Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

If Skadi bumps you up to 5TP/hit, Skadi. If not, Homam.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

How much of an increase is that rly though? In a merit situation at least? I know thf is more of a DoT job kinda like mnk w/ 65-70%ish being DoT, so that x-hit increase only applies to the 30-35% portion of their damage.

I'm anything but a thief expert, but I have a difficult time believing that you're going to come out with a 65/35 split on colibri unless you're doing something terribly wrong. Eviscerations from well-equipped thieves are pretty insane unstacked, much less with SA.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Outside of Colibri? inb4 tag and afk

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    I'm anything but a thief expert, but I have a difficult time believing that you're going to come out with a 65/35 split on colibri unless you're doing something terribly wrong. Eviscerations from well-equipped thieves are pretty insane unstacked, much less with SA.
    You'd have to ask Raen about it

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I dont have alot of example of parse data for thf on account of it being near impossible to get a merit for thf but a mamool ja one has me at a 60/40 split.

Edit: Nvm

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I dont have alot of example of parse data for thf on account of it being near impossible to get a merit for thf but a mamool ja one has me at a 60/40 split.
    It's usually around 60melee 40ws for me too, found some 2007 parses with it. 65-35 in last parse with blau/SK, 60-40 in first mandau parse. Lost my parses after that due to a HD dying, haven't reinstalled parser since coming back to game.

For lowdelay daggers Skadi for sure, not sure on this particular combo, but I think it'd still win out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Chastiti View Post
    Thanks Siniroth.

Second question, to settle a debate, should a SAM wear a swift belt?
    If they don't have a Sash or VBelt, absolutely. (Not for WS obviously)

Why is anyone even questioning that?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sarial View Post
    SMN cat1 merits?

Go.
    I've always believed any accuracy i need i can get from SMN Skill Merits, and SMN skill gear, so i went ahead and did 5Atk/5Matk. Its nice to be ready for any situation you're given, and the accuracy you need can be gotten from Summoning Skill+ Gear and SMN Skill Merits, it's possible with all the right armor and merits to get +68~+70 Skill. However most SMN's will only have access to about +38, fully merited.

If you're a SMN who can achieve the +68~70 Skill from Gear/Merits theres no reason you should ever look at Accuracy as a possible merit, it'd be like adding a cup of water into the ocean.

One last thing to consider though, You don't need perfect gear to make 75BP's effective. a Fully merited 75BP (Thus having a 160TP Bonus off the bat), Will in some endgame situations outperform a Physical 70 BP, but definitely not all of them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Is there a minimum level to do FoV's? Wanna know if a friend can leach xp on his subjob while i farm tabs.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Lone View Post
    Is there a minimum level to do FoV's? Wanna know if a friend can leach xp on his subjob while i farm tabs.
    I don't think so. A friend and I did that in Terrigan with our BLM alts. They were 30~ ish. As long as whatever the page target is is Easy prey+ you should be fine.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post
    Is skadi legs better for a thf to tp in then Homam legs considering this build:

no dagger merits. feint 5/5

X's/Blau/Fire bomblet
    Turban/peacock/suppa/brutal
    rappere-or-homam/dusk+1/sniper+1x2
    cuchulain/velocious/????/homam

speaking strictly at birds and i eat mithkabobs, i'm thinking that the extra accuracy would be useful more then 1% haste but then i feel silly using my dusk+1 over homam hands i guess. Help me out, BG, with some math?
    If you're concerned about keeping 5tp/hit, you might consider Cobra harness.

Using Cobra harness, you can keep Homam cosciales and still get 5 tp/hit. You're looking at a trade off of 5accuracy,5attack, and 1 triple attack for 1 haste using Cobra harness and Homam cosciales over Homam body/skadi legs.

Also, considering you say you're using meat, and have no dagger merits, your accuracy is extremely low. Using Homam body, and Skadi legs you'd be looking at about ~74% accuracy(against level 82 Birds), and 72% using Cobra harness/Homam legs. I'm not a huge math person, but taking a stab I'd say you're not in a position to use Rapparee harness effectively. You may want to consider using crab sushi. With crab sushi, Cobra harness, and Homam cosciales you could also drop 1 sniper+1 in favor of Rajas(assuming you have one), and still maintain capped accuracy, 5tp/hit, and the highest amount of haste possible while getting 5tp/hit. That seems better overall in your situation if you have the means and/or the patience to get a Cobra harness.

Sorry for kind of going off on a tangent, but either way I'd switch to sushi whichever set you decide to use.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If i can't hit a total dex of 117~119 for greater colibri on dragoon for drakesbane , should i still stick with a dex setup?
    Currently, i can only hit a total of 113 as a taru. My question is if the gain in critical rate % linear via stacking dex , like for example a 113dex build vs a 117 build on Greater colibri is only a small difference in critical rate %? Or is it a all or nothing thing?

This is my drakesbane's build:

Thalassocrat/polegrip/ - / black tathlum
    heca/ gorget/ brutal/ pixie
    Zahak/ heca / triumph/ rajas
    Cuch/ warwolf/ ares/ heca

Or anyone has a better build for me?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post
    Is skadi legs better for a thf to tp in then Homam legs considering this build:

no dagger merits. feint 5/5

X's/Blau/Fire bomblet
    Turban/peacock/suppa/brutal
    rappere-or-homam/dusk+1/sniper+1x2
    cuchulain/velocious/????/homam

speaking strictly at birds and i eat mithkabobs, i'm thinking that the extra accuracy would be useful more then 1% haste but then i feel silly using my dusk+1 over homam hands i guess. Help me out, BG, with some math?
    with this dagger combo skadi puts you at 5.0 exactly, rajas isn't enough ( 4.9). So they are very good in term of number of hits to reach 100TP. I changed my mind on those recently though, Because depending on the TP return you get from your WS, homam can be better. I think it's something like 12+ TP return use homam, 12- use skadi. You'll know when you pratice. If you dont need the store tp homam are better.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Windfoxster View Post
    If i can't hit a total dex of 117~119 for greater colibri on dragoon for drakesbane , should i still stick with a dex setup?
    Currently, i can only hit a total of 113 as a taru. My question is if the gain in critical rate % linear via stacking dex , like for example a 113dex build vs a 117 build on Greater colibri is only a small difference in critical rate %? Or is it a all or nothing thing?

This is my drakesbane's build:

Thalassocrat/polegrip/ - / black tathlum
    heca/ gorget/ brutal/ pixie
    Zahak/ heca / triumph/ rajas
    Cuch/ warwolf/ ares/ heca

Or anyone has a better build for me?
    I'll try to fix my excel in a moment, but I know that Aurum > Zahaks unless it lets you reach that tier (And even then I'm unsure if Zahaks will beat it).

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    with this dagger combo skadi puts you at 5.0 exactly, rajas isn't enough ( 4.9). So they are very good in term of number of hits to reach 100TP. I changed my mind on those recently though, Because depending on the TP return you get from your WS, homam can be better. I think it's something like 12+ TP return use homam, 12- use skadi. You'll know when you pratice. If you dont need the store tp homam are better.
    Very good point. I suppose its better to have both pieces on hand, and adjusting what you wear depending on TP return.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

So I've been secretly considering relic gun, and I recently read these threads:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/63762...ic-weapon.html
    Opinions on Gun and Bow relic weapons - Killing Ifrit - a Final Fantasy community - Page 2

and a few others searching for Annihilator and Coronach. The only question I really have after doing all the research is has any of the newer campaign gear made an X hit combo much more easily attainable or feasible with /war compared to the previous /sam only because too many slots were sacraficed? I'm not too familiar with store tp maths or the newer gear since I somewhat ignored campaign until now but I appreciate any input!

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Trying to gear my BLM at the moment, and am looking at the neck slot at the moment. For an LS that doesn't do sea, (Therefore no Prudence Torque) is Philomath Stole the best thing for it, other than Caract Choker above 50% MP? And is Caract worth taking the time farming?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    The only question I really have after doing all the research is has any of the newer campaign gear made an X hit combo much more easily attainable or feasible with /war compared to the previous /sam only because too many slots were sacraficed? I'
    Needs 21 stp to have 5hit while /war with annihilator(what you want to be when using relic bow/gun)

Best, without using augmented items is rajas/skadi/rose/mekki and you'll have to, unfortunately, ws in skadi to maintain 5hit. But could also TP in brutal and then ws in hachiryu haidate/sune-ate.

Or use ACP body with 4stp and snapshot.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast