Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I reformatted my computer and reinstalled FFXI. On the login screen, ACP and MKD is greyed out which means that it's not installed (?). Do I have to do anything special to reactivate them? Thanks in advance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    As a Taru MNK I deal a lot less dmg than a galka with the same gear (1 difference). I only have 2/8 merits in H2H, and i dont have a faith torque (galka does i use pcc). I heard that H2H skill increases ACC and DMG, is this true? If so, does anyone have an idea how much extra dmg the 12 skill from the H2H merits + the 7 skill from the torque would add? I can't find this data using non-bg wiki/google.
    The damage of a hand-to-hand weapon is added to a character's natural hand-to-hand damage. A character's natural hand-to-hand damage is calculated by multiplying hand-to-hand skill by 0.11 and then adding 3. When calculating the Weapon Rank, however, the number used as the weapon base damage is the number displayed on the weapon plus 3, with no contribution from hand-to-hand skill.

Taken off wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    As a Taru MNK I deal a lot less dmg than a galka with the same gear (1 difference). I only have 2/8 merits in H2H, and i dont have a faith torque (galka does i use pcc). I heard that H2H skill increases ACC and DMG, is this true? If so, does anyone have an idea how much extra dmg the 12 skill from the H2H merits + the 7 skill from the torque would add? I can't find this data using non-bg wiki/google.
    I realize your question was already answered, but I thought I'd also add that you're imagining things. I don't mean to suggest that strength doesn't matter to monk, but the difference between the two races isn't going to amount to all that much in the grand scheme of things.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do Mnk ws have an offhand hit ?
    I know that when Nin uses a 3 hit Ws, we get an additional hit from off-hand. It seems that Mnk gets the tp return of main hand + off hand (makes around 10 Tp on wses like DKick), but is it an additional offhand hit ?

For example Asuran says 8 hits, is it ?
    - Main hand hit + off hand hit + 6 hits ?
    - Main hand hit + off hand hit + 7 hits ?

Also, do store-tp do anything for Mnk ?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

For MNK the correct amount of hits is usually listed (e.g. Asuran's 8 ) but the minimum of hits for a MNK WS is indeed 2 (offhand hit mechanism).

Store TP cuts the amount of hits needed to get 100 TP like always. But since MNK needs 20ish hits, reducing it by 1 doesn't contribute much extra damage.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

kk thanks

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is there anything special about a Spelunker's Hat?

I mean, Caver's Shovel at least gave some extra earth resist on Earthsday and Eyepatch has the whole "HOLY SHIT IT'S AN EYEPATCH" thing going for it but geez.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Taisaijin - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

The NM it drops from might help you understand why it's such a "joke drop". I note you mention it in comparison to two MMM rewards, so it's worth noting that Spelunker's Hat was released years before MMM was announced.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oops, meant Spelunker's Helm, sorry.

But I guess it kinda makes sense now. The Helm has a negative stat so maybe they were going with the theme of... negative stats.

nub Q:
    what is /echo for?
    (i don't have windower/spellcast fyi)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

/echo is just a message that comes up that only you can see.

For example, "/echo :: WS Set ::" would translate to ":: WS Set ::" in yellow, and no one else can see. Obviously used without quotations.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What is the best HP+ food?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Turtle soup i think.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I reformatted my computer and reinstalled FFXI. On the login screen, ACP and MKD is greyed out which means that it's not installed (?). Do I have to do anything special to reactivate them? Thanks in advance.
    Welcome back Xerlic!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Group 2 merits for drk. I cant decide whether to not cap either diabolic eye or desperate blows to make room for dark seal on zergs. I zerg with mercurial kris so desperate blows shouldn't be adding any -delay.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dark Seal isn't all that good honestly... most situations you'd use it in, you'd do more damage if you simply get stuck in faster.

That said...

Do you only care about DRK for onehanded zerging? 1DS/5MS (Muted Soul).

Do you care about DRK as a DD? 5DE/5DB or 5DE/4DB/1DS.

Does anyone know the subcraft caps for plastron, goldsmithing especially.

I have been asked to craft one of these for someone and I am 94+ 6 smithing and 50 goldsmithing, the other subcrafts I have at 60.

My first attempt I broke an orichalcum ingot, I am just wondering whether my goldsmithing is to low or whether I was just unlucky.

On the Drk thing I went 1DS 5DB and will finish with 4DE, I feel this is the best allround setup for a drk that I use for everything.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If dark seal really is crap then i guess ill just go the DD route. I wanted to make sure i have a decent zerg setup since the amount of drks that refuse to get one(including a member of my former dynamis ls who refused to get a mercurial kris when upgrading apoc because it was too expensive) pisses me off.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would argue 5DE is more important than 5DB; it's an effective +accuracy which works all of the time on you, not just in that 30 second window which won't always fully benefit you anyway.

If you don't need the accuracy, you can trade off for gear like Blitz Ring/Forager's Mantle/Walahra Turban/Bomb Core etc, and WS in full STR and such. It's really a very powerful JA.

And yeah, Dark Seal has never really impressed me. Since a zerg typically lasts 30 seconds, losing even 4 seconds~ of this is roughly a 14% decrease in damage already... will take awhile for the HP gain to catch up to that, and it could easily be a greater than 4 seconds loss.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does Tredecim Scythe Ignore your base crit from merits and and dex? What I'm basically asking is, can I crit in between the scythes crit counter?

Will have perdu sickle real soon, but just generally curious about the other 12 hits while wielding Tred.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast