Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Did you already do the rank up in the past? lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That's a good question, I honestly don't remember even doing it,but it's been a loooong time. Is there a way I can check via my quest logs?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Check your craft status menu. If it says Craftsman next to gold, then you did it already.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I fail. It does say Craftsman next to goldsmithing, I guess I DID do the test.

Nevermind, return to your regularly scheduled bg lurking.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    What have we found to be an effective way to get overwhelming desynthesis moghancement?

My issue is I have a very much decked out MH and, to be honest, have very little way to take pieces out without messing everything up.

I do have it set up though that if I stick in my thurible and take out only 2 piece of furniture I get desynthesis, yay~

But...

It looks like the only way I'll be able to get overwhelming is purchasing like 3 million in thuribles. As badass as a mog house full of stoner pots would be (lol permabaked moogle) I'd rather not. Mainly because I can't afford it.

Also my moogle has a tendency to sell all my stuff whenever he gets baked. I don't wanna come back to a cleaned out MH again D:
    1 Thurible + as many Consoles as you can get. The Consoles enhance the Lightning element tremendously, but do not change the Moghancement because the Thurible is still the single strongest furnishing.

EDIT: Sorry for answering one so far back but I didn't see a direct response.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I was flipping through a lot of the screenshots in this forum and was surprised of all the people who HQed stuff during skilling a craft.
    My question is: Can this happen, if your enhanced skill is below the skill cap (T -1) or are those HQs done with enhanced skill (gear / adv. support i.e. they actually are T0 synths?).

Although I'm not an experienced crafter, I've gone through a few hundred levels and never HQed anything during skilling, so just wondering...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are you sure you've never HQed anything leveling up? I've HQed numerous times while leveling, though often nothing will indicate it but the HQ animation, since so many things don't have HQ equivalents. As far as I know the HQ odds are the same below cap as at cap, barring the increased chance at breaks when low enough below cap.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've never HQd unless my combined skill was at or over the cap. I didn't think it was possible but that was just based on my experience.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think I made a Gem Cuirass when I was at 99 smithing while not being above 103... but I gotta check

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

clearly possible...but like me your luck sucks :D I never HQ'ed anything leveling up as well, but there's enough screenies to prove it does happen. I have T0'ed many a rainbow cloth making them for another synth while leveling (not 11 over cap, but over cap).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Thanks everyone for your replies!
    I think I see clearer now.

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    Are you sure you've never HQed anything leveling up?
    I've HQed numerous times while leveling, though often nothing will indicate it but the HQ animation, since so many things don't have HQ equivalents. As far as I know the HQ odds are the same below cap as at cap, barring the increased chance at breaks when low enough below cap.

Hmmm.... yea, tbh I guess I can't be sure. Of course I didn't pay attention to all the skill-up synths' animations.
    A lot of times I just hit the button and leave the room.
    I never saw a HQ result, but yea.. of course.. that doesn't mean there was no HQ animation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

A crafting friend (multiple 100+3s) believes strongly in Tier -1 (0% HQ rate when under cap), and I've never been able to disprove it. I've HQed while skilling up too, but I always had synth support putting me at or above cap.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    A crafting friend (multiple 100+3s) believes strongly in Tier -1 (0% HQ rate when under cap), and I've never been able to disprove it. I've HQed while skilling up too, but I always had synth support putting me at or above cap.
    Hmm.. well this would agree well with my experience, although as I said, I really didn't pay attention to all of my synths.

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to try for some self-signed HQ while still skilling up.
    For example: Blessed Mitts (96), I would just start at 93+3 (I have no gear yet, since I'm trying to finish Fishing first) making it a T0 with 1/64-ish HQ chance and I still would be able to get skill ups?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can HQ while skilling. I remember way back when I was leveling bone I had a weird HQ on gelatin that didn't match the yield amounts. Although possibly a bug. Also had multiple occurrences while skilling cloth, even though it produced no HQ due to being a cloth, but the animation was there. Sorry to say I have no pics from that far back but it is possible

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Did something new happen with Griffon Leathers? Their price has skyrocketed over the last month or two. They're selling really quickly too, that makes me think it doesn't have much to do with less people doing dynamis

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

25/25 of the price histories that I looked through also had Molybdenum Ingots, Angel Skin Orbs, etc. It looks it's just a random price jump and people are doing last minute inventory upgrades.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've also HQ'd many many times skilling up (always awesome stuff like Ebony Harp +1 oh yay), but like I said my skill + support was at or above cap. I'm also a believer in the T-1 tier, and haven't ever seen proof otherwise. When I had first heard of that I swore I had also HQ'd under cap but checking logs/SS I saw all the times I thought I did I actually had gear or support to put me right at cap. Had people say "oh yeah I've done it" but I think like me people just easily forget the +skill they use when skilling. If I ever have it happen or see a definitive SS though I'll be sure to change my tune :D

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWAR View Post
    Did something new happen with Griffon Leathers? Their price has skyrocketed over the last month or two. They're selling really quickly too, that makes me think it doesn't have much to do with less people doing dynamis
    Molybdenum and Orichalcum ingots in abyssea chests made the price drop way down, so more people can afford to do the final Gobbiebags now, jacking up the price of the former cheap ingredients. Same thing happened to foulard. My guess anyways.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good point, this could have very well been the case with my HQ's....synth support.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    In that scenario, HQ'ing a blessed briault would be impossible, as it is a 103 level synth (never done myself, I didn't have to go through that hell for CC 99-100).

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    In that scenario, HQ'ing a blessed briault would be impossible, as it is a 103 level synth (never done myself, I didn't have to go through that hell for CC 99-100).
    How is it impossible to HQ a blessed briault? If 100, adv support makes you 103 and T0. if 99 apron and adv support, 98 apron, glasses, adv support, etc

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast