Closed Thread
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Post Pictures of Your Gear IX: The Starr and Omnipotent love thread

Sanoske

Hmm... makes me think of the George Carlin bit.

"You wait til your father gets home, he's gonna read you the riot act!"
    "Tell him I already ready it! I considered it wordy and poorly thought out. If he wants me to read something, how about the 'Gentleman's Guide to the Golden Age of Blowjobs'?"

Post Pictures of Your Gear IX: Free-floating Hostility

Gunitsoldier

Don't like it tbh , no offense Isla.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Was a commentary on the page and a half of bullshit about thread titles that ended the last one.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Should of just let the other go to 100 like the General topics do now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Should of just let the other go to 100 like the General topics do now.
    And put up with another 50 pages of people trying to "score" a title? No thanks D:

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Guess I'll start this off? Nowhere close to being done with BLM, but this is what i have so far and I'm still trying to learn a lot about it. Any suggestion or tips are great appreciated. Also, this is praying I haven't forgotten something trying to SS all these sets. All stats are without food or Aquillo's Staff.

Idle
    Spoiler: show

http://i38.tinypic.com/20f5gso.jpg
    This is one of the sets I'm not very confident with and gets changed a LOT. Feet are Goliard and the rest should be pretty obvious.

Stoneskin

http://i35.tinypic.com/35ml1q9.jpg
    Everything should be pretty obvious. Enhancing is at 183 and the set changes when it needs to.

Resting

http://i33.tinypic.com/1hs5l2.jpg
    Another set where everything should be pretty obvious. Back is +1hmp, rear is +1 hmp.

Enfeeble

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rysxf4.jpg
    Ignore the staff, I forgot to switch it. I generally use the macc grips with enfeebles. Feet are Goliard and hands are Oracle. Not really certain what to use for rear with the exception of enfeebling earring which is meh for me atm. Going to get Omega ring for enfeebles/dark magic when I have the points again. Is this wrong?

Dark Magic

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zewgvc.jpg
    Pretty uncertain about this set.
    Body is Macc+4/FC. Grip is dark, feet are Goliard. I've always been lead to believe that int effects Macc although how, I'm not entirely sure. That's why I put Errant cuffs there but am pretty unsure if I made the right choice. I would very much appreciate some advice on this. Rear is loq because Dark Earring I never ever see ever; ;.

Nuking

http://i35.tinypic.com/2qthjsn.jpg
    Nuking with no resistances. Neck is philomath when I'm not in Uggy latent. Not sure what else to do here really, this is the one part i feel like I have down mostly.

http://i33.tinypic.com/6ychzl.jpg
    Spellcast automatically puts these in.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ivi2h1.jpg
    I don't feel like this set is very strong. Earring is Elemental and I nuke with appropriate grips (whereas the no resistance set is buggard+1). Any advice on things I could add that don't have to do with anything that takes time/luck (dynamis/limbus/salvage/etc) would be appreciated.

Random shit:

merits are
    8/8 Elemental Magic Skill
    4/8 Enfeebling Magic Skill
    5/5 Ice Potency
    5/5 Lightning Potency
    2/5 Freeze II
    2/5 Burst II
    1/5 Tornado II (probably going to take this off)
    2/8 MP (going to max this one out)

I've probably left some shit out. I'm tired and I've had a lot of interruptions trying to post this so yeah. If I did leave something out, someone will surely point it out and I will be able to fix it. Lube up before you push my shit in =\.

Sanoske

Going to leave out obviously upgrades which I'm sure you know about and are either working towards, or satisfied with what you have.

Idle: Let's not forget about Sorcerer's Earring.

More Haste in your Dark setup. I'm assuming you have no other Nashira pieces, and no AF2 Hands yet. Turban and Swift Belt if you have them, swap in Nashira feet for Goliard. Keep Loquacious. Not sure about Goliard Body v. your cote.

Maybe tweak your Elemental setup.

I think when I was fully geared (before the liquidation) I was running this..

HQStaff / Bugard +1 / / P. Talthum
    AF2 Head / Ele Torque / Novio / Moldy
    Mahatma Body / AF1 Hands / Snow / Omni
    Ixion Cape / Penitent / Mahatma / Yigit

Put me at 324/123 with Cream Puff.

You said you don't have time to do Dynamis, so that rules out Sorc Petasos. I liekd to use Mahatma Body to give a bit more INT while staying around ~320 Ele Skill... I found it to be more consistent. (Eyeballing, yes I know...)

I'm probably wrong on this, but possible consider Errant Body. With Melon +1 or Cream Puffs that would put you at 320 still, and over 120 INT.

Also, of course shit is situational.

Also, my ideas of BLM gearing are very 2006.... so forgive me if anything seems retarded.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    Going to leave out obviously upgrades which I'm sure you know about and are either working towards, or satisfied with what you have.

Idle: Let's not forget about Sorcerer's Earring.

More Haste in your Dark setup. I'm assuming you have no other Nashira pieces, and no AF2 Hands yet. Turban and Swift Belt if you have them, swap in Nashira feet for Goliard. Keep Loquacious. Not sure about Goliard Body v. your cote.

Maybe tweak your Elemental setup.

I think when I was fully geared (before the liquidation) I was running this..

HQStaff / Bugard +1 / / P. Talthum
    AF2 Head / Ele Torque / Novio / Moldy
    Mahatma Body / AF1 Hands / Snow / Omni
    Ixion Cape / Penitent / Mahatma / Yigit

Put me at 324/123 with Cream Puff.

You said you don't have time to do Dynamis, so that rules out Sorc Petasos. I liekd to use Mahatma Body to give a bit more INT while staying around ~320 Ele Skill... I found it to be more consistent. (Eyeballing, yes I know...)

I'm probably wrong on this, but possible consider Errant Body. With Melon +1 or Cream Puffs that would put you at 320 still, and over 120 INT.

Also, of course shit is situational.

Also, my ideas of BLM gearing are very 2006.... so forgive me if anything seems retarded.
    Everything about you is retarded =(

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I didn't play during 2006 so I'd assume why, despite asking for advice, this doesn't seem right to me. Oh and bout the dynamis thing. I have time for that, for limbus, for einherjar, for just about everything else. My point was that it takes time to get that stuff and I don't have the money to support being impatient.

Sanoske

Quote Originally Posted by Annanaki View Post
    I didn't play during 2006 so I'd assume why, despite asking for advice, this doesn't seem right to me. Oh and bout the dynamis thing. I have time for that, for limbus, for einherjar, for just about everything else. My point was that it takes time to get that stuff and I don't have the money to support being impatient.
    I meant more the nuking suggestions may be a bit antiquated.

However, your Dark Magic setup absolutely needs Haste gear. Omega and Balrahn's Ring would go a long way in that set as well so you can switch in as much Haste as possible. You need to find a balance, but Turban at the very least...

Oh and Vang, you're retarded. Now go tell your woman to make me some pudding.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's something I've been playing with. At first i had too much haste and got very little return. This is like where I'm tryin to find the median at so, yeah. On the same page there. Taou mage ring and Omega ring inc though, on mission 42 atm and <7k amps till omega.

320 SKILL 120 INT = bullshit spread out for years in forums. It's only good if the NM has 110 INT, which to my knowledge is limited to ... Bahamut (115 INT) and in this case you "need" 125 INT to max out Magic acc from INT. Jormurgand has 120 INT supposedely so you need 130 INT for him... Anything that's not those mobs has between 60 and 90 INT, so exceeding 100 INT means 20 INT could be replaced by something better. Conclusion ? Get 100+ int and max out you magic accuracy in other slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Annanaki View Post
    Guess I'll start this off? Nowhere close to being done with BLM, but this is what i have so far and I'm still trying to learn a lot about it. Any suggestion or tips are great appreciated. Also, this is praying I haven't forgotten something trying to SS all these sets. All stats are without food or Aquillo's Staff.

Idle

http://i38.tinypic.com/20f5gso.jpg
    This is one of the sets I'm not very confident with and gets changed a LOT. Feet are Goliard and the rest should be pretty obvious.

Stoneskin

http://i35.tinypic.com/35ml1q9.jpg
    Everything should be pretty obvious. Enhancing is at 183 and the set changes when it needs to.

Resting

http://i33.tinypic.com/1hs5l2.jpg
    Another set where everything should be pretty obvious. Back is +1hmp, rear is +1 hmp.

Enfeeble

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rysxf4.jpg
    Ignore the staff, I forgot to switch it. I generally use the macc grips with enfeebles. Feet are Goliard and hands are Oracle. Not really certain what to use for rear with the exception of enfeebling earring which is meh for me atm. Going to get Omega ring for enfeebles/dark magic when I have the points again. Is this wrong?

Dark Magic

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zewgvc.jpg
    Pretty uncertain about this set.
    Body is Macc+4/FC. Grip is dark, feet are Goliard. I've always been lead to believe that int effects Macc although how, I'm not entirely sure. That's why I put Errant cuffs there but am pretty unsure if I made the right choice. I would very much appreciate some advice on this. Rear is loq because Dark Earring I never ever see ever; ;.

Nuking

http://i35.tinypic.com/2qthjsn.jpg
    Nuking with no resistances. Neck is philomath when I'm not in Uggy latent. Not sure what else to do here really, this is the one part i feel like I have down mostly.

http://i33.tinypic.com/6ychzl.jpg
    Spellcast automatically puts these in.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ivi2h1.jpg
    I don't feel like this set is very strong. Earring is Elemental and I nuke with appropriate grips (whereas the no resistance set is buggard+1). Any advice on things I could add that don't have to do with anything that takes time/luck (dynamis/limbus/salvage/etc) would be appreciated.

Random shit:

merits are
    8/8 Elemental Magic Skill
    4/8 Enfeebling Magic Skill
    5/5 Ice Potency
    5/5 Lightning Potency
    2/5 Freeze II
    2/5 Burst II
    1/5 Tornado II (probably going to take this off)
    2/8 MP (going to max this one out)

I've probably left some shit out. I'm tired and I've had a lot of interruptions trying to post this so yeah. If I did leave something out, someone will surely point it out and I will be able to fix it. Lube up before you push my shit in =\.
    No spell interuption set? u can't cast sleep with 10 mobs hitting u

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    No spell interuption set? u can't cast sleep with 10 mobs hitting u
    I would say well played, but it was too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    320 SKILL 120 INT = bullshit spread out for years in forums. It's only good if the NM has 110 INT, which to my knowledge is limited to ... Bahamut (115 INT) and in this case you "need" 125 INT to max out Magic acc from INT. Jormurgand has 120 INT supposedely so you need 130 INT for him... Anything that's not those mobs has between 60 and 90 INT, so exceeding 100 INT means 20 INT could be replaced by something better. Conclusion ? Get 100+ int and max out you magic accuracy in other slots.
    Kirin, Tiamat, Vrtra?

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

I meant more the nuking suggestions may be a bit antiquated.

However, your Dark Magic setup absolutely needs Haste gear. Omega and Balrahn's Ring would go a long way in that set as well so you can switch in as much Haste as possible. You need to find a balance, but Turban at the very least...

Oh and Vang, you're retarded. Now go tell your woman to make me some pudding.
    You definitely do not need haste for aspir/drain. The chances of someone consistently casting aspir/drain every single time they are back up is ridiculously low (casting other things at the time etc.). The best possible thing for drain/aspir is just maxed out acc/potency (fyi w/e little haste you add will hardly affect the recast at all.. maybe a few seconds). However, obviously it would be useful for Stun.

DAKPluto

Updated title

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Speaking of the title, what happened to Starr and how long?

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Speaking of the title, what happened to Starr and how long?
    ^ this... I fall asleep for 2 hours and I miss something. Q.Q

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast