Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Forgot about support. So rarely used it leveling up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

What is the recipe for Starlight Cake? The recipe on wiki doesn't work.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Sandy Flour + Selbina Butter + Marple Sugar + Rolanberryx2 + Selbina Milk + Bird Egg + Red Grass Cloth?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

notice no crystal?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Oh, of course not. It's synergy (75).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ah Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not much traffic in here but hopefully someone will give me a bit of confirmation. All this is stuff I'm 99% sure on but because of terrible luck I want to make sure one last time.

I'm 0/96 having other people craft me an arhat's gi +1. All of these have been done by 100 cloth/60 smiths with full gear/guild items. I'm tired of bothering them so since I have an alt that has 91 cloth I figured I'd just do it myself. Now the cloth on this thing is listed as 89. That was easily verified by going to the recipe npc and seeing it rest right where it should. However, the smithing sub I've seen range from 'less than 23' to '56' depending on the source.

Fortunately, this is the one time it paid off that my alt was so gimpy. He had 0 smithing skill so I simply tried to make a gi everytime I gained a smithing level on him. He was first able to attempt it at 14 smithing (no support). The things I want to make sure on before I go 0/96 again are:

1) Since I can attempt it at 14 that means it is 29 smithing so I should aim for 40 smithing to be in T1 range.
    2) With the 2 cloth armor pieces and the new furnishing that gives mega moglification I will get +7 from gear/furniture/support
    3) Are my options from 91-93 pretty much A) camp the ah for bird plumes, B) errant pants C) farm up 160ish arachne threads? I sure don't see anything else but sometimes new recipes get lost in the shuffle.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

0/96 on a T1 synth - seriously? Assuming 1/16 T1 rate, it would be like a 0.2% chance of being that unlucky, you sure your crafters were 100/60? lol ...
    I'd say, bother the crafters some more, it must be HQing any minute now! (< cherrypicking my sample set^-^)

The last levels of Cloth are easier than they were in the past, but just to make one single Gi+1 it wouldn't be worth the effort. As far as I can tell, Smithing sub for Gi is somewhere in the 20ies. So leveling Smithing to 40 should get you T1. It's cake to level up to 40 anyways.

There's a lot of threads in here named "Clothcraft 93+" etc that are pretty "up to date"...

Plumes are still easy to cap by just buying out the AH > Tarutaru Sash (95) with the occasional try for T0ing Blessed Mitts > Foulard (98, this is actually profitable on my server) or Dance Shoes if you want to level faster and/or have Leathercraft to 55ish. 97 would allow you to T1 the Gi with adv. support assuming you have no +1 Skill equipment. Stall seems to be +2, but it's not defintely proven to date, from what I read.

I'd advise to still have it crafted, but if you wanna level Cloth yourself this would be your route.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I call BS on your crafters saying they have the subcraft then. No way you're going 0/96.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gotta remember this is BG, people are notorious for exaggerating numbers. What was the # for the record on Leaping Boots that person claimed to have? 0/371 or some shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

^

good point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

No, they are very much qualified for the T1. I reason I am sure of this is that I chose them by checking ffxiah profiles. "Payi" and "Kaouri" are both easily in T1 range you can look it up yourself on Siren server. And hell you can even message them if it's really bothering you that someone is this unlucky on one particular synth. I've had my fair share of good luck too so I'm not gonna whine about it, but it is what it is and currently that is 0/96 with T1 crafters.

Thanks for the dance shoes suggestion. I hadn't looked into the price to actually make moccasins so they are a bit cheaper than what is listed. And yes, I know that it is a 'bad economic decision' to spend 1.2Mish to level cloth in order to make an item that is worth 400k, but the bottom line is that I'm tired of posting a mule at the AH and checking every hour on the hour to see if a pair has been listed. Its been a month since one sold and it must have been snatched up within 45 minutes as I checked at the beginning of my lunch break and after my lunch break with it selling in between.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

@ synergy 70, looking for a synth to take skill up on to 80? any ideas?
    ww 100 with all subs leveled but cc and cooking

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Another possible option for cloth is Roshi Jinpachi, if you get your smithing high enough you can T1 arhat's jinpachi and hopefully +1 to make up the difference. I did those but this was before the last 2 updates so I don't know if anyone would buy them anymore. NPC price is ~6k or so IIRC.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lodiont View Post
    @ synergy 70, looking for a synth to take skill up on to 80? any ideas?
    ww 100 with all subs leveled but cc and cooking
    Only lv80 recieps are the stalls iirc, 1 per craft. They use a 15k guildpoint item though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone happen to know the recipe for the Phrygian Earring used in making the Flame Pearl?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cursed soup still the way to go for leveling cooking to 100, or would I be better off trying Red Curry and making them into buns? @ 91.2 skill right now and I'm planning on doing Rice Balls to 94, then either finding a woodworker to make Divine Sap for me for Cursed Drinks or sucking up potential losses and try spamming Curry >< Why can't cooking have more than TWO level 100 synths x.x

Questions about Synergy:

If I have 0 Synergy skill and 100 Leathercraft skill and someone else with say 0 Leathercraft but 90 Synergy teamed up, could we synth the appropriate Stall?

How long would it take to solo skill up to 90 Synergy?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, just let the person with the Emblem claim the furnace to be able to use the materials, and have the high level synergist do the fewell feeding. Anyone not at a decent synergy level should not feed fewell and should instead help by operating the furnace's other functions.

Edit: Forgot about your other question. Answer: As long as it takes for S-E to raise the Synergy skill cap to level 90.

Serious answer, capping at the current 80 cap shouldn't take long. Not nearly as long as any other craft, anyway. Sorry I can't be precise, it really depends on a lot of things. But for comparison's sake, it should only take a small fraction of the time it would take to get another craft to the same level.

Awesome thanks! Time to find a Synergist...

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast