+ Reply to Thread

LF: Video Editing Software

To be quick, I'm looking for something similar to iMovie (inb4 get iMovie) for PC (vista 64 bit)- don't need anything fancy (prefer something free!) just need to be able to cut videos / add soundtrack / so on so forth. Any help greatly appreciated- thanks in advance!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

could try virtualdub, but it may be too limited

i often use adobe premiere so dunno bout free ones ;-/

I like Sony Vegas. It's not free, but it's relatively cheap as editing software goes. (The consumer editions, not the professional full version.) Check List of video editing software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to see if you can find something that suits your needs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Vegas/Premier CS4 are your best bets. Or see if you can't borrow a Macbook for an afternoon and use iMovie/Final Cut.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

windows live movie maker is simple, and free

There really isn't anything that compares to iMovie for functionality and ease of use. It's in a league of it's own.

Yeah, I was really impressed watching someone play with imovie, even the silly iphone version is really intuitive and kinda fun to use.

I just realized I have Windows Movie Maker on my computer and totally forgot about it- I always remembered it as that optional program for like Windows 98 that you could make 'movies' with animated characters and captions and shit, it was so dumb.

Thanks!