Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Awesum, any chance anyone know the subs on cursed hauberk? Hoping to t1 that stuff for armada for nostalgia's sake.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

What's the best craft to lvl to pair with clothcraft and synergy? I was thinking smithing or goldsmithing?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been looking to finishing off my Smithing since I came back on my new character, currently at 72 and it was this level when he gave it to me. Is there any cheap/easy crafts to get it up to 100 nowadays? I remember back in the day smithing goldsmithing were always two of the more expensive ones. Currently he has no mitts or apron, but I'm working on that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Interested in starting a craft... Have been farming a lot recently, and with my playtime being very limited, I wanted to have a source of income still. Any suggestions on a craft? And tips or pointers? Perhaps a guide as well?

Sorry if its blasphemous to ask a question as general as this... Just figured it was worth a shot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd suggest food if you want steady income. I have Gold/Wood/Bone all at 100 and I hardly do anything with them anymore unless it is upon request. Oh, and synergy actually makes money.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've resumed working on my coconut rusk testing; so far my preliminary tests from months ago have pretty solidly proved they do indeed give a +1 tier of HQ rate. Not sure if its in +skill, or pure +%, or +1 tier. Either way, the increase in HQ rate is so extreme that even with my small sample size of the high 80s, the increase was way out beyond my 1.25% accuracy by 4x, meaning I'm fairly certain that the rusks increase HQ rate, anywhere from 4.75% to 7.25%, my guess? It's an increase of something like 6/128 or 7/128.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...BNNGc&hl=en_US

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

After much deliberation I figured I would just do CC because it familiar to me from an old character, anyone know of a guide thats up to date? All my knowledge is Pre-2007 of the craft.

hihi. Leveling synergy atm and im unsure about what training i should get. i got fewel feeding to lvl5 allrdy. Any recomendation to what to use the last 5 points on?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

safety lever

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Anyone know the elemental balance for Byakko's Haidate? Also, do I have an equal chance of HQing at any level?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
    Anyone know the elemental balance for Byakko's Haidate? Also, do I have an equal chance of HQing at any level?
    If no one answers you here try the Augment thread in here. If it's anything like the other armor it'll be a single element requiring like 32ish feed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone know if Cursed Hauberk -1's subcrafts make it T1able now? Also, why toss the skill points in safety lever? Literally all I ever do is feed fewell so ;s

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm also curious about if a specific cursed item is now T1-able. I'm looking for a pair of Cursed Sollerets -1 so I can get the Pet: Haste +3% augment for my BST. I cannot find data on what the GSing level is for that synth. If anyone can give me further info so I can scour for a correct level synther or if anyone would be willing to make me a pair on Carbuncle, I will pay handsomely.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can nail down the exact GS level by finding someone who has low-ish GS skill with >83 Smithing and having them attempt the synth. You cannot attempt a synth until all the required skills are within 10 of the caps. Have them try it, Free Support, try it, Advanced Support, try it, go skill up, etc. until you nail down the exact level.

Alternative is to get a Smith that has capped subcraft skill and capped smithing skill. Judging by the price on Lakshmi, it's Tier 1.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Anyone know if Cursed Hauberk -1's subcrafts make it T1able now? Also, why toss the skill points in safety lever? Literally all I ever do is feed fewell so ;s
    From my LSmate cursed haub is T1 with full subs, and super moghancement or whatever it is called with stall. He's hit shit streaks of 0/40, but then did 3/7 so it evens out in the end. He basically leaves a mule farming the southern pearls, and then synths when he has 10-20 saved up. I do not know if he uses advanced support. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/1357/cursed-hauberk-1
    Code:
    Jun. 13, 2011	Xcrashx	Befana	10,000,000
    Jun. 10, 2011	Xcrashx	Margaretta	10,000,000
    Jun. 10, 2011	Xcrashx	Galford	10,000,000
    If I'm trying to make something other than augmented tatter gear I clear impurities between 20-30% so there's never an explosion. Higher "merited" safety lever clears more impurities per safety lever use.

Ridill
    BG Level

For HQ'ing synergy, for example sky augments, where it's just one element...

Do all the others need to be as close to zero as possible or is it just a matter of getting the one exactly right and hoping for luck?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    For HQ'ing synergy, for example sky augments, where it's just one element...

Do all the others need to be as close to zero as possible or is it just a matter of getting the one exactly right and hoping for luck?
    Afaik the only elements that ever matter are the ones that require fewell. Beyond those ones the extra elements don't matter. See the sky augment thread for further discussion on hq and create your own judgement from there on some of the finer points.

Ridill
    BG Level

So what are people doing for synergy specializations?

I was thinking fewell, thwacking, and safety lever, cuz those seem most likely to prevent explosions/speed up fewell and therefore give me the most time to perfect elements hoping for hq.

Does anything affect hq chance directly or do we even know?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Incoming noob question, but I can't find any solid answers for this:

I haven't touched my crafts in forever, but recently I started picking them up again. I remembered this announcement on the official forums:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll-Limitations

Has there been any news on this yet? Is it planned to be implemented anytime soon? If so, when?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

People complained, so they didn't do it. I think it's still on the table though.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast