BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Was coconut rusk, ended up losing like 20M+ on that bad luck run.

I know the rumor on Coconut rusk was it increased your chance for a HQ3, I'm like 1/54 using Coconut Rusk on cursed Haubys. Stopped using it and I'm back to 1/12 HQ rate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I know the rumor on Coconut rusk was it increased your chance for a HQ3, I'm like 1/54 using Coconut Rusk on cursed Haubys. Stopped using it and I'm back to 1/12 HQ rate.
    That's really painful to know whether there's truth behind it or not.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Was coconut rusk, ended up losing like 20M+ on that bad luck run.
    More anecdotal: lsmate has lost a ton using coconut rusks, will no longer touch them when attempting batches of cursed haubs.

I'm not sold on any food other than kitron macarons, those sure as shit floor your break rate. As for whether they increase skill up rate...im not sold on that.

@ramzii - thank you

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Coconut Rusk is weird for me. When I tried it on staves, I went 0/12, then the next batch without it I went about 7/16.

But when I use it with synthing Cursed Dalmaticas, I often go ~2/15ish. I either get 2 HQs in a batch, or 0, usually alternating.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Then there was the time when I was making Red Curry before the level cap was increased that I got two HQs (on the curries, not talking about buns) with a Coconut Rusk. Hurray for +0 results!

Random luck is random.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    Coconut Rusk is weird for me. When I tried it on staves, I went 0/12, then the next batch without it I went about 7/16.
    You do realize that both 0/12 and 7/16 are fully normal rates for T2 synths, right? I have had times where I went 0/52 on staves and times where I went 16/22, neither times using Rusks. It's more likely that Rusks have no effect at all on HQ rates.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have cooking on a mule at 96 + 1 but I don't use anymore since it's just easier to buy whatever but I want and I never really used it to make money. With the cap increase is there a new, really good attack food I can save a lot on by making or something to earn a decent amount of gil? Or is it just too expensive to level to the new cap versus any benefit...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    I have cooking on a mule at 96 + 1 but I don't use anymore since it's just easier to buy whatever but I want and I never really used it to make money. With the cap increase is there a new, really good attack food I can save a lot on by making or something to earn a decent amount of gil? Or is it just too expensive to level to the new cap versus any benefit...
    Well Red Curry will take you to 101 and you probably wouldn't spend any more on it then if you were buying food off AH, which in turn would put you in range of increased HQ rate on both red curry buns and yellow curry, depending on other gear or skill.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    You do realize that both 0/12 and 7/16 are fully normal rates for T2 synths, right? I have had times where I went 0/52 on staves and times where I went 16/22, neither times using Rusks. It's more likely that Rusks have no effect at all on HQ rates.
    Yeah I stopped using them. It's a placebo effect, lol. Still had ~7% T1 HQ rate using it for a while, so I stopped.

@Cdgreg, I went and did staves with +1 only, and I still had about ~25% HQ rate. I think I had a session of 3/10, 2/8 and like 5/20.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm bringing an alchemy and boneworking mule up, towards 100, both in the 70s at the moment. Is there anything I can check the level of that would be helpful?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm bringing an alchemy and boneworking mule up, towards 100, both in the 70s at the moment. Is there anything I can check the level of that would be helpful?
    I started a new topic, we verified the stall being +5 through a fishing test:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...tall-Only-Help!!

With that said, I still wouldn't mind seeing the can synth/cannot synth test

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I just realized it might be a good idea to figure out the caps of the sub crafts for the new recipes... but did so after I had decently lvld my subs making not be able to tell much useful... so is there another way aside from bulk crafting and finding tiers? Like will it show up in the subcrafts guild npcs?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Only way I can think of is have someone repeatedly attempt the synth while leveling a sub and tell us what level they were first allowed to craft the item. (and yes, I know that doesn't help you now lol)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah that's what I thought which is why said it's too late for me lol. That method of course is really lame with multiple sub crafts

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oi, just came back to the game and I'm wondering if there are any new in-demand alchemy consumables/money makers introduced in the last year? (@76 alch)

Also, can someone give me the name of the skill-up rate increasing gear I heard about?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not aware of any, but crafting isn't going to be your main source of income -- especially at level 76.

There is only one piece of armor that affects the rate of skill ups. It's the Shaper Shawl and it's prohibitively expensive to get if you don't already have an ebisu fishing rod.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Oi, just came back to the game and I'm wondering if there are any new in-demand alchemy consumables/money makers introduced in the last year? (@76 alch)

Also, can someone give me the name of the skill-up rate increasing gear I heard about?
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11009/shapers-shawl

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is there any easier place to get Dragon Scales than Chocobo Shenanigans, or Fafhogg/KCNM?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Is there any easier place to get Dragon Scales than Chocobo Shenanigans, or Fafhogg/KCNM?
    Going by otherwiki there's Ash Dragon (and wow, didn't know he was that long a respawn), also campaign unions getting killshot on Dee Xalmo the Grim...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just bought on the ah. Several usually went up a day

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast