BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I'm not sold on any food other than kitron macarons, those sure as shit floor your break rate. As for whether they increase skill up rate...im not sold on that.
    Interesting note from community team today regarding food that reduces break rate (macaron) -- apparently it goes beyond the cap of how far you can reduce break rate with skill alone:

"By maxing out the bonus effects using food items, it is possible to increase the probability of synthesis success further than it can be increased with skill alone. They can be used in combination to max out the success rates."

This is my translation of a JP community team post on the dev tracker, here's the full post translation:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...=1#post5381546

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Uh oh, read this in your translation...

Success Rate of Particular Recipes
    The probability of successes for a variety of syntheses have been rumored from a long time accumulation of player experience, and in fact, it has been adjusted for each recipe. The effects of synthesis equipment, guild support, elemental bonus, and food benefits also come into play.
    picard.jpg

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I just bought on the ah. Several usually went up a day
    Unfortunately this seems to be the only recourse, 100k/dragon scale is disgusting, not to complain though, several other crafts have it FAR worse.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes elemental bonuses!!! Clearly that means barspell right?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

alright, so srsly

WTF is the smithing sub on adaman bullets? All sources point to 31, but that's not the case. is it actually 81/81 alch/smithing?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yes elemental bonuses!!! Clearly that means barspell right?
    Man I hope the Devs are talking about Mog House elemental balance...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Man I hope the Devs are talking about Mog House elemental balance...
    Fuck that shit. My moghous is full as shit. I kinda hope it is something retarded as elemental resistance... I mean they put it on the gp gear for a reason no....?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They're almost certainly talking about elemental resistance which people eyeballed to affect loss and break rates. I remember testing from years ago (probably on Alla) comparing Moghancement: Desynthesis to Moghancement: Lightning for desynth, and Lightning won.

I doubt any statistics were done and I doubt it would hold up to current standards, but that's probably what they mean.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What exactly did they test to determine what won? I mean according to the help text desynth is supposed to help success rate only while the lightning is supposed to reduced material loss on break only

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They were looking at ultimate result yield (regardless of the number of crystals it took to get there). Iirc, it was desynthing Gigas Socks with Lightning Crystals.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Ah ya that would make sense. I did that while break synthing during some expensive gold stretches

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok so looking to start testing sub crafts by the whole 16 lvls below method since lvling a sub craft from scratch. So I remember hearing about crafting with a mob attacking you so you don't complete the craft so you wont lose out on materials. How does that work exactly? Because when I tried it I just got the synthesis failed you lost crystal and all materials message. And given the face the recipe I want to try is now around 6 mil of hard to get materials I'd rather not attempt it 15 lvls away even if I just have a chance to break lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Ok so looking to start testing sub crafts by the whole 16 lvls below method since lvling a sub craft from scratch. So I remember hearing about crafting with a mob attacking you so you don't complete the craft so you wont lose out on materials. How does that work exactly? Because when I tried it I just got the synthesis failed you lost crystal and all materials message. And given the face the recipe I want to try is now around 6 mil of hard to get materials I'd rather not attempt it 15 lvls away even if I just have a chance to break lol
    You engage the mob, but be far away, so it doesn't attack you. You'll either get "your crafting level is too low" or "synthesis failed" if it lets you attempt. No materials loss. You want your weapon drawn for this to work.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    You engage the mob, but be far away, so it doesn't attack you. You'll either get "your crafting level is too low" or "synthesis failed" if it lets you attempt. No materials loss. You want your weapon drawn for this to work.
    Awesome thanks for that. Funny thing is it still says you lost a crystal even when you don't lol

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's the best way to go about finding a crafter on a server?

For example, I'm on Ragnarok, and I want to find an Alchemist who is either leveling to 110 or is at 110 and can make Hexed Gages -1.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

look up on ffxiah what some of the higher recipes are, find people buying those ingredients. Usually what I do to find someone.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    What's the best way to go about finding a crafter on a server?

For example, I'm on Ragnarok, and I want to find an Alchemist who is either leveling to 110 or is at 110 and can make Hexed Gages -1.
    Check FFXIAH, like this.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bleh, none even close on my server. That really sucks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There might be and it's just not updating. Profiles seem to not update alot now

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There is also the chance that someone has it on their mule. For example, I only craft on mules, both relevant crafts are 102+ but none show up because I don't have my Linkshell Community account tied to any mules.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast