BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    i have been leveling my leather and i want to bring it to 110 eventually, however i want to know how the leather GP items work. which ones should i get and which can i pass on.
    for what i understand the must haves are, hands and body (+1 each), stall (+5), torque (got it, +2) = 9
    now for the fleece, hide stretcher and signboard how do each of these work and which should i be getting?
    This is correct, however you'll want to invest some GP time into smithing so you can use their hands instead of leather hands when making hexed tekko -1.

The 50k, 150k, and 200k GP items for leather can be skipped or wait until last if you are a completionist.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    This is correct, however you'll want to invest some GP time into smithing so you can use their hands instead of leather hands when making hexed tekko -1.

The 50k, 150k, and 200k GP items for leather can be skipped or wait until last if you are a completionist.
    How do each of those items work? If I get the 50k item does that give +1 on its own? Or do I need to combined it with something? Or should I get the fleece 150k item first to get the +1 on that?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The 50k, 150k, and 200k items don't do a damn thing as far as we can tell.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Doesn't the fleece (in this case) or the 150k item give +1 skill?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, that's old info.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only benefit of a sign is that it looks cool, and you can get another synthetic atma from having one

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As far as i'm aware, the stall overwrites any of the skill+ from the other GP items, like the signboard, fleece etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What would be the easiest way to find a new recipe of an old item? Like can we check chat files and such?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    What would be the easiest way to find a new recipe of an old item? Like can we check chat files and such?
    Compare the craft list on the wiki to the comprehensive list in-game is probably the easiest way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Compare the craft list on the wiki to the comprehensive list in-game is probably the easiest way.
    I was afraid it was something like that. Shame the wiki lists aren't quiet in the same order

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Had a really good run on dragon masks and pushed my self to 81.5 from 78.4 in just under 6 stacks of wyvern scales. As I'm getting closer to 90 I'm going to work on my stall, but the caveat to that is I have 0 synergy skill. After looking at the BG guide it says to just spam the highest level craft you can (which in this case would be my stall once I get close enough) until capped. I asked a few guys in LS if they thought this was best and they said no, you shouldn't start that high because the furnace will go unstable too fast. So I'm now confused on if I should try to cap out with the stall or find some lower recipes and actually take it up like you would with normal crafting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I generally found staying within 20 lvls is fine. Skillup rate didn't seem as good trying really far away. Plus if you are too far away it will start to explode after 1 feeding. Granted you could just spam healing or something instead but that uses a lot more fewell

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Personally I'd just grab the mats for one of the synths using metal leaf + vitriol recipes, haste yourself, and spam feed earth. With haste up, you'll never get slowed, so whatever if the thing explodes. I started my mule on Platinum (?) nugget and I didn't notice any difference vs. when I leveled myself and did closer recipes. Last 10 levels on my LC stall having to care about explosions were really annoying.

Sorry for lack of details - work blocks AH/Wikis. If you can make fewell (or know a friend who will make it for you) it's dirt cheap other than feeling like you're going to get carpal tunnel...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    Doesn't the fleece (in this case) or the 150k item give +1 skill?
    Buffy is incorrect on this one. These items DO give +1 skill on their own, however you cannot have more than one of moghancement:, moglification:, or megamoglification: active at the same time. So in effect, having the stall which grants megamoglification: (+5 skill) is the optimal choice and as of right now renders the other items useless.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Mmk, thanks for the info guys. I can actually make fewell since my Alc is 54.7, but I was planning on taking it to 70 this week anyway. Should be a 25% HQ rate on fewell at 70?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Mmk, thanks for the info guys. I can actually make fewell since my Alc is 54.7, but I was planning on taking it to 70 this week anyway. Should be a 25% HQ rate on fewell at 70?
    Yes as long as you are 66 (or even 63+advanced support) you should be about 1/4 HQ rate on fewells. And long time no see fitz, seeing more and more old players back.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I also did the leaf + vitriol recipe and wrapped it up with stall on 2 characters. I think I went something like gold>mythril>platinum or something along those lines, you can look them up. As said, the key is to haste yourself, and just spam. I also made fisherman's cuffs (precision thwack) and attempted to thwack explosions until about 25%, under 25% I just spammed fewell and let it blow up/end. Whether or not that sped things up I have no idea, just kept my sanity a bit longer.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm lazy, anyone got a CC guide to 70? Lol.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    I'm lazy, anyone got a CC guide to 70? Lol.
    I think I remember doing huge level gaps with assorted feathers > fletchings. Some were not listed on ffxiah.com either recipe wise, like the penguin mobs in abys-mis I think dropped some. Also wiki clothcraft and check the 0-60s

edit: swear I had a topic similar to your Q a year or two ago, try searching this forum for fletchings or something like that

double edit because I like you:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109...ght=fletchings
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/859...ght=fletchings

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I think I remember doing huge level gaps with assorted feathers > fletchings. Some were not listed on ffxiah.com either recipe wise, like the penguin mobs in abys-mis I think dropped some. Also wiki clothcraft and check the 0-60s

edit: swear I had a topic similar to your Q a year or two ago, try searching this forum for fletchings or something like that

double edit because I like you:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109...ght=fletchings
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/859...ght=fletchings
    Thanks yo!

Closed Thread
Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast