BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Trying to gear my BLM at the moment, and am looking at the neck slot at the moment. For an LS that doesn't do sea, (Therefore no Prudence Torque) is Philomath Stole the best thing for it, other than Caract Choker above 50% MP? And is Caract worth taking the time farming?
    Caract Choker its good for nuking, but i think you should aim at Elemental Torque, is one of the best pieces for neck.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Needs 21 stp to have 5hit while /war with annihilator(what you want to be when using relic bow/gun)

Best, without using augmented items is rajas/skadi/rose/mekki and you'll have to, unfortunately, ws in skadi to maintain 5hit. But could also TP in brutal and then ws in hachiryu haidate/sune-ate.

Or use ACP body with 4stp and snapshot.
    Thanks, that doesn't seem too unreasonable at all.

@Maurauc - ya just stick with elemental torque, it's great all around.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by kmexe View Post
    Caract Choker its good for nuking, but i think you should aim at Elemental Torque, is one of the best pieces for neck.
    Oh, of course, I have that. I'm talking about pieces when the skill isn't needed as much. There just seems to be a lack of pieces compared to other slots.

Good thought though, should have said I already had that!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Why is it a holy must to do 5.0 TP per hit on THF? It's a 5% increase in WS frequency, and I don't know THF's WS/TP but assuming 50% it's only 2.5% extra damage. Now, Homam body vs. Cobra Unit Harness, as was proposed, is a difference of 4 ACC, or 2% hitrate. Coupled with the 1% TA (little less than 2% total damage extra), it's no contest. If you don't need the ACC? Rapparee.

Oh, and 4.9 TP per hit still gets you TP the same rate if you land 3/6 Dancing Edge hits, if that's what you're using.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Oh, of course, I have that. I'm talking about pieces when the skill isn't needed as much. There just seems to be a lack of pieces compared to other slots.

Good thought though, should have said I already had that!
    Spellcast baffles me, but I have one command in there...

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <spellcast>
    <config AutoLoadXML="true" />
    <variables />
    <sets />
    <rules>

<if Skill="ElementalMagic">
    <if NotSpell="Burn|Frost|Choke|Drown|Shock|Rasp">
    <action type="equip" when="midcast" set="Damage" />
    <if MPPAftercastLT="51">
    <action type="equip" when="midcast">
    <neck>Uggalepih pendant</neck>
    </action>
    </if>
    <else>
    <action type="equip" when"midcast">
    <neck>Elemental Torque</neck>
    </action>
    </else>
    </if>
    </if>
    </rules>

</spellcast>
    It puts ele pendant in above 50%, and uggy in below 50%. If I'm fighting something where I need max skill/int I have a different macro I hit for prudence torque, but screw getting anymore situational than that.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trying to gear my BLM at the moment, and am looking at the neck slot at the moment. For an LS that doesn't do sea, (Therefore no Prudence Torque) is Philomath Stole the best thing for it, other than Caract Choker above 50% MP? And is Caract worth taking the time farming?
    You can definitely go for the choker but I don't have any luck obtaining good stuff from caskets and then there's the "opening" part... I'd try your luck on augmenting a Philo Stole w/ MAB. They're really cheap and at a great piece.

Pre-pendant I use the enlightened chain (doubles as SS item).

Goodluck~

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    Oh, and 4.9 TP per hit still gets you TP the same rate if you land 3/6 Dancing Edge hits, if that's what you're using.
    Thats the idea but its no so simple. Im too lazy to do the maths, but I guess I should do it just to be sure but... its easy to understand that if you get 10 TP return from dancing edge, must TP in skadi. if you get 11 or 12 probably too ( need to maths..). it depends on how much store tp you use during ws.. its complicated.

Now there will be a point where if you land a certain number of hits there will not be any difference in # of hits to reach 100, and homam is better. But look, once you are at 15 TP return, well you need to switch back to skadi again! etc. I think I can get anywhere from 0 to 17 TP from DE.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Question:

Where would a Cerberus Bow+1 stack up against the typical bows that RNG would use?

Anyone know where I can find Windows 7 POL?

oh halp

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ntitled-21.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there some kind of (OMGSHAXXOROHNOES) 3rd party program that lets me scan the IDs of the items in my inv or item Im looking at?

I'm specifically trying to be able to tell what ??? item Im about to buy or have so I know if I'm getting the right one.

Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    Thats the idea but its no so simple. Im too lazy to do the maths, but I guess I should do it just to be sure but... its easy to understand that if you get 10 TP return from dancing edge, must TP in skadi. if you get 11 or 12 probably too ( need to maths..).
    Initial value rounded up to one decimal place, then floored

10 TP return: 90 / 5.0 = 18.0 = 18 hits
    10 TP return: 90 / 4.9 = 18.3 = 19 hits

11 TP return: 89 / 5.0 = 17.8 = 18 hits
    11 TP return: 89 / 4.9 = 18.2 = 19 hits

12 TP return: 88 / 5.0 = 17.6 = 18 hits
    12 TP return: 88 / 4.9 = 18.0 = 18 hits

I might be missing something, I skimmed through and noticed 4.9 vs 5.0 TP and that quote up there *shrug*

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The_OG_Nelta you can try to use The vista pol if you aren't already. I haven't used pol on my win7 comp but it's vista with xp speed is what it feels to me. Could try at least anyways.

Demosthenes11

hmmm, something i've been thinking about lately

could an excal rdm be viable on hnm? assuming 8/8 sword merits, I assume best gear would be:
    excal/sentinal's/blank/tiphia
    walhara/ancient/brutal/??
    saio/dusk+1/torreadorsx2
    cuchulains/velocious/nashira/dusk+1
    + sushi

a rdm has considerably less casting to do than a pld that is fulltanking, so would a rdm come anywhere close to pld damage with excal? refresh/haste/few random spells is really all a rdm has to do if there is more than 1, and those hardly detract from any melee. elf rdm with hp merits would boast around 1300 hp with those gears - not 1800 but not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post

could an excal rdm be viable on hnm? assuming 8/8 sword merits, I assume best gear would be:
    saio/dusk+1/torreadorsx2
    + sushi

a rdm has considerably less casting to do than a pld that is fulltanking, so would a rdm come anywhere close to pld damage with excal? refresh/haste/few random spells is really all a rdm has to do if there is more than 1, and those hardly detract from any melee. elf rdm with hp merits would boast around 1300 hp with those gears - not 1800 but not that bad.
    probably viable, wouldn't think tiphia is worth using though(25/1300 is -1.9% additional effect damage, depending on what your melee:add damage ratio is you might even be losing damage from it)

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post

saio/dusk+1/torreadorsx2
    + sushi

I would probably lose Tipha -25 HP and do goblin Cracker* instead. or fenrir stone when its daytime, Might swap out cuch for Gigas and sport a suppa.

Damn you thorny.

Demosthenes11

oh right lol
    hp +- is one of those stats i always ignore being a mage onry ;x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't forget augmented clown subligar! Can get up to 3% haste (I think) as well as accuracy and possibly dex. Blows nashira out of the water for melee. (Although at night it takes away 20HP :x)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post
    Is skadi legs better for a thf to tp in then Homam legs considering this build:

no dagger merits. feint 5/5

X's/Blau/Fire bomblet
    Turban/peacock/suppa/brutal
    rappere-or-homam/dusk+1/sniper+1x2
    cuchulain/velocious/????/homam

speaking strictly at birds and i eat mithkabobs, i'm thinking that the extra accuracy would be useful more then 1% haste but then i feel silly using my dusk+1 over homam hands i guess. Help me out, BG, with some math?

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    Initial value rounded up to one decimal place, then floored

10 TP return: 90 / 5.0 = 18.0 = 18 hits
    10 TP return: 90 / 4.9 = 18.3 = 19 hits

11 TP return: 89 / 5.0 = 17.8 = 18 hits
    11 TP return: 89 / 4.9 = 18.2 = 19 hits

12 TP return: 88 / 5.0 = 17.6 = 18 hits
    12 TP return: 88 / 4.9 = 18.0 = 18 hits

I might be missing something, I skimmed through and noticed 4.9 vs 5.0 TP and that quote up there *shrug*
    yeah but in practice, it's never 10.0 or 12.0 return, it's 10.X and 12.X, so its more complicated.

short version: skadi legs always saves you one hit to reach 100 TP, but not neccessarily one attack round... If you use Blau/sirocco and ACP body with dual wield -3%, skadi legs always saves you TWO hits.

long version:

I considered all the different possible tp returns for your WS, withmy WS gear ... there are many possibilities, but in the end it turns out that skadi always saves you one or two hits.

If you WS in 11 storeTP, like I do ( brutal, rajas, enkidu leg), you get 5.2 from the main and sub hit and 1.1 for any of the 6 possible extra hits, then the different tp returns are:

- X/blau= 0, 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.4, 4.4, 5.2, 5.5, 6.3, 6.6, 7.4, 8.5, 9.6, 10.4, 10.7, 11.5, 11.8, 12.6, 13.7, 14.8, 15.9, 17.

Now after you get those TP returns, you can compute the X-build you have to reach 100 TP and see if skadi legs saves a hit copared to homam. For this dagger combo it doesn't depend on wether you TP in ACP body or not. You can also use rajas or not, so the store TP possiblilities during TP phase are STP=1 ( brutal+ torreador+homam leg), STP=6 ( brutal+rajas+homam), STP=8 (brutal+torr+skadi), STP=13 ( brutal+rajas+skadi).

Well wether you use rajas or not, whatever your tp return actually is, it turns out that skadi always saves you one hit to reach 100 TP, and sometimes two hits. For this dagger combo (X/blau). Keep in mind that saving a hit to reach 100 doesn't always mean saving an attack round to reach 100... it depends on your accuracy, DA and TA. One round can have 0,1,2,3 or 4 hits lol. So it starts being complicated, I need to think more about it.

I did the maths for Blau/sirocco and skadi actually always saves you 2 hits, not just one, if you TP in ACP body. So it kinda saves you one round, and skadi legs is definately always better in this case.

http://i34.tinypic.com/28kue0y.png

I know it's not the entire solution, but that's simple for now cause I'm tired and lazy... bug me tomorrow in a PM and I'll see about making a more complicated one

(More complicated being not necessarily chances of possible permutations, but all possible permutations that you listed in that post as well as any other directly relative ones)

Edit: I just imagined attempting to write a set of macros or something that chose legs based on those above tp value returns and cried a little inside

Edit2: I hate you for giving me something simple to calculate then expanding on it, I know it wasn't the intention, but damnit now I'm going to have to go through with it cause I'm curious and I love poking at excel

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    http://i34.tinypic.com/28kue0y.png

I know it's not the entire solution, but that's simple for now cause I'm tired and lazy... bug me tomorrow in a PM and I'll see about making a more complicated one

(More complicated being not necessarily chances of possible permutations, but all possible permutations that you listed in that post as well as any other directly relative ones)

Edit: I just imagined attempting to write a set of macros or something that chose legs based on those above tp value returns and cried a little inside

Edit2: I hate you for giving me something simple to calculate then expanding on it, I know it wasn't the intention, but damnit now I'm going to have to go through with it cause I'm curious and I love poking at excel
    right so it means 4.9 tp or 5.0 is almost the same. So homam + rajas is better than skadi + torreador. But skadi+ rajas is "better" than homam + rajas (4.9 tp vs 5.3TP), so is skadi+torr vs homam + torr. ive got a headache.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast