no idea how it'll make sense. >.>

Also, SG:U is beating Dollhouse in ratings apparently

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I watched the UK episode last night. I mean seriously was there a need to cut the sex scene out? I mean come ON!

I really hate the censors sometimes.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lahan View Post
    I do not wanna side track this but the new BSG was horrid and they ended it in a way that made no sense really

I do agree about the SGA ending, if that whole wormhole drive worked they can in theory just find the position of this ship, jump there and get them out. I do hope they end up back in Pegasus too.

I HOPE that military leader Akucaen is talking about does not die. HE seems like a decent fellow so far.

are u talking about Caprica the pilot for the new series?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    are u talking about Caprica the pilot for the new series?
    No I mean the entire remake series. I had to force my self to sit there and try and get into it. They had the all fighting with themselves too much. was kinda lame they swiped the whole replicator thing from SG, "we made them and they evolved into us!" come on. I just could not get into it.

but forget about that, I have been thinking, WHERE is the Destiny is going? Maybe they knew about some even more ancient race in a galaxy far far away, (no pun intended), and sent this ship out to explore all the way to them. Or is it like I said before just checking out all the gates the gate ships droped and it is just THAT far behind the gate ships. Then got sidetracked with the whole assention thing.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Show has potential. I'm hoping it stays like this and doesn't become just another Stargate that has wacky adventures every episode on different planets. We'll see how it pans out.

Also, about the new BSG. Do yourself a favour and only watch up to the end of season 3. As far as I'm concerned, anything that was shown in season 4 didn't actually happen.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lahan View Post

SG1's "ending" was appropriate, I felt. The Asgard death was hinted at since, what, season 2? 3? It was a long time coming to happen within the series. The only reason I don't like the movie "real ending" more is because it was originally supposed to be written as a 6-parter. (so 4.5 hours instead of the 2 and change it was.) They could've made it a little bit cleaner with that time.

See, the reason I dislike the Atlantis ending is due to the fucking wormhole drive. By the logic used in the ending of SGA, they could use Atlantis to get to the Destiny. LOL PROBLEM SOLVED. (And I know the creator's cop-out will be that they needed the 3 ZPMs to make it work for Pegasus to the Milky Way, but they weren't depleted obviously since they use it to put Atlantis back in Pegasus (regardless of which drive they use, since they already said the movie would have Atlantis there.) Come on.)

Also that military leader is a dick. I really can't stand his character. I hope he dies somehow.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    See, the reason I dislike the Atlantis ending is due to the fucking wormhole drive. By the logic used in the ending of SGA, they could use Atlantis to get to the Destiny. LOL PROBLEM SOLVED. (And I know the creator's cop-out will be that they needed the 3 ZPMs to make it work for Pegasus to the Milky Way, but they weren't depleted obviously since they use it to put Atlantis back in Pegasus (regardless of which drive they use, since they already said the movie would have Atlantis there.) Come on.)

Also that military leader is a dick. I really can't stand his character. I hope he dies somehow.
    I have a lot more problems with the Atlantis finale than the wormhole drive, but yeah, I agree. Not only was it completely out of left field, it was introduced in response to an arbitrary problem. From the writers' perspective, they could've had the city arrive just in the nick of time by using the hyperdrive and though it's cliche, the audience wouldn't have questioned it. Instead, they invent the problem that Atlantis won't get there fast enough and then invent the solution in practically the same breath, all to give us the same cliche ending.

Also, might your desire to see Young(the injured commander) dead have to do with getting more screentime for Scott, his second?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast