Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

assburgers
    BG Level

I KNOW THIS, DAMMIT, I SAID DB/RR, ARGH!

If I had both, it would be two WS sets, "att dwn"

are's body/heca x 4/love torque/assault/foragers

and "att up"

aurum body/heca x 3/ares legs/gorget/pixie/cuch

Something like that anyway, with various testing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

DRK~

1. Askar Zucchetto vs Walahra Turban for tp? (1% haste vs 4 STR & 4 DEX)
    (The rest of my haste equipment is Homam hands, legs and feet + swift belt, V Belt and Ace's Helm are out of reach).

2. Any better options that Perdu Sickle or how does Perdu Sickle compare vs the other available scythes (except mythic and relic)?

assburgers
    BG Level

Askar head is never the correct answer.

1% Haste is pretty much always going to give more than you gain from 1.5% hit rate and 1~2 fStr.

Clarified that, you may get more from having NO other haste and going Turban > Askar head.

I can not say for sure, but I know you will generally get more from 17% > 18% Haste than the 4 Dex/4 Str, last I checked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

1% haste is always at least 1% more dmg, while 4 STR is always what? 0,25-0,5% more dmg for 2 hander, so 4 str cannot out do 1% haste, ever. The dex doesn't count for crits as drk is not a dex heavy job, and the 3 acc that come from it will never solve your accuracy issues, if you have any ( use pizza). Same applies to Aces's helm; once you have top gear and non retarded food ( read: pizza if you need accuracy, not meat), aces's becomes a situational piece for when you cannot eat pizza or pizza doesn't cap your accuracy ( Odin comes to mind).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All righty, thank you for the pointers, they're much appreciated ^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Askar head is never the correct answer.

1% Haste is pretty much always going to give more than you gain from 1.5% hit rate and 1~2 fStr.

Clarified that, you may get more from having NO other haste and going Turban > Askar head.

I can not say for sure, but I know you will generally get more from 17% > 18% Haste than the 4 Dex/4 Str, last I checked.
    No, it not nearly that favor for turban max, even if assume 90% acc, you need haste >= 40% before headpiece for it to become better ignoring fstr that is; I swear you guys are getting to stupid point of 1% haste is > EVERYTHING. But yea ussually turban will be better but sometimes you don't have every haste buff so askar can be better, ie when you end up with sch instead of rdm or whm for something.
    Also at mdkuser using pizza at everything isn't practical given pricing it's huge waste for some events, ie ENMs, ISNM, Nyzul, Einherjar, or Assault, or other short events.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    No, it not nearly that favor for turban max, even if assume 90% acc, you need haste >= 40% before headpiece for it to become better ignoring fstr that is; I swear you guys are getting to stupid point of 1% haste is > EVERYTHING. But yea ussually turban will be better but sometimes you don't have every haste buff so askar can be better, ie when you end up with sch instead of rdm or whm for something.
    Also at mdkuser using pizza at everything isn't practical given pricing it's huge waste for some events, ie ENMs, ISNM, Nyzul, Einherjar, or Assault, or other short events.
    I agree with you on everything but the pizza comment. Its only 3k, the only impractical place would be meriting on colibri.

In 95% of all the short events you just mentioned you should cap accuracy from gear alone without neglecting any haste gear, and eating yellow curry subs or whatever you please, and W. Turban should be the better choice. Events you dont cap accuracy at, are usually worth eating pizza for, whether they last 3 hours or 20 minutes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I agree with you on everything but the pizza comment. Its only 3k, the only impractical place would be meriting on colibri.
    Eh I can manage ISNM/ENM w/o food generally, so if you're doing a event to make gil, spending gil on food seems counter-productive to me. And Nyzul/Einherjar very few mobs have evasion to for 2-hander to make worth while using pizza especially if your brd rotating madrigal/march x2/mineut.

I dont see how that makes Askar head a good choice, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Get haste +5 DEX+2 champion's galea and solve all your problems.

Eh I can manage ISNM/ENM w/o food generally, so if you're doing a event to make gil, spending gil on food seems counter-productive to me. And Nyzul/Einherjar very few mobs have evasion to for 2-hander to make worth while using pizza especially if your brd rotating madrigal/march x2/mineut.
    If you're not capping accuracy with a madrigal on anything besides chigoes there, uhhh, you're doing something wrong...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Food is just a 17th slot. Not using it is just gimp imo.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    If you're not capping accuracy with a madrigal on anything besides chigoes there, uhhh, you're doing something wrong...
    what about with acc down spam from red triple bats, I can't remember how potent it is haven't fought them in a while, and our brds only do those songs cause of few mnks, and DWing wars[trying to get them to GA before boss is a brickwall] that come, I'd rather double mineut most of the time.
    And Darlantan if you're not using food and low haste due to duo for ENM, askar beats turban, so why not use it then unless you're capped on acc.

what about with acc down spam from red triple bats, I can't remember how potent it is haven't fought them in a while, and our brds only do those songs cause of few mnks, and DWing wars[trying to get them to GA before boss is a brickwall] that come, I'd rather double mineut most of the time.
    And Darlantan if you're not using food and low haste due to duo for ENM, askar beats turban, so why not use it then unless you're capped on acc.
    Esuna spam? Or if you're really worried, then back to using pizza, but in general, a madrigal should cap anyone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I repeat, even if you have zero support, 1% haste is at least 1% more dmg. going from zero % haste to 1% haste is 1.1% more dmg...You do not need to have a lot of support to make haste worth it. STR is much less beneficial to 2handed jobs because it will only affect TP phase ( less than 50% of their dmg), and do not increase their avg melee dmg by a lot due to high base weapons dmg ( generally less than 1% increase).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

@ Vendict from the previous thread.

Wizards +1 and any hat (AF, Demon, Moogle) will be the best combo for accuracy. INT and Skill.

Sorcerers and Zenith will beat Wizards + 1 and Demon helm +1 in terms of damage. 5 MAB vs 6 INT, and this is why sorcerers is/was very good, it has a big buff to skill without losing a major damage slot (hands).

But now the moogle hat has changed it, the 7 INT on the Wizard +1 and Moogle will easily make up for the loss of 3 MAB, so this combination is the best in terms of accuracy and damage.

For every day nuking you shouldn't be using either Wizards hands or Sorcerers hat, they should only be used on Sky gods, HNMs etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rubett Inc
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Assuming you have the full Iron Ram Set, Iron Ram feet or Askar feet for a MDT set?

For PLD and WAR, if it matters.

Get -50% (magic) damage taken, then add MDB.

The answer is always the same.

For polearm SAM on birds, /WAR vs /DRG:
    20% haste from gear (+5% from earring if /DRG)
    15% magic haste spell only (no songs)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast