The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 7: Across the pond

Hmm, another week of semi-crappy games slated for Week 7. A whopping 6 teams are on bye, so it's likely a fantasy deadzone for shallow teams. One more week til we hit the half way point...man it seems to be going by so fast.

Green Bay at Cleveland (+7) - I don't even really know how to predict this game. Green Bay is the obvious choice for the pick-em, as they're a damn good team it what is a battle of the Norths for footballs best division. Unfortunately, you have a good NFC north team facing a terrible AFC north team, so we won't learn much. Don't know who to take on the spread, so I'll take the points. Cleveland +7.

San Diego at Kansas City (+4.5) - I don't even know if it's a must win for San Diego anymore. Now I'm think it's a must-lose so thhey can rid themselves of a terrible staff. They went from one of the toughest 14-2 teams in the NFL to complete and utter shit under turkeyneck. But hey, they won a playoff game! Good for you, slowclap:smileyface Chargers win, KC +4.5.

Indianapolis at St. Louis (+13) - Not that they really need the help, but we're looking at possible returns of Gonzo and Bob Sanders for Indi. Not that it needs to be said, but Indi is probably the best team in the NFL, despite sporting a rookie coach and key injuries early on. There is no reason the Colts don't continue to roll in this game. Indi -13

Minnesota at Pittsburgh (-4) - I said in the pre-season that I thought the Vikes would likely start the season undefeated and lose their first game at Pitt. Let's be honest, their schedule hasn't been that tough. Despite Pitt starting off rather sluggishly, they're beginning to get the running game going. This week, I think the defense will finally step up in a huge spot. I love Pitt in this game to win by at least a TD. Pitt -4.

New England at Tampa Bay (+14.5) - Not too often the Pats have to fly east to play a football game. Happens in this case. The field in Wimbley Stadium has sucked tremendously. The WRs have difficulty cutting, and running games have largely thrived as a result. Expect a big game from Maroney in this one, and Brady to have an average game. I still like NE to pound the Bucs to a fine pulp. NE -14.5

San Francisco at Houston (-3) - I think Houston is a lot better than their record is reflecting. I don't really know why this is the case, they're a bit bi-polar at times. San Fran's defense has been completely ripped by a good passing offense in Atlanta. Houston has a similar pass heavy offense. The return of Frank Gore could help alleviate that issue a bit, but I expect Houston to still win and cover in this game.

Buffalo at Carolina (-6.5) - Will this be three in a row for Carolina? I don't know. Buffalo's pass D is pretty damn decent. They halted Tom Brady and made Mark Sanchez look like a QB with less than 20 starts at a high level program. That doesn't seem to be great news for Clutch fans in the house. We know that Williams and Stewart are capable of picking upt he slack, and I certainly expect them to do so here. Carolina to win and cover.

NY Jets at Oakland (+6) - Strange matchup here for the Jets. They are just coming off an embarassing loss to the Bills, and the Raiders are coming off of a huge win against Philly. It was a damn bad week for the NFC east last week. Sanchez has to try to use this game to get off the slide he's had in the past couple of games. Expect Rex Ryan to dial it back up and make Russel's life hell. NY Jets win, Oakland +6.

Atlanta at Dallas (-4) - Last week Dallas was easily the best looking NFC east team, but oddly enough, they were on a bye week. I really don't know how or why they're favored in this game. It's completely boggling my mind. I suppose vegas likes them a lot better than I do. They used the bye week to make some changes that will hopefully assist their offense. Austin will now be replacing Crayton is the starting role. Noone like Dallas in this game, and I don't either. Dallas to win and cover the 4.

Chicago at Cincinnati (-1.5) - Alright, a decent battle between the two norths. I'd love Chicago in this game if it were at Soldier Field, but it's not. Both teams are coming off losses, although Chicago looked much better in a road loss against a good team than the bengals did in a home loss to Houston. Everyone is starting to jump on the Bengals bandwagon, so I'm jumping off. It's getting too crowded. Chicago pulls the /mild/ upset.

New Orleans at Miami (+6.5) - Nawlins to cover. No comment.

Arizona at NY Giants (-7) New York plays well at home, Arizona plays terrible on the road. Eli has been lightiing it up in the passing game, and Arizona has been allowing a ton of yards. Arizona hasn't, however, allowed a ton of points. Only two teams have scored over 20, Houston and Indi. Only Indi has scored over 25. I actually like Arizona to keep the relatively close in a loss. Arizona +7

MON, OCT 26

Philadelphia at Washington (+7) - Wow, I didn't realize this was the Monday game until I typed this out. What a shitty Monday night game. The fucking redskins? Are you kidding me? Well, expect Philly to use the redskins to bounce back huge after that unspeakable loss to a Jamarcus Russel led team. Philly to cover.

Stats:

Last week:
    Against the spread: 7-7
    Strait up: 7-7

On the year:
    Against the spread: 41-48-1
    Strait up: 60-30

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Sorry for the delay.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

go saints and broncos etc

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Pretty much agree with all your picks, I guess the Vikings could win but I'd be really surprised if all of those teams didn't win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My upset of the week, Card's over giants. Only pick I would change is the cinci bears game, going with cinci in that one, benson has a career game.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Nice job on the sum-ups for all the games. I think Oakland/NYJ could be closer than experts will say. Oakland's defense when it hasn't given up five minutes into the first quarter can be quite decent.

Carolina/Buffalo could be downright unwatchable. I could sa the same for Phily/Washington depending on if Phily shows up. This is gonna be MNF's first horrible game of the year. A shame too as they were on a roll.

Minnesota/Pittsburgh will most definitely be the game of the week, but Atlanta and Dallas should be a good one. We'll see how "Matty Ice" handles the new Cowboy Cathedral.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm confused by your ATL+DAL prediction, Noone likes dallas in this game and neither do you, but you pick them to win and cover the spread?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Benson going to run all over that depleted linebacking corps

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    I'm confused by your ATL+DAL prediction, Noone likes dallas in this game and neither do you, but you pick them to win and cover the spread?
    I don't if it's because you're relatively new, or because you never read what I type, but when something seems so mind numbingly obvious, I'll typically go the other way.

Fuck yeah, don't have to drink myself to sleep this Sunday!

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    Fuck yeah, don't have to drink myself to sleep this Sunday!
    HAHA

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

ATL is going to rip Dallas a new one. Lets see if Dallas can actually beat someone with more than 1 win on the season.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looking for Washington to be a huge upset. Past few years the skins' seem to do terrible against bad teams and surprisingly well against good teams. You have a play caller that worked with the Packers for 5 years and a chance that Campbell will once again get benched for a more experienced Collins. Haynesworth might actually do something on defense instead of getting carted off every other game. Mr. Bingo could establish the running game early to keep the Philly D closer to the ball and burn them with a deep pass to Cooley. All of this going on while Zorn continues to be emasculated by Darth Snyder.
    Monday night games have been pretty good this year, and I doubt this one's going to disappoint. Washington has a shit ton of drama and are looking to make a last stand and Philly is coming off an embarrassing upset with something to prove.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Green Bay over Cleveland
    Houston over San Francisco
    San Diego over Kansas City
    Indy over St. Louis
    New England over Tampa Bay, 'cause rebellion's cooler than pirates.
    Minnesota over Pittsburgh
    Carolina over Buffalo
    Jets over Oakland
    Cincinnati over Chicago... hardest game for me to pick this week, mostly because I'm unsure how well Cinci will rebound after a loss and losing Odom. I genuinely think Chicago sucks, and while I'm not on a Bengals bandwagon, I think they can pull it out.
    Atlanta over Dallas
    New Orleans over Miami
    Giants over Arizona
    Eagles over Redskins

Edit: relevant Stats:
    9-5 last week
    19-9 overall

Ridill
    BG Level

Remember when everyone made fun of me for saying NFC north may be the best division in football, with the only one that was really close being AFC north?

And then even more when I said the NFC east is terrible and only the Giants and maybe Eagles are remotely respectable?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I remember saying Kyle Orton would go the rest of his career undefeated. I hate being right.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Vikes, 49ers, Atlanta.

OAKLAND IS A MOTHERFUCKING GIMME. Goddamnit, this is going to end badly.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Best fan ever?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That guy kicks so much ass, why cant he be a Panther fan? I mean if you can stick by the Bengals then you have no excuses.

Ridill
    BG Level

He's the "High Life" guy, what could he be but a Bengals fan.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast