Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lowman Soboro Sukehiro(Unstable Cluster) Fight

A few friends of mine are interested in getting these, I haven't done the fight in several years. The most relevant questions I have are:

1. Does Unstable Cluster have movement speed?

2. Does it have regain(tp regen)?

3. Has anyone had any success doing a kite solo/duo/trio? If so, can you give specifics?

4. Assuming those things are not possible, what would be the lowest you can safely kill it with straight tanking and what would be a good setup?

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Pretty easy with a die/reraise Dobsonfly-style strategy, unless you can't be arsed doing that.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i did the die/reraise took like 3-4hs with bio/poison2

Quote Originally Posted by Ros View Post
    i did the die/reraise took like 3-4hs with bio/poison2
    3-4 hours for one pop? @_@

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Worst part no dorp since no TH

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Should be very simple straight tank fight with 4 as pld rdm whm blm. Blm obviously stuns self-destruct (depending on whether you buy into the less bombs = lower drop rate it becomes an easier fight with each destruct). Sleep it if you are having mp issues, but you shouldn't with a well geared pld and enfeebles. Would dualbox a thf as a 5th if possible because it will undoubtably save a lot of time farming pops and getting NM to drop.

I don't remember it having movement speed so it may be possible to rng burn it with DoT or something similar. No idea about whether or not it has regain though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How did it take you 3-4 hours...?

Got mine to 5% BLM solo before d/cing in "maximum" 1.5 hours, was more like 1 hour though.

Unless you didn't use drain, which actually saved me a lot of time.

Edit:

It doesn't have regain, and better yet, it doesn't even aggro spellcasting.

cba browsing ss folders... but basically BLM/NIN with 60 reraises (to be safe, will use like 40 top)

Stand behind it(didn't risk checking if it does sight aggro) and bio 2 > drain (3 shadows last long enough for both to go off), rinse and repeat, I'd advice bringing a THF to do kill since drop rate is rather low and finishing the last % who might be tricky for a weakened BLM (drain leaving at 2 HP and bio finishing it while you're waiting on reraise menu to pop up...)

Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    Should be very simple straight tank fight with 4 as pld rdm whm blm. Blm obviously stuns self-destruct (depending on whether you buy into the less bombs = lower drop rate it becomes an easier fight with each destruct). Sleep it if you are having mp issues, but you shouldn't with a well geared pld and enfeebles. Would dualbox a thf as a 5th if possible because it will undoubtably save a lot of time farming pops and getting NM to drop.

I don't remember it having movement speed so it may be possible to rng burn it with DoT or something similar. No idea about whether or not it has regain though.
    I think you're better off replacing the whm with a smn, phalanxga is pretty nice with the lower damage triple attacks, and cure3 from /whm in 50cap is nowhere near as bad for helping with healing as it is normally in uncapped situations.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    A few friends of mine are interested in getting these, I haven't done the fight in several years. The most relevant questions I have are:

1. Does Unstable Cluster have movement speed?

2. Does it have regain(tp regen)?

3. Has anyone had any success doing a kite solo/duo/trio? If so, can you give specifics?

4. Assuming those things are not possible, what would be the lowest you can safely kill it with straight tanking and what would be a good setup?
    Done this fight several times, but never a solo/duo/trio. Smallest I've done was just 1 pty, so to my knowledge...

1. Not that I've noticed.

2. Same, not that I've noticed.

3. :/

4. PLD RDM THF (for TH, not really important) BLM SAM SAM was set up I used last time I went, and the set up I try to stick with.

We did it last time with PLD/BLU, WHM, RDM, BLM, SAM/NIN, and a THF. Very easy, but pld/nin or pld/war is probably better. Sleep at 50% to rest MP and then finish it. Drop rate isn't too bad if you make it through the fight with all 3 bombs up.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some friends and I did this before with PLD/WAR THF/NIN(as the only sources of damage) BRD BLM BLM RDM(both BLMs dual boxed for stun). It takes about 10min with the DD from a PLD and a THF to kill. One BLM is completely ancillary; We only brought it cause we could. It doesn't have regain, or movement speed bonus. You could also probably drop the bard(he was there cause he wanted one) which would add a a few minutes to your kill, but in general this is not dangerous at all with a PLD tank.

As stated, it's pretty susceptible to light based sleep. One of our runs our PLD died to an errant self-destruct. Our BRD was able to sleep it easily for 5min while he unweakened.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    Unless you didn't use drain, which actually saved me a lot of time.
    How much was drain doing ? was it a noticeable percent of its HP ? I'm quite interested in getting Soboro solo when Im near that lvl on SAM.

edit: I ask because as you pointed out, it dying unclaimed while you were getting up or dead would suck so timing a good ES Drain near the end may be well used.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Was up to 3% iirc with ES... not sure

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Came on COR with LS for this. I didnt tp or DD. just concentrated on Light Shot to sleep when Self-Destruct came. Out of the 10-12 fights we did I got resisted/missed Light Shot once. I did on avg. per fight 4-6 Light Shots. I have good gear for COR and also have Quick Draw merits on acc and timer too. I stacked on as much agi gear I could. We did have BLMS help stun. Quick Draw always got off first before stun.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quick Draw merits don't apply in a 50-cap.

Just out of curiosity. Which would be the shorter solo fight.
    RDM/NIN opening with CS Fire2 and Bio/Poison for the rest
    or
    BLM/NIN with Bio/Poison/Drain all the way

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Which would be the shorter solo fight.
    RDM/NIN opening with CS Fire2 and Bio/Poison for the rest
    or
    BLM/NIN with Bio/Poison/Drain all the way
    Drain is important for not allowing the mob to die unclaimed since its damage is unaffected by double (well, multiple) weakness.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It doesn't aggro sight while idle either.

Going the reraise route, I'd say DRK is better than BLM. Souleater and Last Resort whenever possible and MELEE after you cast Bio II and Drain. Weakness only adds Slow to melee attacks, even while double weakened.

It took me around an hour and I had a THF come for TH and more earrings when it was nearly dead. Got lucky, 1/1.

While DRK kills it faster, it's also risky for the final shot, perhaps an Icarus Wing/SE/LR/Sturmwind would kill it. I didn't worry about it because we just bounced hate for the last few %.

Thanks all for the input, going to bring PLD DRK THF WHM RDM BRD. At the last post, why souleater weakened? It adds a fraction of your current hp to damage, can't be much worthwhile <_<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know, if it only adds 1 damage that's an improvement as opposed to not using it. That's not really the point, Drk can melee for additional damage where as Blm's Staff may not be as good as Drk's Scythe or GA. With the similar Dark Magic skill level, why not bring the job that hits hardest?

Sorry for derailing too.