Closed Thread
Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post
    If acc is capped then you can use moli, but you shouldn't be TPing with the moli ring. You should be using Rajas/Blitz (if acc capped).

Then that turns the ring into a WS ring which has the 'effective' stats of [4 STR, 5 ACC and Enhance Souleater].

Which makes it a good SE-WS ring (if you have n.head), other than that (still assuming acc is capped) then you are better off with a real 5 STR ring.
    good point, i usually miss a small detail lol

personally outside dyna (i have bec) i still don't use SE + ws. Just makes me feel like too much of an mp sponge. But man is dickriding SE in dyna a blast. Of course perfecting cata gear is going to semi suck -_-

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    http://i33.tinypic.com/24w8t8m.jpg

For FM:

431 Acc with Agg up in this. My dex is 2 over the needed for birds, but I fight other things and typically this is enough dex for those as well. I could probably use Kubira Beads as well and still have plenty of acc for when agg is up, but using those and Osode both would cause the world to implode. Ah yeah, blitz ring is also something I mess with, Kubira/Berk+1 and blitz. After numerous parses with blitz I don't believe in its magical powers anymore. I always do better without.
    So, what exactly would be wrong with Thunder, Kubira and Berk+1?
    Ditching Berk+1 for Osode: gain 4 STR, 4 DEX and lose 12 atk and 12acc
    Ditching Pcharm for Kubira: gain 4 STR, 4 DEX and lose 10acc

Even if acc is irrelevant (which I'm disinclined to look up this early in my day), you're ditching 12 atk for... nothing? Might be overlooking something here, but... yeah.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Osode has 7atk and 7acc. 7.5 if you want to be technical, which could knock you up to 8 depending on your str or dex, but let's just say 7. It's basically 9acc 9atk vs 4str 4dex, nothing else. And for the majority of things I do with War, 431acc is enough to cap. Anything else is typically a zerg and we have SV madrigals anyway.

Edit: I disregarded your point there sorry. That is a pretty good trade off. Kubira beads are 3atk 3acc 4str 4dex, and all I would lose is 7acc. Since acc is irrelevant in this scenario I would be better off with Berk+1 and Beads. I would have 2 more acc and 12 more atk also. Part of me enjoys the defensive stats that also come with Osode so maybe I was looking for a way to justify it. 10agi, 15evasion (5 from agi), 10 vit, and more def than Berk+1. I know that isn't an excuse though so I won't try to defend that.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's just a painful wait for Odin to drop E-body now.

Edit: The conclusion to this ridiculous series of events.
    It looks like we have a winner for my tp set. I only used that setup for one limbus though so not much is lost, I concede defeat FM, and you didn't even have to do the work.

http://i34.tinypic.com/1hquxd.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Osode has 7atk and 7acc. 7.5 if you want to be technical, which could knock you up to 8 depending on your str or dex, but let's just say 7. It's basically 9acc 9atk vs 4str 4dex, nothing else. And for the majority of things I do with War, 431acc is enough to cap. Anything else is typically a zerg and we have SV madrigals anyway.
    Uh:
    Berk+1 with kubira
    10 STR 10 DEX 12 atk 12 acc
    Osode with pcharm
    10 STR 10 DEX 10 acc

The acc and attack derived from base stats are equal for both as far as I see. :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, you are right. That post I was only comparing Osode to Berk+1. I must have edited while you were posting that, sorry.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, you are right. That post I was only comparing Osode to Berk+1. I must have edited while you were posting that, sorry.
    Heh, yeah, asked for a doubletake from someone to be sure I wasn't missing anything before I submitted that last post. ;p
    No worries!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't laugh but
    Maximizing Holy damage : Apollo's or Neptune's staff. (Ele magic accuracy or Divine Magic skill.)
    and
    Morion Earring vs. Mnd+1 earring still for Holy

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Don't laugh but
    Maximizing Holy damage : Apollo's or Neptune's staff. (Ele magic accuracy or Divine Magic skill.)
    and
    Apollo's + MND

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Don't laugh but
    and
    Apollo's... suggesting anything else is like say Ice staff for all nukes.

MND earrings, holy damage is based on a MND check.

Calculating Magic Damage - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

With the introduction of the MKE head, are there any major changes to be made to Asuran sets or is it still the same gear just swapping the head piece?

assburgers
    BG Level

http://i37.tinypic.com/14myyjo.jpg

This set + Zahak's = win.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you look back a ways I mentioned Zahak's would be great, but I'm not dropping 5.5m on it. I've tried it a few times and really like it, but I can't afford to keep it atm for one job. I'm hoping for some Dusk Gloves with Dex+3 eventually. ^^

assburgers
    BG Level

Well, Osode + Kubira with Blitz > Berk +1 + Kubira with Thunder I would imagine. if acc capped anyways.

1% Haste vs some att?

Easy decision.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, tping in Osode and Beads both just feels wrong. I've been trained over the years to scoff at such things. ;;

assburgers
    BG Level

As have we all, but if you're acc capped and can trade dex for Haste of all things?

Do so, please.

I'd say looking gimp and retarded but actually using the most efficient gear combinations is clearly better than being retarded for not using those ideal combinations because of being laughed at by actual retarded people.

But sure as fuck I wont be using Osode and Kubira together :3

assburgers
    BG Level

Ebody/Kubira/Blitz > Zahak's/Kubira/Blitz > Osode/Kubira/Blitz > Berk +1/Kubira/Thunder

Now what I don't know for sure, but my gut tells me is Berk +1/Kubira/Blitz > Berk +1/Kubira/Thunder.

I don't care if it's +5% Crit, it's also +1% haste on a high haste build.

Edit: The conclusion to this ridiculous series of events.
    It looks like we have a winner for my tp set. I only used that setup for one limbus though so not much is lost, I concede defeat FM, and you didn't even have to do the work.
    Woohoo, I'd like to point out though, there are otherish solutions.

Haub+1 + Lightning Bow = 9dex, 6str, 12acc, 12attk
    Osode + Bomblet = 10dex, 10str, 6acc, 6attk
    1dex, 4str vs 6acc, 6attk. Granted, you can't switch the bow, so you'd be full-timing it, but I think it's an underrated item by a lot of people, so thought I'd throw that in there too.

Also, I think you're overrating capping crit a bit. It's not an awful setup that you came up with, but you also had the option of going Fort Torque+Bomb Core with Haub+1, which will almost def beat your Osode option, and I think is very close to the Kubira option.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, I don't have a Fort Torque, but I have considered Bomb Core. I've tried high atk builds before and my average melee hit dmg never seems to be noticably better.

assburgers
    BG Level

Fuck Fort Torque.

Fuck JoFort.

Fuck Bomb Core for non-Bravura WS setups basically.

Perdu/Pole/Ltng Bow +1/_/
    Turban/Kubira/Brutal/Pixie
    Berk +1/Dusk/Blitz/Rajas
    Cuch/Swift/Haidate/Aurum

That would put you at 117 Dex with max haste for your setup (I assume that is swift since I don't see Vbelt in your sig, and it would be something I'd brag about over anything but Usu feet) with minimal losses.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast