Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You should really level it, since you never know what you might want to make in the future, and the Apron/Stall route is a very, very cheap way to get there, and pretty fast at that. I have fishing, which means Synergy is practically useless for me until I level a craft (which depends on if I have the patience to garner 350k GP with fish and THEN get GP on another craft), and I still have level 80 Synergy... just in case.

It's NOT a quick endeavor, be warned. It's much, much faster than a traditional craft, but I would guess 0-80 probably took me 10 hours of spamming fewell. Maybe more, maybe less. It wasn't a walk through the park, either way. Note, though, spamming Fewell is pretty damn easy. Turn on the television, find a few movies or a television series, go WHM or sub /WHM, and hit the enter button 12,983,982 times.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

two questions:

1) anyone know what level bonecraft that ruszor arrowheads cap at?

2) is there a good synth for leveling bonecraft from 82-87ish?

thanks!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

dragon mask to 87 or behemoth rings to 89..I think were what I did.

aduidarnenye

I'm wondering about the crafting update that allows you to level two skills to 100. Do they mean any two skills outside of Fishing or do they mean any two skills outside of Fishing and Synergy? Does Synergy act like Fishing in terms of skill points or is it considered one of the regular skills?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Looking to make the fire/ice/light animas for hallowed water without committing to taking alchemy past 60 and without needing to commission them off other alchemists. wiki reports those synths cap @ 75. Wiki reports doing a synth "-10 to -1 levels" has a 50% success rate, but that in itself seems off to me. One idea would be to take it to 68, get artisan rank for the apron...also be able to get the alembic furnishing, but can't tell if that's ah'able or not...then delevel it back to 60 if/when I figure a craft to take to 100. So tl;dr questions are:

- is there a better guide to success rate for trying these underskilled?
    - is there any ways I'm missing about getting as high skill possible without committing to going past 60?
    - or hey, is alchemy where it's at these days and I should just take that to 100?
    - is Alembic auctionable? tradeable? what kind of price should I offer/expect to pay for it (50k guild points)
    - anything else I'm missing with this specific situation? (Hallowed water is 51 cap, animas for it are 75, not terribly concerned with mat loss making the animas)

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Looking to make the fire/ice/light animas for hallowed water without committing to taking alchemy past 60 and without needing to commission them off other alchemists. wiki reports those synths cap @ 75. Wiki reports doing a synth "-10 to -1 levels" has a 50% success rate, but that in itself seems off to me. One idea would be to take it to 68, get artisan rank for the apron...also be able to get the alembic furnishing, but can't tell if that's ah'able or not...then delevel it back to 60 if/when I figure a craft to take to 100. So tl;dr questions are:

- is there a better guide to success rate for trying these underskilled?
    - is there any ways I'm missing about getting as high skill possible without committing to going past 60?
    - or hey, is alchemy where it's at these days and I should just take that to 100?
    - is Alembic auctionable? tradeable? what kind of price should I offer/expect to pay for it (50k guild points)
    - anything else I'm missing with this specific situation? (Hallowed water is 51 cap, animas for it are 75, not terribly concerned with mat loss making the animas)
    I'll answer what I can. First off, this is another sticky in this forum and it's pretty much better than any guide you'll find on wiki: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/571...tion-read-this! Beyond that, I have alchemy leveled to 100, with fishing at 100, and all subs capped at 60, and synergy capped at 80.

If you're trying to synth a 75 craft from 60 (-15 is max to attempt) you're going to break almost all the time. I'd be willing to say about 90-95% of the time. If you went to 68, took the long ass time it takes to get body and club then get advanced support you'll be at 73ish and just find to synth the anima. But really, that seems like a huge time investment for the EVENTUAL "reward."

Here's my advice: If you're really hellbent on making a decent number of these waters and not waiting 4 months to aquire 190,000 GPs you want to stay at 60, farm yourself an assload of burning memories and then find a high level alchemy friend who has purchased the key item "Anima Synthesis." If no one has that offer to pay for their GPs for a week or 2 while they save 20k up. Have them make you 99 of each anima needed. It won't be so bad considering the NQ is 10. Now with your 60 alchemy make yourself a stack or few of these waters at a time. Don't get me wrong you can get twice as many made if you 102 level alchemy friend helps with these as well, but none the less you can be successful at making 1 95% of the time. This will also supply you with about 8 stacks.

I will say alchemy GPs fucking suck. They're slightly better than cooking, but no where near the ease of something like leathercraft. Alchemy GPs pissed me off so much I never did more than club and apron.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I'm wondering about the crafting update that allows you to level two skills to 100. Do they mean any two skills outside of Fishing or do they mean any two skills outside of Fishing and Synergy? Does Synergy act like Fishing in terms of skill points or is it considered one of the regular skills?
    Purely speculation: I assume they mean 2 "regular" crafts to 100. Fishing has always been its own "craft" that doesn't follow other rules, and now so has synergy. On my main I currently have fishing 100, alchemy 100, synergy 80, all subs 60. Fishing and synergy as of now act on their own separate from the others. I assume we'll be able to have 2 crafts at 100 (alchemy, cooking, LC, GS, Smithing, etc) and fishing/synergy each to 100. Reason being synergy seems to be the way the game is going and you are required to have high level crafts to start a synergy synth. This makes it easier for people to "solo" synergize.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1) When crafting a broken rod back together (or any other synth for that matter) can the materials still be lost if another player performs an action on me (cure, warcry, etc.)? I thought I read this was fixed in the update notes long ago, but it might have just been wishful thinking.

2) Assuming a high enough level to where they wouldn't normally agro, will mobs like crabs or ghosts on the ferrys attack you while trying to synth (similar to /heal or /sit)? I've been applying sneak prior to synths, wondering if it's necessary.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    1) When crafting a broken rod back together (or any other synth for that matter) can the materials still be lost if another player performs an action on me (cure, warcry, etc.)? I thought I read this was fixed in the update notes long ago, but it might have just been wishful thinking.

2) Assuming a high enough level to where they wouldn't normally agro, will mobs like crabs or ghosts on the ferrys attack you while trying to synth (similar to /heal or /sit)? I've been applying sneak prior to synths, wondering if it's necessary.
    1.) I've tried to cure myself (from a mule) before to test this and I was unable to cast on my main character. I also *think* they removed the chance to lose rod if you synth before boat zones, but don't quote me on that lol.

2.) Idk, bring along a cheap log and a wind crystal and give it a try!

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Anyone done gold from 60-100 recently? I've been toying with the idea since the mention of another craft being taken to 100. I assume 409320 other people are having the same thought and mats will be through the roof, but I'm still curious. What path are people taking now adays to 100?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    huh... was wrong... nvm, see cdgreg's post.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Has this actually been announced that we will get two skills to 100? If so can someone link me to the info pretty please?~ All I'm seeing is crafting skill cap adjustments on the road map they posted with no explanation.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    Has this actually been announced that we will get two skills to 100? If so can someone link me to the info pretty please?~ All I'm seeing is crafting skill cap adjustments on the road map they posted with no explanation.
    Yes and no, http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll-Limitations

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

So post 148 says it's postponed? Didn't read all of it yet, had no idea this amount of discussion was going on over there.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

This sucks. fucking idiots. I couldnt wait for another craft to 100 that way I could actually synergize more without hassling friends to stand around for 20 minutes because I need their veteran level in pt.

Thank you all so much for the huge amount of feedback!

In regards to our plans to raise the crafting skill limits during the next version update, we thought it’d be the perfect time to implement, alongside the auction house merge and Synergy-augmented content. We felt it would serve as a countermeasure to the low amount of active crafters and the low number of items up on the auction houses in the three nations. However, as a result of discussions based on all of your feedback we have opted to postpone this. To get a better idea of the community’s opinion and also to further our discussions we would like to explain a bit about our future plans for synthesis and synergy, and give you plenty of time to discuss and provide feedback.

For the past couple of updates we placed a heavy emphasis on level cap increases, Abyssea, and other new battle related content. For the version updates in 2011, along with the level cap increase and battle related additions and adjustments, we are planning a significant amount of adjustments to synthesis and synergy as well.

Future plans
    Based on our desire to reevaluate how players obtain items, as well as adding attractive item recipes, we plan on changing our focus from shifting synthesis to synergy. We’re also planning on strengthening the specialties of each (Synthesis and Synergy) as well as creating their own special uses and objectives. Along with this we will also be looking into raising the crafting skill limitations.

Our ultimate goal is to add numerous items so that you can select what you wear depending on the situation and slot. This is similar to when the level cap was 75 and you have Relic, Salvage, Einherjar, and Limbus-related gear to utilize.

• Premise

• Expansion of new items and recipes similar to the abjuration equipment system
    • Fixing of locations to obtain general purpose materials (Shop and loot expansion)
    • Improvements to synergy, fishing, chocobo digging, harvesting, mining, gathering systems

• Synthesis in Perspective

• Possible to create attractive, one of a kind items
    • Benefits of HQ synths are reflected largely by an increase in stats
    • Possible to create base items through synthesis
    • Possibility of losing materials as a result of failure

• Synergy in Perspective

• Possible to mass produce items and create EX items
    • Benefits of HQ are strongly demonstrated through mass production recipes
    • System to add stats via augment synergy
    • No loss of materials upon failure (Fewell and cost are separate)

There were some concerns about the addition of items that can only be made by having multiple skills leveled to 100, but rest assured that we have no plans of introducing recipes of this difficulty.

The above content is not finalized and is a plan that we would like to try and apply in the future. Since this is a pretty large change to our approach, in order to create an even better direction for this, please let us know your thoughts.

We will continue to bring you updates on our plans as we receive your feedback and continue to make gradual changes as we solidify our plan.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wow, I had stored up 160k guild points in smithing and had scraped together 25 stacks of darksteel ingots in preparation for this buying them 2 at a time as they came on the AH. Nice swift kick in the nuts.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wasn't too enthused about a second 100 craft in the first place. Useful for Synergy, but nothing more than a shortcut (and many synergy recipes are impossible to do solo anyway), and would elliminate the ability to take multiple subs to ~71 to get tier 1 rates on synths that were previously impossible to obtain. Of course, we're losing even that potential, but they're admitting that they've leaned too heavily on Synergy (they have), and are even promising to finally raise our skills above 100. (That too would allow us to at least temporarily take a few subs to ~71 to get those fucking Sheikh Manteels.) How is that not more exciting? They were misleading, but they never promised us anything in stone either, thus why it was a dev thread and not an announcement.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I never understood what the point of the crafting limit was in the first place. Imagine if you could only have one level 75 job back in the day and all other jobs couldn`t go higher than 37... So dumb...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do I get +4 craft skill with all GP items in my mog house?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Do I get +4 craft skill with all GP items in my mog house?
    Read through this thread:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/101...nt-Item-Thread

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast