Closed Thread
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I am looking for some advice concerning guild points and +1 items, I am at 81 cooking right now and want to get it too 100 now I have lots of spare gil and really nothing better to do lol.

Would it make a huge difference if I got both or one of the +1 items before I began leveling?

Also regarding GP farming, I have never really took it seriously besides getting raw fish handeling so I do not know a lot about it at all, I feel like I am missing something. When the NPC asks for the GP item of the day do I have to give her that item or can I give her items from other ranks? I am having trouble making sure I cap my GP everyday because sometimes I get recipes that are next to impossible to craft because of the market crash since abyssea, most if not all cooking ingrediants are really hard to get hold of now there is no excuse to do anything outside of Abyssea.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    I am looking for some advice concerning guild points and +1 items, I am at 81 cooking right now and want to get it too 100 now I have lots of spare gil and really nothing better to do lol.

Would it make a huge difference if I got both or one of the +1 items before I began leveling?

Also regarding GP farming, I have never really took it seriously besides getting raw fish handeling so I do not know a lot about it at all, I feel like I am missing something. When the NPC asks for the GP item of the day do I have to give her that item or can I give her items from other ranks? I am having trouble making sure I cap my GP everyday because sometimes I get recipes that are next to impossible to craft because of the market crash since abyssea, most if not all cooking ingrediants are really hard to get hold of now there is no excuse to do anything outside of Abyssea.
    cooking gps fucking suck. +1 items dont matter much while leveling cooking. Has to be the GP item for your rank: http://www.ffxiah.com/guild-pattern

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Okay thanks, yeah I've been told cooking is horrible to get GP for. Fun times ;-;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Sorry one more thing.

Does advanced synthesis support directly effect skill gain rate?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can't get skill ups off breaks until you're within 5 of the skill level. So if you'd be further than 5 away without it, it will increase your rate of skill ups.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Sorry one more thing.

Does advanced synthesis support directly effect skill gain rate?
    As a more general answer, no, it will not penalize your skill up rate or anything along those lines. Ho3wever, as Deadgye is getting at it will increase your successful synth %, so can use it or not use it depending on whether you want to break (to hopefully save mats) or not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

anyone know the cap for stat +4 earrings currently @ 77 synergy havent gotten a skill up in a while. edit herp a derp failed at wiki figured it would be higher then the rings not lower -_-

What level did you start getting 5% impurity per feed?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    anyone know the cap for stat +4 earrings currently @ 77 synergy havent gotten a skill up in a while.
    Wiki has it at 77
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...ynergy/Artisan

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I understand that Stall's give +2 (at least I think I understand that), but that is only if you get the moghancement with it correct?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    I understand that Stall's give +2 (at least I think I understand that), but that is only if you get the moghancement with it correct?
    That's what Wiki claims, but it has a verification tag. This reply from another topic may help

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    stall + one of the either 150k or 200k items gives you +3 in mog house for mega-moglification. Smock does not take away any skill...... You're over-thinking shitty luck

I tested every option imaginable for furniture with over 2,000 total synths. Read the hq thread a few pages back ^.^

Anyone do Alchemy 0-39 recently and can share what they did? Want to break synth me some Gold Gauntlets :O

Edit: Another question, when doing the synth is there any chance to actually succeed with 39 skill (15 below cap)? I ask in the sense that I'm trying to figure out how many sets of materials I should buy. I'm going use Kitron/Artisans Advantage/Moghancement to my well, advantage.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Smithing Subcrafts

Does anyone know the subcraft levels for the cursed adaman gear? More specificly are any of them tier 1 synth or are some of them tier 0 synth because of their subcrafts.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Anyone do Alchemy 0-39 recently and can share what they did? Want to break synth me some Gold Gauntlets :O

Edit: Another question, when doing the synth is there any chance to actually succeed with 39 skill (15 below cap)? I ask in the sense that I'm trying to figure out how many sets of materials I should buy. I'm going use Kitron/Artisans Advantage/Moghancement to my well, advantage.
    I just took a quick peek since I did alchemy a long time ago. Check the various guides on wiki under the alchemy page, pretty sure in the 30s I did bullets and firesand to 40 since they sell nicely if you have minor smithing sub. As for successful synth 15 below cap it's possible, but rare. I'd say 10% chance or less to successfully synth, but if you do it seems to be an almost guaranteed skill up.

This is a pretty decent skill up guide on alchemy from a quick look: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Al..._by_Ctownwoody

edit: someone posted this for me in a diff topic, hopefully it helps:

uhh 60-100 wasnt bad cost wise i skipped the adaman hell stage 80-92 by abuse of moly ingots , and imp wootz are a profit but sell slow * youll be making hundreds of them* ill pull up what i did in a min. im @ 52 gold smithing now trying to get to 59 using hydro claws skill ups are painfully slow.

60-66 nodawa *to cap shit was a loss but really cheap*
    66-70 Hien * did a few of these depends on how much your willing to spend*
    66-73 Darksteel Pick * did a TON of these npc for a bout even might be a profit now just sat in sandy buy lumber # guild npc'd at the furniture store*
    73-76 Durium Ingot * sell for a profit i was past this cap but if you want its a nice bridge to build funds*
    73- 79 Karimata Arrowheads * synth is a loss unless you find a woodworker to make the arrow and split profits with you*
    79- 82 Troll Bronze Sheet * not a supply anymore for these was for a bit when the level cap came out*
    79/82 -88 Colossal Axe * sweet gil saving jesus these were a god send not many on ah but if you horde them all your set*
    87-92 Molybdenum Sheet * spamed these they drop in old abyssea zones were cheaper then making adaman ingots*
    from there its imp wootz to cap and w/e synth you want for 100

Thanks, I used that guide yesterday and was (somewhat) break synthing on bullets and stuff because my smithing is low. I'm doing smithing now so I can bridge from 70-72 on Moonring Blades then break synth Gold Gauntlets...if all goes well I may just make it to 80 lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

would the +3 from guild support allow me to T1 Ebodys @ 58 goldsmithing? never mind just did the math i need the 150k +200k item to get +5 from stall correct? for 107 base.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

would the +3 from guild support allow me to T1 Ebodys @ 58 goldsmithing? never mind just did the math i need the 150k +200k item to get +5 from stall correct? for 107 base.
    Pretty sure you need full subs, stall+150k/200k GP item, and paid smithing support. Stop being lazy and finish that GS sub off!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What's the % chance that you'll get a skill up from a synth? I remember hearing that it was a 25% chance to receive a skill up off a synth or something.

Sword of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phoenyx Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Ultima
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
    What's the % chance that you'll get a skill up from a synth? I remember hearing that it was a 25% chance to receive a skill up off a synth or something.
    Depends.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

whats a good, relative cheap way to get goldsmithing form 50 to 60. Because like now gold ingots are gong for 300k+ a stack and every synth requires some form of gold or so :/

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast