View Poll Results: Do you want to watch.

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 74.61%
  • No

23 11.92%
  • I want to Bitch

26 13.47%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lahan View Post
    Re watching it now, I just noticed something....

Lexa Doig, she played the Avatar for the starship, Andromeda, and was Dr. Lam on SG, Is one of the people that made it through the gate to the Destiny. (she is not playing Dr. Lam she is a new character)

(She was the one that got into it with the guy that was in the brig.)
    That's Ming Na (from ER, the voice of Mulan, most recently in Push), not Lexa Doig. NOT ALL ASIAN PEOPLE LOOK ALIKE.

Just a fun fact btw, Lexa Doig is married to Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson) in real life

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

YEA! I just learned about that married thing recently! (even thought it was like in 2003 I think LOL)

Yea I edited my post after you were quoting me and added an I think to it sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lahan View Post
    Re watching it now, I just noticed something....

Lexa Doig, she played the Avatar for the starship, Andromeda, and was Dr. Lam on SG, Is one of the people that made it through the gate to the Destiny. (I saw her name in the credits I do not think she is playing Dr. Lam, she is a new character)

(I *think* she was the one that got into it with the guy that was in the brig.)
    Yea Atreides is right I am a dink never mind that. I got a good look at her this time. So maybe shell be popping in with the stones like the other two.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..

AND WTH!! A shuttle launched at the end!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

btw parts one and two of "air" (last week's episodes) are free up on iTunes right now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

anyone wanna have a guessing battle with me on:

Spoiler: show
    wtf that ship that flew off the ancient ship was?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by gaimear View Post

I'm guessing it was some sort of enemy ship that was in hibernation like a data retrieval ship or something ( i wouldn't put it past the writers ) that woke up some how, and then flew off reveling that Destiny was active again and is going to tell the enemy race or some shit. Stargate just isnt stargate without enemys and its gotta throw some in there at some point.

If thats the case, i think this show will get pretty interesting. Not a bad episode in my opinion

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Asgon View Post
    I'm guessing it was some sort of enemy ship that was in hibernation like a data retrieval ship or something ( i wouldn't put it past the writers ) that woke up some how, and then flew off reveling that Destiny was active again and is going to tell the enemy race or some shit. Stargate just isnt stargate without enemys and its gotta throw some in there at some point.

If thats the case, i think this show will get pretty interesting. Not a bad episode in my opinion
    Didn't they say that there wouldn't be any static enemies in this series? I can't remember where I read that; I could be wrong.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    did you ever see the screen test they did with Genevieve Bujold for the role of Janeway? It's horrifyingly bad, and makes you appreciate Janeway that much more.

Honestly everyone on Voyager was a complete weiner, except for Janeway.

edit: here ya go
    YouTube - First Captain Janeway Complete
    Are you fucking kidding me? Kate Mulgrew was a love hate thing since S1/2 she was shit and then got much, much better as the seasons progressed, but holy shit I'm glad she got the part. I'm glad Genevieve couldn't deal with the TV film schedule. She is terrible.

Also watching the SGU ep now. :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by gaimear View Post

OK I'll bite.
    IT really looked like one of the shuttles to me so,
    -Did someone push a button they weren't supposed to.
    -Did the ship just eject the broken one the Senator died in to seal the air leak. (I don't buy this one the inner hatch was broken remember)
    -Was there someone else on the ship?
    -- Aliens?
    -- The leak people mentioned earlier? (to the Lucian Alliance)
    -- Did one, (or more or all), of the Alterans that asended never leave the ship?
    (I state the above because *maybe* that wisp of wind on the planet was an
    Alteran trying to "help" him without helping him if you know what I mean)
    -Or, did the ship know those two hockey pucks went to the OTHER planet and sent the shuttle to try and get them?
    -And Asgon already said the bad guy thing, but I still say that looked a lot LOT like one of their shuttles. So maybe someone set something up in one of them when they visited the ship however long ago.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I noticed that too. I was curious wtf happened there.

So I just started watching this with this series; I think I saw that old ass stargate movie back in the day. Reading this thread it seems I have missed a ton of shit, but so far I've enjoyed these 2 episodes.

What should I do to catch up on story line. Is this series completely unrelated?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think if you just have a basic understandong of the SG universe itself (as in the story ect) you should be able to enjoy this as a stand alone.

It would take you a while to catch up what was there 10 seasons of SG and 6 of SGA? And there was that cartoon that no one watched

But yea if you understand whats going on with the gates and some of the tech you'll be good to go.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

stargate atlantis always looked retarded to me and i never got into it - is it worth it?

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yeah, I think they're trying to attract a new audience with this series and as such I don't think they're going to be assuming their viewers know anything about the lore of the franchise.

You could try watching the other two series, Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, but be forewarned that A) there are 15 seasons and I think over 300 episodes between them and B) they are very different in tone and mood so you may not find them to your taste despite liking the new series.

If you just want to know more about the lore, there's always wikipedia and if you have specific questions I'm sure we'd all be glad to answer them here.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any important character info or anything. Is this a whole new set of characters or were they in the previous series? I wouldn't mind going back and watching the old seasons and stuff, just going to take some time like you say.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any important character info or anything. Is this a whole new set of characters or were they in the previous series? I wouldn't mind going back and watching the old seasons and stuff, just going to take some time like you say.
    Carter(the blonde who was commanding the ship that defended the base in the first episode), O'Neill(the general in charge of the Stargate program), and Jackson(the man in the instructional videos Eli watched), are all characters from SG-1. Other than that it's an all new cast, so no, you're not missing out on anything in that regard.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Cool thanks, I've enjoyed these first two episodes so far.

What do you guys think as people who have seen the previous series?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I myself really like this new Stargate especially the planet of the apes reference that was cool lol. Im really starting not to like rush though but i feel as if i will like him in the end lol.(Frankly he was being pathetic in teh desert)

also heres rip from wiki the ancient appearance should be a good one to look out for.

Crossover appearances and guest stars

From the beginning, Robert C. Cooper ruled out the permanent inclusion of any well-known characters from the two previous Stargate series, although "there will certainly be plenty of opportunity for cross over, and there certainly might be some familiar faces in the premiere and in subsequent episodes". Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter) and Gary Jones (Walter Harriman) made cameo appearances in the pilot episode, "Air". Richard Dean Anderson (Jack O'Neill) will appear in multiple episodes in the future. Shanks will make another guest appearance during the second half of the first season. Brad Wright approached Robert Picardo (Richard Woolsey), who declared his interest in appearing early on in the show. Ona Grauer, who played the Ancient Ayiana in SG-1 and Atlantis, will appear in an early Universe episode.

Christopher McDonald guest-starred as Chloe Armstrong's father, a United States senator who has political oversight of the Stargate program. The Grammy-nominated singer Janelle Monáe will play herself performing the songs "Many Moons" and "Sincerely" from her album Metropolis in the episode "Earth". Carlo Rota will play Carl Strom, head of the International Oversight Advisory (IOA). Reiko Aylesworth has been cast as Sharon, the long-time partner of Ming-Na's character Camille Wray. Aylesworth will first appear in the ninth episode, "Life", in a possibly recurring role

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Cool thanks, I've enjoyed these first two episodes so far.

What do you guys think as people who have seen the previous series?
    SG-1 is fantastic, at least for its first 8 seasons. It also spends a lot of time with the Goa'uld arc, as well as filling you in on the relatively rapid technological developments that Earth was able to obtain.

SG-A is alright, it's not as good as SG-1 but I really enjoyed it.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So preview for next week seems to imply a power shortage. I'm starting to think this first season will be nothing but repairing the ship...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I like the idea of ascended ancients helping Scott out instead of my first thought of sand creatures lol. I really wonder wtf happened to the 2 people on the other planet, more interested in that then the lame ending with the shuttle.

I'm surprised he actually stuck his arm through the stargate lol. I wouldn't have trusted Rush.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    I like the idea of ascended ancients helping Scott out instead of my first thought of sand creatures lol. I really wonder wtf happened to the 2 people on the other planet, more interested in that then the lame ending with the shuttle.

I'm surprised he actually stuck his arm through the stargate lol. I wouldn't have trusted Rush.
    I would have stuck something else I may have had on me, like the walkie-talkie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast