+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Anyone else playing this? Comes out today/tomorrow in the US.

I just got (*wink*) a few hours ago, pretty fun so far. Up to Day 16 and just starting to get to real missions.

It reminds me of Crisis Core in a way, except Crisis Core was ass and this isn't.

Also I'm mildly surprised how good the graphics are on this. Music/locations are nothing new, but it's pretty fun.

Tbh I don't understand the direction they're taking this series. KH1, and to a lesser extent 2, was all about the blending of S-E and Disney, but all this organization XIII lore shit is just weird.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post

Tbh I don't understand the direction they're taking this series. KH1, and to a lesser extent 2, was all about the blending of S-E and Disney, but all this organization XIII lore shit is just weird.
    this is why I haven't been able to really get into the series. I loved the first one, something about the story honestly touched me. but that was the only one I really found myself enjoying.

I guess I might check this out, but certainly wouldn't pay for it.

Anyone else playing this? Comes out today/tomorrow in the US.

I just got (*wink*) a few hours ago, pretty fun so far. Up to Day 16 and just starting to get to real missions.

It reminds me of Crisis Core in a way, except Crisis Core was ass and this isn't.

Also I'm mildly surprised how good the graphics are on this. Music/locations are nothing new, but it's pretty fun.

I think they just wanted to flesh out Roxas and Org XIII cause of their popularity from KH2. I mean Birth By Sleep is going to be all about the events that lead up to the rest of the series, so I think zipper man just wants to expand on some of the back story before announcing 3 (BBS is supposed to have the secret movie for the next KH game)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How long until I'm pass all the tutorial shit? Just finished doing one where I had to run around aimlessly clicking stuff. Hard to get into the story so far due to Roxas being a mere puppet, hoping it picks up soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They made more KH? I played #2 and haven't bothered to get the secret ending (youtubed it). Has there been any more releases that don't require exporting? I know they like to re-re-remake them or some shit.

I thought KH RE: Chain of Memories was wayyyy too difficult for something that was supposed to be a filler-type game, but I think my problem was not grinding enough between bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    How long until I'm pass all the tutorial shit? Just finished doing one where I had to run around aimlessly clicking stuff. Hard to get into the story so far due to Roxas being a mere puppet, hoping it picks up soon.
    once you get to the recon mission it's not much longer, maybe 1 or 2 missions?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

LOL.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    LOL.
    Hey hey at least we get the superior version, Birth by Sleep.

I'm not sure why I didn't like Crisis Core tbh, maybe because Zack moves like he has a degenerative motor neuron disease.

Anyway I'm already out of panel spots, which is an interesting feature but I hate trying to use items/magic mid-battle in KH games. Also, Control Type B is infinitely better than A.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I played it in slant and it was pretty terribad. Maybe the story (lol) will keep me playing it this time when I try it.

The story was the only thing that got me past CoM (GBA version). Not expecting this to be good, but I like Roxas so I'll give it a try when I get a DS. Or find a decent DS emulator.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I think it'd suck, just finished playing KH2, and Org XIII is like the worst fucking thing to happen to the series, and I can't see how a game based on it could be any good at all.

If it happens to be good, then I guess that's that, but really, I'd still be using my DS mostly for graphing calculator and making out with virtual schoolgirl.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/ArsDraconis/15.jpg

How can you resist that?

I agree, I loved the story in KH1, it's still one of my all time favourites. But KH2's story was so fucking out there that eventually I fell out of love with it. At least the game was fun and the boss fights were pretty awesome - but yeah, everything to do with Org. XIII is bad (I say that, but I like Roxas... maybe because he was a pretty tragic character).

Meh, I only want a DS so I can hack the shit out of it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    If it happens to be good, then I guess that's that
    Fear not, it's not good.
    I'd still be using my DS mostly for graphing calculator and making out with virtual schoolgirl.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/ArsDraconis/15.jpg

How can you resist that?
    http://www.imagebeast.net/images/moc...g1o9wrqexl.jpg

Black Belt
    BG Level

don't be jealous that i've been chatting with DS babes all day

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I loved KH because of the crossover value and excellent story.

KH2 seemed like it added a little too much to the story, but it was still great.

Now these extra side things seem less like Disney and more like SE. That's not why I fell in love with the series.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I loved KH because of the crossover value and excellent story.

KH2 seemed like it added a little too much to the story, but it was still great.

Now these extra side things seem less like Disney and more like SE. That's not why I fell in love with the series.
    It's less of adding too much to the story and more like adding too many fucking character while turning the rest of the storyline into a fanfic acted out by a bunch of middle schoolers

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It's less of adding too much to the story and more like adding too many fucking character while turning the rest of the storyline into a fanfic acted out by a bunch of middle schoolers
    Yea, you put that better than I did. Oh. And zippers. So many zippers.

just unlocked more panel spots, and got access to the shop. tbh I'm completely in love with the panel system, I really like how you can fit your abilities on the grid to tailor your character to whatever mission is coming up. It's kinda like... the suitcase from RE4 meets the sphere grid? I guess, I dunno.

As much as I don't care about the story (that's not to say I don't like it, I just don't care about it), the gameplay is awesome and the controls are surprisingly tight.

Next stop, Agrabah!

Anyone know if there are summons in this?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I enjoyed the beginning of KH2 with Roxas, but completely forgot the rest. It wasn't a bad game at all, but story did feel like it was trying to be more than it should be.

The game would have been better if it didn't include Sora, donald and goofy as main character. You can tie KH1 loose end without bringing them back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast