+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I enjoyed the beginning of KH2 with Roxas, but completely forgot the rest. It wasn't a bad game at all, but story did feel like it was trying to be more than it should be.

The game would have been better if it didn't include Sora, donald and goofy as main character. You can tie KH1 loose end without bringing them back.
    I thought the whole heartless and nobody connection was the dumbest shit ever, and the whole old disney enemies coming back while actually accomplishing no fucking thing in the end was pretty fucking infuriating.

Also, maybe it's because it's been a while since I played the first one, but I don't fucking remember the dialogues and the storyline being half as fucking forced and awkward as it was in KH2

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't think the difference between both game in term of quality was that large, it's just that Sora's story was already told, and bringing him back is nothing more than fanservice/money milking. Nobody/heartless story was fine imo, but I would have prefered learning it from Roxas/namine standpoint.

Actually, I hated revisiting the same world. The first game had original disney story (kinda), while the sequel often had straigth to DVD quality material.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just love how they fucking assumed you play CoM on KH2

Or at least that's what I assume they assumed, since otherwise the goddamn thing had even more plotholes than I thought it did.

Also, why the fuck did Kairi had a keyblade and nobody?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I don't think the difference between both game in term of quality was that large, it's just that Sora's story was already told, and bringing him back is nothing more than fanservice/money milking. Nobody/heartless story was fine imo, but I would have prefered learning it from Roxas/namine standpoint.

Actually, I hated revisiting the same world. The first game had original disney story (kinda), while the sequel often had straigth to DVD quality material.
    That's what I loved about it too. Replaying classic Disney stories with a twist, after a while in KH2 it just became filler because we did it all already and it wasn't nearly as fun. I personally thought the heartless/nobody thing was annoying and far more complicated than it should have been. KH2 lost a lot of the atmosphere that KH1 had.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Don't hate, KH2 was legit. Riku+ Sora ruinion = shed tears, and shut up. Also, Sephiroth fight in KH2 is fucking broken and he cheats like a mother fucker, needing almost a full minute of beating on him AFTER his HP hits 1 before he dies.

lol, Sephiroth is a joke. He's even easier in KH2 because of how well Sora can move and attack. But I get what you're doing, so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post

Or at least that's what I assume they assumed, since otherwise the goddamn thing had even more plotholes than I thought it did.
    Yeah, I bought CoM on a whim, thinking that it wouldn't give me anything of substance for the second KH game, and then I buy KHII at its release and find out that there was a lot of fucking story from CoM that applied to KHII.

I actually want to know more about Org XIII. I like the direction the series is taking. It seems that SE took Disney along to open up this story, and is now branching out beyond the initial scope. But, at the same time, they recognize how important the Disney anchor is to the story, so games like this one (and BBS I assume) are more ancillary, helping the followers of the series to understand more fully details between main titles.

All I know is the Chernobog fight and the Clock Tower Phantom from KH ruined all other boss fights for me.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mi Young
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Rom link go? D:

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Don't hate, KH2 was legit. Riku+ Sora ruinion = shed tears, and shut up. Also, Sephiroth fight in KH2 is fucking broken and he cheats like a mother fucker, needing almost a full minute of beating on him AFTER his HP hits 1 before he dies.
    Berserk Charge, Trinity Limit

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I thought CoM was better than KH2 just because CoM was actually a challange to beat. KH2 is just too damn easy, even on proud mode.

On that note, does 358/2 give Marluxia some back story or is it all Roxas being an emo bitch.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Berserk Charge, Trinity Limit
    Don't get me wrong, I beat his little bitch ass. But when I went in underleveled too see ow I'd do, he beat the brakes off me.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeelch View Post
    I thought CoM was better than KH2 just because CoM was actually a challange to beat. KH2 is just too damn easy, even on proud mode.

On that note, does 358/2 give Marluxia some back story or is it all Roxas being an emo bitch.
    All the COM Org XIII members are barely seen in this game, though Axel, Saix and Xigbar get quite a lot of backstory to compensate.

Roxas is a much more interesting character in this game than KH2.

I like the new magic system, the -ra and -ga spells don't replace the starting versions and are more situational, therefore making level 1 spells more effective than those in a lot of instances.

I.e. Cura works like regen so it doesn't completely outclass Cure, Fira is more powerful than Fire but less accurate and so on.

I also like how they added more elements than just fire/ice/thunder, like water and earth, though most of those elements are enemy only.

The panel system is great, but gets tedious at some point when you seem not to have enough slots for all you need.

Also Org. XIII moogle > every other moogle in the whole FF series.
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/ki...ion_Moogle.png

Edit: Oh they finally introduced official status ailments such as blind (melee attacks don't do damage, "miss!" appears even if you hit), silence, confuse, freeze, burn (same as poison), gravity(can't jump).
    There are some new ailments exclusive to this game like "jolt", "air-tossed", "level 1" as well.
    Can heal those with Panacea, which was introduced too.

Lastly there are some epic boss battles on the level of the giant heartless bosses you fight in KH2, like the
    Spoiler: show
    demon wall-like heartless you fight in Beast's Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeelch View Post

Only reason CoM is harder is because the gameplay sucks ass. I mean seriously, having normal attacks as disposable cards? What is this shit? I beat the game, but I wasn't happy about it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Also, why the fuck did Kairi had a keyblade and nobody?

That confused me too when I first played. Not having played CoM I was at a loss to where the other members were.

The Kairi issue however does make sense, in my understanding of it at least. Kairi lost her hot to Riku/Ansem/Malificant in the first story, to open the path to Kingdom Hearts. When she lost it, Namine was born. Same happened with Roxas when Sora gave his heart/life for Kairi.

The Keyblade issue, she was just chosen to have it is my guess. I hope there's more of her fighting though in future games.

The keyblade was really fucking random. Heartless makes sense but the keyblade came out of no where. Personally I don't need to see Kairi fight, since it would be a giant step backwards...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I guess it's a good thing that I dont remember Kairi's keyblade at all.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Only reason CoM is harder is because the gameplay sucks ass. I mean seriously, having normal attacks as disposable cards? What is this shit? I beat the game, but I wasn't happy about it.
    The gameplay is that game is more well thought out than it is in KH2. KH2 is pretty much hit X win game, except vs Xaldin where it is hit triangle win game. I guess I liked the card system in CoM since it required you to actually think.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I feel like I'm missing out by not playing these yet. From reading about 358/2 Days it seems like a pretty good DS game. I just got KH 1 and 2 so I guess I'll give it a go. Should I bother getting Re:COM to play in between, and is the DS one after 2?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It definatley takes place after KH1 and before KH2, but I'm not exactly sure if it takes place before or during CoM. With the lack of the CoM Orginzation members I would be inclined to think during CoM otherwise theres a huge plot problem unless Sora is chasing after Pluto for a good 2 months.

Edit: Just checked, it appears it takes place alongside CoM.

Old Merits
    BG Level

There's a year between the end of CoM and when Sora wakes up in KH2. You play 10 days as Roxas at the beginning of KH2, and so this DS game is the other 358 days in the year in between the games. Hence the silly title.