Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

This argument reminds of the old RDM Melee argument where someone says "My Melee RDM can keep up with WARs and SAMs and DRGs blah blah blah." What they fail to mention is that they have 50 mil worth of gear. The point they miss is that with a similar investment of gear, the DD class wouldn't even be within sight of the Melee RDM.

A players end efficiency = Skill + Gear + Base (probably multiplied by another variable called "Circumstances", but we're going to assume this value is the same for this comparison).

Sure, a player with high Skill and/or Gear can make up the difference of the base, but if that player added his/her skill and gear to that higher base in the first place, then the end efficiency would, in turn, be higher. I think it is pretty easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that WHM/SCH has a higher base efficiency than WHM/RDM.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Change it to bowling or some not-super-physically intensive sport and give them a broken leg instead of a mental disability then. 'twas just an analogy.
    fair enough

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

i wish a good ls (if they are any left in this dead game, is apathyls still any good?) would just get it down to 70% and Modus Veritas with a pty of SCH's with on event and get a kill ..shit

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Cure casting time doesn't cap (well, it probably does at 50%, but one can only realistically get into the upper 40s iirc). The initial tests suggested it does because they were measuring the casting animation, not when HP was restored. And WHM/RDM is an abominable combination that should never be used, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    is apathyls still any good?
    I dunno, their leader's account is for sale on EGS though.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A friend on Remora told me they're recruiting a lot of gimps at the moment, which I guess makes sense if your main focus is AV seeing as it's a fight that relies on numbers in every sense.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    i wish a good ls (if they are any left in this dead game, is apathyls still any good?) would just get it down to 70% and Modus Veritas with a pty of SCH's with on event and get a kill ..shit
    90% chance that wouldn't work as I already said.

Tell us about Apathy and Sinus VS.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    A friend on Remora told me they're recruiting a lot of gimps at the moment, which I guess makes sense if your main focus is AV seeing as it's a fight that relies on numbers in every sense.
    Is your friend in exodus by any chance? lol. Btw ask your friend what his definition of gimp is.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Tell us about Apathy and Sinus VS.
    Sinus quit, the ls goes on... it lost a great player, but there have always been a few others in the ls. Most lss have a few great players and many average at best players, no difference really. Few players that are extremely knowledgeable and actually try to play well and use everything the game offers, not just bare minimum gear.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Some of Apathy's melee might be a bit underachieving or so, who cares, FFXI = mage world.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    Is your friend in exodus by any chance? lol. Btw ask your friend what his definition of gimp is.
    No, but I do trust his judgement. That said, he does have often ridiculously high standards. I wasn't being sarcastic or trying to flame - especially with the new info that's come to light, it's apparent that AV is a fight that requires a lot of bodies so I can't blame you for recruiting less-than-quality players. It's not like there's much else to choose from nowadays.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post
    RDM is just such an odd choice. I can understand the logic behind White Mage subbing Black Mage, Scholar, and Summoner, but not Red Mage.
    Anything that you are low-manning where you need Dispel and don't have otherwise I'd sub RDM, but that's about it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Anything that you are low-manning where you need Dispel and don't have otherwise I'd sub RDM, but that's about it.
    If you need it that bad, you can addendum: black and dispel stuff on whm/sch.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

<gimp logic>

Changing to addendum:black on whm? Are you insane?!

</gimp logic>

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

sorry to burst bubbles, but people need to stay ontopic. RMT activity has nothing to do with the Sch + AV madness.

Keep the thread clean, even if it hasn't gone anywhere yet.