Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I read that page and I think he might assume that the distribution is approximately normal around the average. It's a fair approximation if the average is far from 1 or 0 but probably not so good for 1/16 (assumed T1 HQ rate) unless you have a lot of data.

I can tell you that, assuming 1/16 on T1, the odds of going 4/73 are (1/16)^4*(15/16)^69*73!/(4!*69!), or about 19.33%. A 95% confidence interval would range from 1.51% to 13.44% with the highest peak at 5.48% and a 47.5% probability of the true value occurring in each of the tails (each tail is even.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Would anybody mind explaining the crafting furniture to me? There has been new furniture since the big post was last edited and I'm finding incomplete/conflicting information.
    Having the stall (made with 15k emblem), and both furniture (150k and 200k) will give you a moghancement with +5 skill. Forgot how the 50k item works, but I heard it doesn't contribute to the +5 cap, so you can live without it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Err... I don't know whether this was known or not, but I shat out something like 46 stacks of Holy waters over the weekend after spending an hour farming Light Clusters and got this distribution:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Holy_Water

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I read the info on BGWiki about the Mega Moghancement, and I read that all 3 furnishings = +5, just stall = +2. How about Stall + 150k item?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can anyone tell me if they know the GS cap for Ebody synth or should i just wait until i get gold to 60?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    Can anyone tell me if they know the GS cap for Ebody synth or should i just wait until i get gold to 60?
    I know it's T1'able with full subs and full 100+megamog so that should be gold is at most 49?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I know it's T1'able with full subs and full 100+megamog so that should be gold is at most 49?
    ok does that mean i can t1 it @ 49 GS or that i need to have 60 GS for it to be T1 *ill have my 100 smithing next weekish , and have everything but the 200k MH item. so i need the 200k item and GS 60? or no?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

megamog + all furnishing is +10? can anyone go into details of each way u can bonus your craft lvl please? thank you

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

ok does that mean i can t1 it @ 49 GS or that i need to have 60 GS for it to be T1 *ill have my 100 smithing next weekish , and have everything but the 200k MH item. so i need the 200k item and GS 60? or no?
    T1 with GS @ 60 which is why I said the GS sub on it is at MOST 49.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did a very small test, using Clothespole (WW 77), Drawing Desk (150k furnishing), and Carpenter's Stall, giving Mega-Moglification: Woodworking. +2 skill from items, +3 from advanced support, was testing to see if the bonus from Moglification was still +2, which would make the synth a tier1. Went 16 NQ, 6 HQ, 2 Breaks in 2 stacks of mats. It appears that it gives at least +3 from my very small sample. Slap me if this was already known, but i asked a few posts up and didnt get a response, so thought this may be new.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

anyone tips for someone doing gold to 60 ? trying to speed craft not sure what to bridge with to hit 42 ish range before gold dust or if i should just jump the 9 levels and get guild support?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

anyone tips for someone doing gold to 60 ? trying to speed craft not sure what to bridge with to hit 42 ish range before gold dust or if i should just jump the 9 levels and get guild support?
    After hitting 40 on ingots I did one level on sheets (singles sell for a bit more than ingots, but sell slower) then took the jump to gold dust.

Question of my own: currently cloth 53, looking to get to 60. Any options I'm overlooking other than Gnat Fletchings and Hunters Cotton? Karakul stuff doesn't get sold in enough amounts for thread/cloth to be a viable bulk option.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    After hitting 40 on ingots I did one level on sheets (singles sell for a bit more than ingots, but sell slower) then took the jump to gold dust.

Question of my own: currently cloth 53, looking to get to 60. Any options I'm overlooking other than Gnat Fletchings and Hunters Cotton? Karakul stuff doesn't get sold in enough amounts for thread/cloth to be a viable bulk option.
    I did green ribbons from 53ish to 60.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've synergized a fair amount of ammo now (probably ~200 synths), and I have a pretty decent HQ rate (not quite 50%). Over 5 different types of ammo (Fusion bolts, dweomer, oberon's, and dark adaman bullets, and ruszor arrows), I have only ever seen NQ results of 99 and HQ results of 198. I have never once obtained 297. Last night, I payed attention to the cinder while doing ruszor arrows, and observed 1 value for NQ, and 3 discrete values for HQ results. This indicates that I've had HQ1, HQ2, and HQ3 results. All of which gave 198 arrows.

For some reason, I thought that SE had explicitly told us that the recipes yielded 99/198/297 now (after the 9/8/2010 patch). But I went back and looked, and didn't find any official reference to this. The first word of it was here: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/985...synths-altered

So, has anyone personally seen a result of more than 198 ammo? Because I'm starting to think that someone just made an assumption without testing, posted it as fact, and everyone ran with it. Or did SE say something about it that I missed? Because if so, I'll head over to the main forums and bitch there about the recipes being broke.

Do sheets to bridge to dust, and save them because you'll need them for Hydro Claws. TBH the hardest part of Gold so far was materials for bridging to/getting through Hydro claws. Once you get so far on gold ingots (I think 51?) you have to switch to Gold Ingot (Nugget, which I overlooked I could have just synergized them but meh) or doing Lv36 rings (Mythril Ingots) then doing Hydro Claws (Mythril Ingots/Steel Ingots/Beetle Jaws) so that whole time you need to stockpile materials and even then youve just broke 50 so it's not like you're getting skills very fast.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Anyone know what the hell pressure does, concerning synergy?

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Narse View Post
    Anyone know what the hell pressure does, concerning synergy?
    Doesn't pressure determine how much explosion damage you take?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

hydro claws get you to 59 , Mythril Cuisses Mythril Sheet x2 Ram Leather wouldnt this be a better synth to cap out on *caps @ 61*

If you can find Mythril it could be. I had a hard enough time finding it when only needing one sheet, and you're looking for two then it's that much harder. Also I don't know if that takes a leather sub or anything, but Hydro claws are just goldsmithing. Can do Platinum Ingots past Hydro and not lose as much gil.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

you can farm mythril in bulk on golems in abyssea ule while cleaving on pld im thinking a day or 2 of farming *20 stacks or so since ive got sheeting * should be enough to make my way to 60 without spending more then crystals + ram leather.
    to clarify ive been power crafting went from 4-50 in 4 days.
    Brass ingots to 9
    brass sheets till i ran out of ingots
    then with support i made silver ingots from coins till 15
    15-20 silver from coins / ores * got about 150 silver ores*
    took silver hairpins from 20-27 *took about 130 ingots*
    synthing and desynthing them
    then lady bells / Hiraishin to 31
    Spark Daggers *buying from npc in rabao* till 38
    farmed a stalk 1/2 of mythril in ule to get to 40
    40-44 gold dust *would have taken to 47 but limited AH*
    44-50 elemental geodes planning to take these to 51 *cap* and jump to the mythril sheets synth.
    Total Costs : about 2mil and 3-4 hours a day at most.

oh ho i just found a cheap semi bridge synth ill post it when im done with the mats!

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast