Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i'm almost positive that, at some point, se said they would adjust the results of gardening in respect to new characters...... so yea...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    i'm almost positive that, at some point, se said they would adjust the results of gardening in respect to new characters...... so yea...
    Yep, they surely did that. If this is true, then long-term gardening mules are now worth their weight in gil.

However, it also means that nobody new will start gardening de novo, or increase the size of their current operation since any crops will run at a loss for X(=unknown) weeks or months. Long-term supply of elemental ore could fall and prices may rise. Good for me and other long-term sapling aficionados, but potentially bad for everyone else.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quick question: What is the earliest you can started crafting a synth? 10 levels under cap?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Gardening mules need to be 90 days old to produce normal results. I know that is since creation, but not sure if it also applies to reactivation too. I hope not because I want to reactivate some mules to resume gardening.

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Quick question: What is the earliest you can started crafting a synth? 10 levels under cap?
    15, I don't think it will let you attempt something 16 levels over. Even at 10 you'll break alot (if you are planning for skill ups I hope it's a cheap recipe)

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I was planning on leveling woodworking to 70 then stopping and just using lu shang rod fixes to skill up the rest of the way. Although I might bring it to 75. Can you not get skill ups on breaks 5+ levels under cap?

EDIT: yeah read that FAQ again, to 75 it is.

Starkiller
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    Anyone else seeing gardening results very low on recently-created mules?

I just harvested ice ore / plat leaf combo on 7 mules. All of the older mules (12-48 months old) produced 30-80 leaves and 0-3 ore. The final mule, made a month ago, harvested 1 plat leaf per sapling on 9 saplings, and a wind cluster on the tenth.

Pretty obvious result if you ask me. Night and day. Similar furniture / ele strength combo on all mules btw.
    From the wiki.

"During the first 90 days after a character has been created, all gardening results will be limited to a single item. (This limit was introduced on August 3rd, 2009 to counter the massive amounts of gardening trial accounts made by RMT.)"

@Midnightjade
    In one of the last 3 or 4 version updates, an adjustment was made to gardening harvest time or amount. I am not referring to the big one that caused massive QQ to the wildgrass to vendor sale crowd. Sorry I cannot accurately recall the info at the moment but I will check because now it is bothering the hell out of me that I don't remember.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    @Midnightjade
    In one of the last 3 or 4 version updates, an adjustment was made to gardening harvest time or amount. I am not referring to the big one that caused massive QQ to the wildgrass to vendor sale crowd. Sorry I cannot accurately recall the info at the moment but I will check because now it is bothering the hell out of me that I don't remember.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/...38/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    The harvesting period for plants grown via gardening has been changed to one week (Earth time).
    Furthermore, the crystal feeding period for certain seeds has been changed to two days (Earth time).
    Does this mean tree cuttings/saplings are 1 week now?? Because wildgrass seeds were always 1 week before I thought...

Starkiller
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by tsaroth816 View Post
    Does this mean tree cuttings/saplings are 1 week now?? Because wildgrass seeds were always 1 week before I thought...
    Wildgrass is 6 days but that refers to when a plant become Harvestable you have 1 week to do so before it dies I believe.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just NQed my 30th ele stave in a row. What the fuck is this normal, I thought they're supposed to roughly have HQ rates around 30%?

I synthed all of them on new/full moons, facing east, often on ice day or darksday to boot, so there is no reason my HQ rate should be this abysmal should it?

I have now wasted 3 mil on these staves with nothing to show for it whatsoever. Im pretty sure Im done trying ele staves...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I just NQed my 30th ele stave in a row. What the fuck is this normal, I thought they're supposed to roughly have HQ rates around 30%?

I synthed all of them on new/full moons, facing east, often on ice day or darksday to boot, so there is no reason my HQ rate should be this abysmal should it?

I have now wasted 3 mil on these staves with nothing to show for it whatsoever. Im pretty sure Im done trying ele staves...
    Learn the definition of probability

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, go fuck yourself.

It's been explained, thoroughly, more times than you've posted. Total.

If you're still this fucking stupid, cut your god damn losses and jump off of something very high and aim for something very hard.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    If you're still this fucking stupid, cut your god damn losses and jump off of something very high and aim for something very hard.
    Jump southeastwards on a new moon for ~30% high quality impact probability.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lets say that HQign ele staves has like, 15% chance, (which it shouldnt at my tier, I believe woodworkers find it in the 25~30% range? Like desynthing?) But just to make it look even worse

0.85^ 30 = 0.0076307595947894878280851999565887, thats a .76% chance that I NQed 30 times consecutively with a 15% hq rate, which is far lower than the commonly accepted NQ rate.

The only reason I mentioned the whole new/full moon phase thing was simply because if they are contributing factors I had what little bit they would be contributing to my HQ rate and STILL failing. Whether or not they do or don't doesnt even matter.

Probability? The mathematical chance that an event or set of events may occur based on a set of rules and chance/sets of chances, either in an undefined order or defined order.

Seriously get your head out of your ass. I know how HQs work, I know the principles of permutations and combinations, and nonetheless I am sitting at less thana .8% chance of this occurring, which basically is close to the same chance as winning T3 mogbonanza.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lets say that HQign ele staves has like, 15% chance, (which it shouldnt at my tier, I believe woodworkers find it in the 25~30% range? Like desynthing?) But just to make it look even worse

0.85^ 30 = 0.0076307595947894878280851999565887, thats a .76% chance that I NQed 30 times consecutively with a 15% hq rate, which is far lower than the commonly accepted NQ rate.

The only reason I mentioned the whole new/full moon phase thing was simply because if they are contributing factors I had what little bit they would be contributing to my HQ rate and STILL failing. Whether or not they do or don't doesnt even matter.

Probability? The mathematical chance that an event or set of events may occur based on a set of rules and chance/sets of chances, either in an undefined order or defined order.

Seriously get your head out of your ass. I know how HQs work, I know the principles of permutations and combinations, and nonetheless I am sitting at less thana .8% chance of this occurring, which basically is close to the same chance as winning T3 mogbonanza.
    Well in that case, I hope you bought a lot of marbles!

Seriously though, ignore Sath. He's always grumpy about crafting. Sorry about your bad luck, but it happens.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Can you level Synergy to 100 while having another 100 craft? It's white right now on my list of crafts at 60, and I have bonecraft 100.

It's still "Craftsman" rank, could that be why?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bendak View Post
    Wildgrass is 6 days but that refers to when a plant become Harvestable you have 1 week to do so before it dies I believe.
    Ok makes sense now, ty. I always used Moghance: Gardening on mules to give extra time to harvest so plants don't die, just in case

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Finwich View Post
    Can you level Synergy to 100 while having another 100 craft? It's white right now on my list of crafts at 60, and I have bonecraft 100.

It's still "Craftsman" rank, could that be why?
    Synergy seems to be independent like fishing is, I don't see how itd be fair to have a synergy craft require 60+ synergy and a 100 craft. The two are meant to work together.

Also if you were wondering why your 60 synergy is white its cause the cap got raised to 70 on monday :D

Gogo platinum nuggets!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    Well in that case, I hope you bought a lot of marbles!

Seriously though, ignore Sath. He's always grumpy about crafting. Sorry about your bad luck, but it happens.
    Yes, ignore me even though I'm 100% correct. Flawless suggestion. Perpetuation of stupidity for convenience is ALWAYS the correct answer. What would we ever do without your insight?

First problem: You're looking at it consecutively. This is wrong. If you don't already know why it's wrong I'm not going to explain it, but you can't count the synths in consecutive probability, whether you want to or not, sorry.

Second problem: Every single synth you do is part of the total average probability HQ. Not just what you synth for profit. If you synth 500 synths worth of arrowheads or shihei but don't track the HQ rate of them over years then it's no wonder you're surprised by unsubstantial minutia such as this.

Third problem: 1/47 Amemet mantle +1. Tier 2. Over 400 million profit lifetime with leathercraft. Shit. Fucking. Happens. It has nothing to do with your opinions or your trite and incorrect assfuckery. The laws of probability allow for it therefor it will eventually happen.

Period.

End of story.

If you disagree you are wrong. Seriously. This is not a snappy debate tactic, you are scientifically and mathematically flawed and uneducated regarding a game that is BUILT ON MOTHERFUCKING MATHEMATICAL ALGORITHMS.

Even if direction DOES increase probability of HQ, even if moon DOES increase probability of HQ, which they don't, obeying the laws does not decrease in any way, shape, or form, the occurrence of anomalies in large data sets.

I'm so fucking sorry, but your way of thinking is fucking wrong.

There is only one correct answer to why it happens:

If the probability for something happens is any number asymptoticly greater than 0, but less than 1, such that lim x-> 0 f(x) where f(x) is the function of the probability, then the outcome of any probability in that range, no matter how small, must happen at some point as long as the sample size of data grows without boundary.

It's basic math. Jesus fuck titty fucking christ fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Synergy seems to be independent like fishing is, I don't see how itd be fair to have a synergy craft require 60+ synergy and a 100 craft. The two are meant to work together.

Also if you were wondering why your 60 synergy is white its cause the cap got raised to 70 on monday :D

Gogo platinum nuggets!
    Thanks! I guess I'll just see if it skills up! :D

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast