+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias View Post
    There's a year between the end of CoM and when Sora wakes up in KH2. You play 10 days as Roxas at the beginning of KH2, and so this DS game is the other 358 days in the year in between the games. Hence the silly title.
    It isn't. The CoM orginzation members are dead at that point in the story besides Axel.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

tbh, I think Kairi is able to use a keyblade because she has Sora's heart, doesn't she?
    Isn't giving that up to her the entire reason he became a heartless in KH1?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeelch View Post
    The gameplay is that game is more well thought out than it is in KH2. KH2 is pretty much hit X win game, except vs Xaldin where it is hit triangle win game. I guess I liked the card system in CoM since it required you to actually think.
    For the most part sure, but try doing that against FM+ secret bosses and see how fast you go down. I bet you think there's no need to use your head in KH2, but there is - unless you're the type of player who spams curaga/potions all the time because you can't be fucked to read and avoid attacks.

The card system wasn't deep, it only made you think because of how poorly it was done. Fuck, I'm surprised they didn't assign jump to a fucking card.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I do believe Domon is right. He gave up his heart so that she may live, which would technically give her a keyblade.... amirite?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I do believe Domon is right. He gave up his heart so that she may live, which would technically give her a keyblade.... amirite?
    That is one possible theory. But if we were to use that theory, why did the Keyblade not appear to her after Sora became a Hartless and she was basically about to be raped in Belle's Tower(Forgot the worlds name sorry)?

I do agree that it is a good theory, possibly the Keyblade appears to those that are pure of heart and are in life-threatening moments. Sora obtained his when he was about to be eaten up by the Hartless on Destiny Island. Kairi obtains her Keyblade from Ansem/Riku amidst battle of the Hartless and Nobodies.

I'm waiting to see though is Riku's sword becomes a Keyblade. He brings it out/summons it the same way Sora recalls his Keyblade from Squall(KH1) and Roxas(KH2). It would make sense then for Kairi, Sora and Riku to be Keyblade holders since their in teams of three.

Riku's sword (basically) is his keyblade. Sora's is light, Mickey's is darkness and Riku's is twilight.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    For the most part sure, but try doing that against FM+ secret bosses and see how fast you go down. I bet you think there's no need to use your head in KH2, but there is - unless you're the type of player who spams curaga/potions all the time because you can't be fucked to read and avoid attacks.

The card system wasn't deep, it only made you think because of how poorly it was done. Fuck, I'm surprised they didn't assign jump to a fucking card.
    Ah, I never played FM+, so I guess it could be harder. But you have to admit, if you are not talking about FM+ secret bosses, KH2 is really stupid easy. The hardest thing in that game is the Hades Cup, and thats only because of the round with the four final fantasy people.
    It also doesn't seem like I can change your mind on the card system, so I'll just say the game is flawed but I still enjoyed it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Riku's sword (basically) is his keyblade. Sora's is light, Mickey's is darkness and Riku's is twilight.
    I don't think Basically needs to be used.
    Soul Eater wasn't a keyblade but Way to the Dawn is, not quite sure when it became one but in KH2 he is already using a Keyblade.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Way_to_the_Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Squeelch View Post
    It also doesn't seem like I can change your mind on the card system, so I'll just say the game is flawed but I still enjoyed it.
    That's fair enough, if you liked the game despite the system there's little I can argue against that. And yeah, normal KH2 is stupid easy, hell, I think even the final fight in the Hades cup is easy (Magnet/Reflect). FM+ gives you a lot of options to make the game harder, including new difficulties, accessories (like 0 exp gain) and bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    I don't think Basically needs to be used.
    Soul Eater wasn't a keyblade but Way to the Dawn is, not quite sure when it became one but in KH2 he is already using a Keyblade.

Way to the Dawn - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship
    Though the appearance changed they didn't make much of an effort to tell the player it had a new name (I think unless you looked at Riku's weapon on the status screen). Still, it's Riku's keyblade, though I think Soul Eater was supposed to be like a keyblade in KH1.

Just reminds me of that annoying section in KH1 where Riku steals Sora's keyblade, leaving him with a wooden sword.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I thought the dark keyblade deal Riku used in KH1 was something different but I am uncertain. (Or maybe what I am thinking of was not even a keyblade, but the one that was used to unlock people's hearts and whatnot... my memory of KH1 is very foggy)
    It didn't look like the Soul Eater in CoM or Way to the Dawn from what I remember.

I certainly remember that Soul Eater was not a keyblade though.

EDIT: found a pic of what I remembered him using, I wonder what this is. I will have to do more reading.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/ki.../Dark_Riku.png

I thought Soul Eater was just an imperfect keyblade. Since I assume the Soul Eater later turned into Way to Dawn, it must have had some properties of a keyblade since Riku doesn't make much of an effort to distinguish between the weapons.

Since Riku's keyblade in KH1 had a lot of properties of a keyblade (open doors, unlock hearts etc), it later turned into the Soul Eater, since Riku had a lot of Ansem's darkness/power within him.

Ehh, this is why KH's story is annoying but still fascinating. So the way I saw it was Riku's dark keyblade in KH1 (fake keyblade so to speak) > Soul Eater (imperfect/incomplete) > Way to Dawn (perfect). It's like his weapon evolved with his and become truer as he went along.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think that is the most sensible way to look at it, that's also kind of how I see it.
    I only hope that's how it's intended to be, though even if it is... I do also wish they'd hint at it just a little more so that it's not just speculation on our part.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought Soul Eater was just an imperfect keyblade. Since I assume the Soul Eater later turned into Way to Dawn, it must have had some properties of a keyblade since Riku doesn't make much of an effort to distinguish between the weapons.

Since Riku's keyblade in KH1 had a lot of properties of a keyblade (open doors, unlock hearts etc), it later turned into the Soul Eater, since Riku had a lot of Ansem's darkness/power within him.

Ehh, this is why KH's story is annoying but still fascinating. So the way I saw it was Riku's dark keyblade in KH1 (fake keyblade so to speak) > Soul Eater (imperfect/incomplete) > Way to Dawn (perfect). It's like his weapon evolved with his and become truer as he went along.
    This is the theory most of the people I have talked with agree on.

@ KH2 Game was easier, and I really wish FM had been the only version of this game that was released it was vastly superior. I liked the story in 2 though and most of the stuff they added was a lot better then the first.

So just finished the main storyline.

For those who were wondering, this game is essentially 60% Org. XIII, 30% Sora & co. stuff, 8% Disney and 2% FF (moogle, magic and some heartless based on FF enemies).

The first half of the game is pretty bland but the story really gets better after a certain thing is hinted/revealed.

The game gives you the feeling that the series is becoming its own universe and the Disney borrowed characters get more and more pushed outside of it.
    I really don't see why SE should keep Disney characters at this point, other than Mickey they're all pretty useless.

If you loved the Disney component of the series more, chances are you won't like this game; if you like Sora/Roxas/Riku/Kairi/Organization side more you'll love it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex
    I really don't see why SE should keep Disney characters at this point, other than Mickey they're all pretty useless.
    I'd like to see them at least keep Donald and Goofy as well. Anyone remember if they specifically tell you if there's a limited number of worlds or not?

well sooner or later they're gonna run out of Disney Worlds unless they start going with their crappy movies like Emperor's New Groove

What? Emperor's new groove is a great movie. Anyway, the Disney chars don't need to be involved in the sense that we're just replaying their stories. Give the Disney chars new roles to play and so on.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    well sooner or later they're gonna run out of Disney Worlds unless they start going with their crappy movies like Emperor's New Groove
    Emperor new groove was awesome. I loved it.

well fine, but if Lady and the Tramp are summons I'm just gonna give the hell up

At least summons are optional, not like they're pivotal to the story. Flounder the fish could be a summon and I wouldn't give a fuck.