Thread: Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Anime

I've been bored recently and was looking for a decent anime to watch. I watch Bleach and have seen some Naruto. Any preferences on a good anime to get into??

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Berserk
    Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Death Note (lol)
    Black Lagoon
    Gurren Lagann (sp?)
    Higurashi no naku koro ni
    Soul Eater
    few decent ones

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

School Rumble
    Eden of the East
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Black Belt
    BG Level

Don't we have an anime thread already, and I thought this shit is asked every page to begin with.

In any case, with Naruto and Bleach as a starter and stating nothing else, all that really say about your preference is you like shitty anime.

So I'll go ahead and recommend Haibane Renmei.

You listed 2 never ending animes that are shonen fighting type... I guess dragon ball, you could start on Dragon Ball Kai since that just started up and is slightly updated in audio and visuals.

If you have interest in Bishoujo, Mecha, Romance, drama, harem, ecchi, mystery, thriller, etc, then there is a mountain of animes. By the way, there is a sort of multipurpose thread here

Then there is the question of how do you intend to watch? Are you going for licensed? Subbed? Streamed?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Sorry I forgot I've seen almost all of DBZ and DB. I usually stream Bleach with subs. Just kinda posted without to much details sorry :/ was on the phone and tried to type it quick.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Start with Gurrann Lagann. It's epic, it got a nice animation and great soundtrack, and will make you cry manly tears. If you enjoy slow paced shonen anime like Bleach and naruto, you should like this one, since it's pretty much 500 episodes of power creep crammed inside 27 episodes. Only problem with this is that it's going to make every other shonen feel bland after.

Not an anime, but read One Piece on onemanga.com. No reason not to read it if you are following the other big two. You could watch the anime, but 500 episodes is simply too much, and since it got a shit ton of [skipable] fillers, reading the manga will save you 200 hours (and you won't miss anything, since all the good stuff is in the manga anyway).

Every anime listed by qalbert are worthwhile in my opinion (and varied). Death Note, Soul eater and black lagoon were probably my favorite in that list (excluding nostalgia). Death Note is a great thriller, Soul eater has epic fighting sequence and is really funny.

If I had more recommendation to add, I would say
    - Dennou coil
    - Last Exil
    - Code Geass (despite the epic faillure near the end)
    - Gundam 00
    - Macross frontier
    - Eden of the east

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    - Code Geass (despite the epic faillure the entire season 2)
    ftfy

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think we go through the same sequence of replies every time CG is mentionned, but it wasnt completely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I think we go through the same sequence of replies every time CG is mentionned
    lol, so true.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I can't help it, you stopped talking about Xenosaga

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I can't help it, you stopped talking about Xenosaga
    The opportunity doesn't show up enough, that's why. Beside, mentioning Xenosaga in an anime thread bring back too many bad memories. I wanted to love it...but shit...it was bad

lol, so true.
    The internet is like a broken record anyway...I think we fit in.