The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 6: It's a gimme.

Another week of some fairly unspectacular games. We get a few good ones, such as the Giants going to the Superdome, Ravens visiting Minnesota, and Monday night may prove to be a critical game for the Chargers.

Houston at Cincinnati (-5) - Cinci is favored against a Houston team that has an ability to put up a lot of points, but at the same time, give up a bunch. I hate using cliches, but it almost feels like a trap game for cinci coming off such an emotional week of highs and lows. I like Caron to have a big game here but I like Houston to keep it close. Cinci wins, Houston +5.

Detroit at Green Bay (-13.5) - Detroit has 14 sacks on the season, but we can expect that number to get up to about 18 after this week. Detroit can actually get to the QB with their front line, but Rogers has shown an ability to still throw up massive numbers despite the line handicap. 13.5 is a big number for a detroit team that has shown it's capable of scoring some points. I like the packs to win, Detroit +13.5

Baltimore at Minnesota (-3) - It seems that Baltimore has decided to open up the playbook a bit for Flacco and he's played well. Jared Allen is a god damned beast though. That front line of Minnesota is tremendous. I like Minnesota to almost shut down the Baltimore offense and win, and win big. Minnesota to cover.

NY Giants at New Orleans (-3) - And to continue the streak of hometown favorites, we arrive in the superdome. Drew Brees has hit a bit of a skid after putting up MVP numbers the first couple of games. When Philly blitzed him, he completed 100% of his passes. Not so much with the Jets. He faces another good defense in New York. I like Brees to get things rolling again for New Orleans, New Orleans wins and covers.

Cleveland at Pittsburgh (-14) - In breaking news, the Cleveland Browns are in talks with the Miami Dolphins in an attempt to bring Ronnie Brown to Cleveland to QB the Browns. Seriously, how much could it hurt? Works for Miami! Pitt has to finally break out against a weak weak browns team at home. 14 is a huge number for a Pitt team that hasn't been able to close, but I feel they can handle the handicap. Pitt to cover.

Carolina at Tampa Bay (+3.5) - Hurray, Carolina is finally going to get rolling with TWO strait wins. Delhomme will throw for 300 yards, Fox will get a 6 year extension, and all shall be right in the world. Carolina topple Tampa and covers.

Kansas City at Washington (-6.5) - Well, shouldn't this be just a vomit inducing shitfest of a game. Seems like a lot of Washington games recently have been this way. Washington finally has a big game and beats the breaks off of the Chiefs. Washington to cover.

St. Louis at Jacksonville (-9.5) - Jacksonville has been one of the most bi-polar teams this season. One week they're putting up 30 on Houston, and the next they're getting shut out by Seattle. I really don't know what I'm getting with this team. I do know what I'm getting with St. Louis however, and it ain't pretty. Jacksonville to win, St. Louis +9.5.

Arizona at Seattle (-3) - This could actually be a damn good game to watch if both teams start throwing the ball all over the place. Matt Hasselbeck looked sharp as a tack in his return last week. I like that to continue into this week as Seattle pulls another victory, and a repeat of last year slips further and further away from Arizona.

Philadelphia at Oakland (+14) - Did anyone hear what Peirce of the Giants said about Oakland last week. "It felt like a scrimmage, I think they just gave up". That's god damned harsh for any NFL team. Oakland isn't going to win this game, and I don't even think they'll get there with 14 points tacked on. Key player icould be Maclin for a 2nd strait game. Nnamdi will likely be al over DeSean's jock, so I wouldn't expect much from him. Philly wins and covers. Tom Cable has too much shit on his plate.

Tennessee at New England (-9.5) - Belichick called out him some Tom Brady, saying "The offense has to improve". And he's right. Last week Brady missed a couple of crucial throws. He had a wide open Randy Moss for a TD that fantasy owners have been begging for, and missed Welker on a quick slant that would have likely went the distance as there was noone outside of the secondary, Tennessee has allowed a metric fuckton of passing yards, and Brady needs to step it up. New England wins huge, Brady goes off, Pats cover.

Buffalo at NY Jets (-9.5) - Fatass Ryan is going to have his team ready to ingest a weak Buffalo team to get morale up. Edwards is going to prove to be a key asset in that offense, and despite what Miami was able to do, this is still a very very good defense. Jets are going to win this game, but I think Buffalo keeps it close after and embarrassing week 5.

Chicago
    at Atlanta (-3) - Chicago seems to be getting better and better by the week. Atlanta hasn't looked too damn shabby thus far either. This game means a lot to both teams, as both are very good teams that aren't leading their division. Every win is important here, and they need them to keep up with Minnesota and New Orleans. No real game analysis here, because I honestly don't know how the game is going to go. The bears have looked fantastic. My head tells me Atlanta, my gut tells me Chicago. I'll take Chicago for the upset.
    Denver at San Diego (-4) - It's hard in week 5 to say a game is an almost "must-win", especially after the debacle between the two teams late last season. San Diego cannot afford to lose another game on Denver, and especially not at home. The San Diego defense has given up a lot, and they just cut one of their safeties. Kyle Orton, Messiah, has been shredding defense and looked really really efficient. Reluctantly, I think that San Diego wins this game on a last second field goal. Chargers win, Denver +4.

Relevant Stats:

Last week:
    Against the spread: 6-8
    Strait up: 10-4

On the year:
    Against the spread: 34-41-1
    Strait up: 53-23

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Game of the week is a toss up between Giants vs Saints or Broncos vs Chargers. The way the Broncos are playing this season going to be hard for many teams to beat them. Well the Patriots or Colts are probably better though not sure yet.

2k for handjobs is a deal yo
    BG Level

I believe you should adjust the titans prediction. They will win their division this year. Bet on it.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Denver at San Diego - Hochuli sacks Orton on the supposed "game-winning" drive, then gives a wink and thumbs up to Norv Turner.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

will andre johnson be blanked?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bengals are free of that horrid snapper now at least.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    will andre johnson be blanked?
    Probably.

Career day for Slaton out of the backfield though.

Until Rey kills him.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

heady did you get a leon hall jersey for your bday?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I've been tempted. I want to get a jersey this year but don't know who or what size lol

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

No way Andre gets completely shut down. I think he'll break one out at least.

As far as the rest of the games, I agree with all but the Giants/Saints game (going with the Giants in an upset of sorts), Baltimore, and staying with the favorite in Atlanta.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

you should get a cedric benson

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The best thing about being a Bengals fan is if you say Andre won't be shut out, and he is, I can brag all the fuck I want.

But if he isn't, then "well y'know, it's the Bengals"

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Just about the only perk to being a fan of a team you have low expectations for.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Houston at Cincinnati - Bengals looked really solid last week, if they look anything like that again I can't see them losing to Houston.

Detroit
    at Green Bay - Detroit is looking better every week, at some point they're going to go from losing close games to winning close games, I'd take them for an upset.

Baltimore at Minnesota - What Tyche said. Jared Allen is fucking scary, I really wish the Vikes were in a different division, because this is not a team I want to see the Bears playing twice.

NY Giants at New Orleans - I believe the Giants are the best overall team in the league, this game is going to be awesome, but I don't see them losing it. That said, if there's anyone they're going to lose to this year this would be the one I'd pick.

Cleveland at Pittsburgh - Lots of strong teams vs. cupcakes this week, idk what the hell happened to parity in the NFL but it's definitely not there this year.

Carolina at Tampa Bay - Delhomme will probably still manage to throw 2 interceptions, but the only reason TB isn't the worst team in the league right now is Oakland trying as hard as they can to claim the title for themselves.

Kansas City at Washington - Washington is fucked when their luck with games like this runs out after this week, hope they enjoy their last win for awhile.

St. Louis at Jacksonville - St. Louis just looks bad, at everything. Not Raiders bad, but pretty damn bad.

Arizona at Seattle - Seahawks are a fucking mystery to me, I'd never be willing to bet on them.

Philadelphia at Oakland - I think the Raiders are already playing for a draft pick.

Tennessee at New England - Titans are an incredible waste of talent, at least the other terrible teams have an excuse.

Buffalo at NY Jets - T.O.'s about to 'splode, you can see it in his interviews, he's trying not to but it won't last long.

Chicago
    at Atlanta - This is just me being a homer, these teams look pretty damn even, really hope we get this one to make up for the two losses we're going to have to the Vikings.

Denver at San Diego - Don't bet against Kyle J.C. Orton. He grew a neckbeard for our sins.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

go bengals and saints and broncos. i am from all those cities and have been a fan for 25 years

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Andre's line- 5 catches 72 yards 1 TD

BOOK IT. (Don't book it really. You'll probably lose.)

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

2 catches, 36 yards

I was thinking of getting a #31 jersey and putting a name plate on that says "Horsecollar"

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    2 catches, 36 yards

I was thinking of getting a #31 jersey and putting a name plate on that says "Horsecollar"
    lol

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    2 catches, 36 yards

Post of the week.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Fags need to stop picking Carolina. Picking them to win games was so last year. That's my job.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast