Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone have a good suggestion for Smithing from 72~81ish? Been trying to level it, but every synth in the 70s seems to suck a dick.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Dark bronze ingot to 74, dark bronze sheet to 75, durium ingots to 76 (honestly you can probably do durium ingots earlier, make into sheets and sell them at a reasonable price compared to the materials -- nobody is going to pay 100k for a sheet that costs 35k to make, THAT is why they don't sell, not because people won't buy them). Not sure on cap on the sheet, probably 77 but it may be like Adaman sheet and cap lower than the ingot does... but yeah, I'd personally make durium ingots and sheets and sell them at appropriate prices on AH, and not the 'going' rate, cause they just won't sell at the going rate. Anyone who needs them can make them already, and they will buy them if the price is good. If it's not, they will just make their own.

After that point, Darksteel Gorget (81) Darksteel Nodowa (83) Adaman Sheet (85) all seem like good options (may want to save the adaman sheets for higher level synthing).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thank you very much, I knew there had to be a better option that what I was doing. As far as Durium Sheets go, do they have a purpose? I don't see any recipes that use them on any wiki, and there's only ever been 14 sold on the AH on my server, so ingots look like the only way to actually get rid of them. Is there something else I could use sheets for as another bridge craft or just to make any money back?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They're used in Grim Cuirass, 4 at a time. They don't sell because people either don't list them or they list them too high in relationship to what they can be made for. If it costs you 32k to make an ingot and you list the sheets for 35k, they'll sell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

last post for awhile i think , what synths did people do for 99-100 smithing?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I did Culverins when I did it, but that was a couple years ago.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This may be a stupid question buuuut...
    The chance for HQ depends on the difference between your total level and the skill cap.

If your total skill is 10 or less over the item's skill cap (T0), the chance of a HQ synth is approximately 1% to 3%.
    If your total skill is between 11 and 30 over the item's skill cap (T1), the chance of a HQ synth is approximately 5% to 10%
    If your total skill is between 31 and 50 over the item's skill cap (T2), the chance of a HQ synth is approximately 25%.
    If your total skill is more than 50 over the item's skill cap (T3), the chance of a HQ synth is approximately 50%.
    I get this, but I'm curious.
    If my total skill is 40 over the item's cap, do I have a higher HQ rate than someone who is 35 over the cap?
    In other words, does HQ rate only increase when you hit a new tier?

I'm curious if it's worthwhile to get more skill for Cooking, if I can't hit any new tiers with it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you are 35 or 40 over cap you are still classed as T2 so there is no difference in HQ rate, however if the extra skill brings other recipes up tiers then it may be worth getting that extra skill. A lot of CCers used to just stop at 99 a while back because 100 brought no extra synths into the T1 category yet cost a lot of money.

Gokku what did you end up doing? I'm still at 56 and I'm at a stopping point just due to materials. Platinum ingots aren't looking any more plentiful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

ive been trying different synths i broke down and went to hydro claws *going to do them till 56 myself* , theres also kite shield +2 mythril sheets for heater shields but not enough supply for that to work out much. i think Mythril Cuisses * 2 sheets 1 ram leather 61 cap* is prob the most cost effective way to cap out. either way your gonna end up A. farming in ule or B. blowing lots of gil.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Logically, you're blowing lots of gil whether you farm Ule or not because you could just be selling your Mythil Ingots instead of turning them into NPC fodder. If you look at it from that perspective, the fastest way to level your gold is to farm whatever makes you the most gil, and then buy Mythril Ingots. If Mythril Ingots are the fastest way for you to get gil, only then does it make sense to farm them directly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Logically, you're blowing lots of gil whether you farm Ule or not because you could just be selling your Mythil Ingots instead of turning them into NPC fodder. If you look at it from that perspective, the fastest way to level your gold is to farm whatever makes you the most gil, and then buy Mythril Ingots. If Mythril Ingots are the fastest way for you to get gil, only then does it make sense to farm them directly.
    Exactly. So many people see farming for there ingredients as making their synthing "free" and forget about the opportunity cost. Oh there is also the 2nd reason why it wont be the quickest. Just lack of material on the ah

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

except that sissy frags sell for 170k pure profit every time you get one. and you get about 1 frag and hour and 20-30 ores an hour 3-8 ores per pull pulls about evey 5-8 mins.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Then you're farming it because it's your best way to make gil, not because it happens to yield mythril ore that you can turn into ingots.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sure you get 1 an hour after farming lights for how long? Then unless you have people to hold them for you you can trust either zone out to restart the process or not get the fragments

Biggest problem right now is supply, I have the gil to blow myself to 100, but I don't have the supplies to do it. It's not even that expensive, really. I can't even plan ahead and stockpile shit is so rare.

Magitek

Posted in wrong thread D:

"Heya BG friends, I just returned to the game after 10 months and have a few questions that I've been unable to find concise answers for. I've sifted through a lot of threads and checked Wiki, but it's confusing me more than doing me good. I was made aware that we can get up to 110 skill in our respectable trades, and was wondering how to achieve this exactly. I have the Boneworker's specs, Boneworker's apron, Drogaroga's Fang, Boneworker's Signboard and 50k GP for Bonecrafting, currently. Should I get the 50k GP item (Boneworker tools) or my stall first? Thanks for any info."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Get the original +1 furniture and Signboard, then buy the "Emblem" for your craft and have a stall synergized. Put all three into your MH and you should get +5 skill from your Mega Moglification: Craft. The last piece of furniture doesn't appear to do anything, so definitely get the stall first.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sure you get 1 an hour after farming lights for how long?
    For about 0 minutes? You don't build lights if you want to get frags.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    For about 0 minutes? You don't build lights if you want to get frags.
    Yeah but generally don't want to waste stones either

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast