Closed Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Right, so being unfamiliar with crafting hq (highest is BC at 63), what are the odds on HQ/HQ2 a desynth while under cap? Desynthing Crumhorns with Advanced Support has given me what Wiki says is HQ2 three times in less than 12 desynths and at first I was like "Oh, you" and now idk.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Your HQ rates for desynths would still be the same if your lvl is way beyond cap.
    It's the HQ tier that has different percentages

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Right, so being unfamiliar with crafting hq (highest is BC at 63), what are the odds on HQ/HQ2 a desynth while under cap? Desynthing Crumhorns with Advanced Support has given me what Wiki says is HQ2 three times in less than 12 desynths and at first I was like "Oh, you" and now idk.
    Desynth is random as fuck compared to normal HQ tiered rates. Someone around here (Sath maybe) has some decent averages of desynth HQ rates, but don't try to compare it all to normal HQ tiers of 11, 31, 51, or the normal rate of HQ, HQ2, HQ3.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh, ok. I just thought I was wasting huge amounts of luck

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Desynth is random as fuck compared to normal HQ tiered rates. Someone around here (Sath maybe) has some decent averages of desynth HQ rates, but don't try to compare it all to normal HQ tiers of 11, 31, 51, or the normal rate of HQ, HQ2, HQ3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me (on some other forum)
    I have a collection of notes on around 1000 poorly documented, loosely controlled desynths with weak desynth moghancement that suggest the ratios of Break:NQ:HQ1:HQ2:HQ3 are in the ballpark of 21:7:5:3:2. Someday I'll perhaps do a more controlled and statistically significant study.
    I haven't gotten around to doing any more with this, but I also haven't seen any other numbers, so take them for what you will.

Also, it's possible to HQ3 a desynth well under the cap (my very first desynth ever was an HQ3 Goblin armor with lighning crystal, with zero CC skill)... which leads me to believe that being under cap only affects your odds of breakage, not the distribution of the results.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Doesn't matter what your skill lvl is, break rate is still the same. Only thing that affects break rate is NQ only rings.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
    Doesn't matter what your skill lvl is, break rate is still the same. Only thing that affects break rate is NQ only rings.
    But those nq only rings are great for desynthing cerberus mantles..

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Synergy. I want the ex version of my Harness but I don't have the skills. Can I have a person with the skills trade and synergy while I end the operation and acquire the Harness?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The person who trades the item will get the finish product. So no, you can't have a friend synergize it and you grab.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i believe he was asking if he had the base skills required to make the end product... in which the answer would be no. You need the help of others with the base synth skills needed to make the item, regardless of your level.

Dusk Gloves +!

Wow Zouri, either you craft a whole lot or that is an amazing collection of +1 synths.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The person who trades the item will get the finish product. So no, you can't have a friend synergize it and you grab.
    But he could hand in the ingredients and the friend could do most of the work, if possible, and then he could get it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think he's trying to have a friend trade the item for him because he doesn't have the crafts skills needed.

Edit: I'm stupid.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was wondering if wiki is correct in labeling T1 being 11 levels above the craft and not 10. I had always heard it was once you were 10 above but then I read in wiki that it is 11 a few weeks ago and would like to know before I try and spam trying to make something without my second GP item.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Benevolentone View Post
    I was wondering if wiki is correct in labeling T1 being 11 levels above the craft and not 10. I had always heard it was once you were 10 above but then I read in wiki that it is 11 a few weeks ago and would like to know before I try and spam trying to make something without my second GP item.
    It has always been T1- 11 , T2-31 , T3-51 as far as i know. Meaning if the receipe capped at 94, you need to have 105 skills for T1.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh I am sure it was always that way but I had never really crafted much until lately so I wanted to double check that it indeed was correct. Oh well, T0 for me then :/ Not like I don't have bad enough luck going 1/30 on Lamian Kaman +1 anyway

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have a question regarding skill up rates. I have looked through some threads and I have not seen this question before so if it is has already been answered please direct me towards it.

If one were to skill up using furniture/gear would it affect skill up rates? Like a level 90 clothcrafter using apron, glasses and moglification: clothcraft crafting rainbow capes as an example.

And in regards to desynthing, I find that I would HQ more when under the skill cap. But this could be incorrect since I was just eyeballing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Motakie View Post
    I have a question regarding skill up rates. I have looked through some threads and I have not seen this question before so if it is has already been answered please direct me towards it.

If one were to skill up using furniture/gear would it affect skill up rates? Like a level 90 clothcrafter using apron, glasses and moglification: clothcraft crafting rainbow capes as an example.

And in regards to desynthing, I find that I would HQ more when under the skill cap. But this could be incorrect since I was just eyeballing.
    The general consensus to your first question is : random. As long as your native skill level is below recipe's skill, you have an equal chance of skill up than that with +6 support.
    Yes, HQing desynth is rather common. Definitely doesn't follow the tiers' system when you synth.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What would be the easiest way to reach overwhelming wind energy?
    beans >.>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Whats the best way to repeatedly break a Halcyon rod for the purpose of fixing it over and over to skill up alchemy? I'm a fishing noob so please be gentle.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast