Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

My KI says Mega Moglification: Alchemy:...Increases your alchemy skill immensely

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You probably have +5 then. You could set your skill up to be 111 and grind out some Haoma rings to see if you're Tier 1 or Tier 0?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You probably have +5 then. You could set your skill up to be 111 and grind out some Haoma rings to see if you're Tier 1 or Tier 0?
    If I was still 106 that would work, but 107 + theoretical stall 3 or 5 would be 110 or 112 which both put me T1 on ring since it's 99 according to BG wiki. Maybe I'll just start a new thread hoping to recruit a level 88-90'er to test it for sure with engaged w/mob test.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You could synth Cermet Chunks from Doll Shards (60) or Glass Fibers from Flint Stones (61) and see if you're Tier 2 or Tier 3.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You could synth Cermet Chunks from Doll Shards (60) or Glass Fibers from Flint Stones (61) and see if you're Tier 2 or Tier 3.
    Ya, I made a short little list of possibilities, just the matter of collecting mats for a 100-200 synths
    60 - Doll shard x2 = Cermet Chunk
    61 - Flint stone x8 = glass fiber
    61 - Fire Crystal + cermet chunk = cermet pot (would have to watch animation on these, /wrist)
    61 - Thunder crystal + scorpion claw x2

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you could get 10 stacks of Doll Shards, I think that should be enough (60 synths) unless you get unlucky.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I suddenly feel like leveling alchemy from just reading the last few posts. Am I looking at any decent way of making Gil if I do and are there updated guides?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Idk, I don't craft with the intent to make gil, only to enjoy an achievable goal. Similar to Byrth (and most other serious 100+ crafters), we've both easily lost hundreds of millions at this point working towards 110. Personally, most of my in-game time in the past month has been dedicated to soloing VNM pixies, since the lack of 800k squamas on the AH cannot meet my demand. Here are some of my stats:
    Colorful>Yellow: 20/106
    Yellow>Black: 6/21
    Squama: 11/21
    Shadow Yilb: 0/12

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    I suddenly feel like leveling alchemy from just reading the last few posts. Am I looking at any decent way of making Gil if I do and are there updated guides?
    After I sell the Hexed Doublet -1 I just made I should have officially broken even on the climb from 100 to 110. tbqh, I don't really feel it's a very good way to make gil. In terms of gil/hr obviously I'm at 0 right now, but in the long term I'm finding:
    Hexed Nails -1 won't sell at 20mil and no one buys the NQs.
    Hexed Gages -1 will sell at 20mil and people buy about 1 NQ every 2 weeks at 500k
    Hexed Slops -1 won't sell at 20mil and people buy about 1 NQ every 2 weeks at 500k
    Hexed Doublet -1 sells at 30mil and people buy about 1 NQ per week at 500k
    I haven't made a Hexed Coif -1, but I've only sold 3 NQs ever (for 100k). I'd expect this to be our Cursed Subligar synth, where the NQ won't sell ever but the HQ will sell well and for a reasonable amount. If I made one of these, I'd gun for 50mil and see what happens. The HQ augment is Refresh +2. I don't know what people would pay but I'm not selling that crap for less than it cost me to make and I've NQed a lot of these suckers now.

At the moment I have approximately 100 NQs. I server hopped them to try and sell them faster. There was an initial period of fast sales because some servers had no serious alchemists but now the sale rate across worlds has pretty much dropped off to be the same as Lakshmi. I'm considering just NPCing them.

At 1mil/synth (which is what I've found you need to raise the price to for people to start server hopping Squamas to your world), you're looking at an average of about 12mil cost per Hexed -1. That makes Doublets and Gages approximately 100% profit. However, you have to take into account a few things:
    1) At 1mil/synth and Tier 1 rates, you can get totally fucked by a bad streak unless you're already loaded. My last Doublet -1 took me 32 synths.
    2) NQs take up space. You have to be willing to NPC them. I'm really not, but I need to pull the trigger soon.
    3) There is a limited supply of Squama on any server and there is a limited demand for Hexed -1s. Regardless of reading the above and going "omg, 100% profit? Sign me up!" realistically you won't make that much every week. I make about 1 Hexed -1 every 2 weeks and sell about 1 Hexed -1 every 2 weeks, and this is with people server-dumping Squama on me.

If your goal was to make gil for building a relic/mythic/etc., the fastest way to make the relic would just be to farm for it. The time you waste leveling and recouping your outlay with Alchemy is not going to pay for itself fast enough to make (Farming+Alchemy)->Mythic faster than Farming->Mythic. I only did it because I didn't care about other goals. Now that I'm considering 99'ing my Ukon I kind of wish I had just saved my gil, lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    dont know there is not much money to make with crafts unless you are lucky.

even cursed breastplate can kick you in the nuts 0/40 HQ yeah for a client on a T1 ..... yeah, not to mention all the gil that went down the toilet to get to 104

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone know what level the Goldsmithing sub is for Ghillie Earring? I have 100+5 Bonecraft and 62+2 and adv. support for Goldsmithing and I've done about 50 nq's now...

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

To add to what Byrth and Damane said, the realistic possible profit gil isn't until you've invested a shit ton too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    Does anyone know what level the Goldsmithing sub is for Ghillie Earring? I have 100+5 Bonecraft and 62+2 and adv. support for Goldsmithing and I've done about 50 nq's now...
    Somewhere in the 20s I'd assume, it's just a silver chain. You're having a bad streak luck, i'm 100 bone and 60 gold and I've gone like 3/30ish.

Also to add to previous discussion, my brother has the stall with no furniture and I'm 100% sure he is getting +5. He gets T2 on elemental staves @ 100 without support (minimum level required is 106) and he has +2 in gear. Although that doesn't rule out the possibility that it could be +4, but I doubt it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    To add to what Byrth and Damane said, the realistic possible profit gil isn't until you've invested a shit ton too.
    the problem is also the market. most new abjurations arent that accessable as the sky/ground abjurations. And from the sky/ground abjuration only a handfull (very very few) are worth to even get as a HQ

the less of the new abjurations are handed out, the less potential "customers" you can have.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

And NQs aren't augmentable so most people will only buy them if they don't care very much about the job (and thus won't pay much) or if they got two abjurations (stored one on a mule) and are waiting for the HQ price to drop.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    Somewhere in the 20s I'd assume, it's just a silver chain. You're having a bad streak luck, i'm 100 bone and 60 gold and I've gone like 3/30ish.

Also to add to previous discussion, my brother has the stall with no furniture and I'm 100% sure he is getting +5. He gets T2 on elemental staves @ 100 without support (minimum level required is 106) and he has +2 in gear. Although that doesn't rule out the possibility that it could be +4, but I doubt it.
    If he needs 106 to T2, would he be willing to synth his next few batches with stall + 1 piece of skill gear? That should make him 106 if it's +5 and then post results? Once again, verifying this is without the 150k or 200k MH item. I'll be buying up doll shards all week to pop a big batch next weekend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    If he needs 106 to T2, would he be willing to synth his next few batches with stall + 1 piece of skill gear? That should make him 106 if it's +5 and then post results? Once again, verifying this is without the 150k or 200k MH item. I'll be buying up doll shards all week to pop a big batch next weekend.
    I'll let you know the results next time we synth

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    dont know there is not much money to make with crafts unless you are lucky.

even cursed breastplate can kick you in the nuts 0/40 HQ yeah for a client on a T1 ..... yeah, not to mention all the gil that went down the toilet to get to 104
    Just went 0/46 on them yesterday with HQ food; hit 104 in the process at least(This was with 70 subs and 103+12 assuming just Stall is actually +5), but I'm still sad about it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Just went 0/46 on them yesterday with HQ food; hit 104 in the process at least(This was with 70 subs and 103+12 assuming just Stall is actually +5), but I'm still sad about it.

I'm still not sold on HQ food. My t1 rate is absolute garbage using coconut rusk. Which food do you use?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I'm still not sold on HQ food. My t1 rate is absolute garbage using coconut rusk. Which food do you use?
    Was coconut rusk, ended up losing like 20M+ on that bad luck run.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast