Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I'm at goldsmithing level 64 and I've been stuck here for about 3 years. I can't find a recipe that won't bankrupt me. I keep hoping SE will add some new ores or something that will make the next hop easier but unless I've missed one, there isn't.

Should I give up before venturing further? Should I switch over to a different craft? I have Smithing at 50. Is there a good recipe to bridge the gap? Any advice is appreciated. That 64 is burning a hole in my mind.
    I did a mix of platinum arrowheads and Mailbreaker's to 70. From there I made Ashura to 73, fusion bolt heads to 78 and phrygian ores to 80 and started cutting beads till 87.

The only tip I can give (this applies to basically any craft) would be don't get worked up over gil loss for leveling. I did the same when I did goldsmithing again on my re-rolled character and I ended up stopping at 60 for a few months because of it. Just suck up the loss and dyna farm for a few days if you need funds to pull it off. It'll pay off in the long run.

I will say though, if I could re-make the decision as to what craft I should of leveled, I'd probably choose smithing or leather. Seeking something other than disappointment when it comes to new GS synths, S-E.

Spoiler: show
    Yeah I know I'm replying to a post from about 2 weeks ago, but I decided to respond anyhow in case someone else reads this page and was wondering the same.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You have the engaged/attempt method down, and are correct.

The comprehensive npc that tells you all recipes gets recipes added to it based on your current level. so for goldsmithing if your 104, the last recipe youll see on the list is Silver Cassandra, when you hit 105 then Ugol Haubert will appear at the bottom. If there are two recipes for level 110, lets use alchemy as an example, the "newer" recipes they have added are always at the bottom of the list. So since hexed bliaut is older than killer's kilij, killer's kilij is at the bottom.

My guess is Sharur is 113 since the other delve weapons are turning out to be that level. We cannot verify since we don't have any goldsmithers that high visit the boards, we left it at a range for now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

Was attempting to make a Razorfury for a LSmate last night and was unable to. I am assuming this is because it has an unlisted bonecraft sub on bg-wiki. My bone is 44 currently, I'll see if I can get the mats from him today to test it out but I am currently leveling bone, so no promises.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So its goldsmithing and bonecraft subs? please check the recipe npc and report back.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    Too bad I'm already less 15 levels away from the item I'm trying to figure out :/ is the engaged method the ideal method to figuring out the cap? Receiving a range of levels from the npcs certainly doesn't sound ideal.
    It's probably the easiest/best accuracy if you are under lvl but if you are too close obviously it wont work. It has the benefit of being the only method based on current skill instead of base skill so you can play with it with gear and moglification and such. Comprehensive npc is a great way to check too since everything is listed in lvl order but you have to already be at the cap. The other npcs since they range kinda require checking them each lvl to narrow said range

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

I can check the NPC later. I was able to attempt it today at 52 bone. Meaning it does have a bone sub and it is somewhere between 60-68 if I can add correctly.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wish I had caught this post earlier....could have advised you to check each level using the engage trick. You could have narrowed the bone sub down exactly.

Having said that, I bet the sub is 60 since we haven't had a recipe sub confirmed over 60 since SE upped the cap to 110/70.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Bonechewer

I actually already knew about that. The problem was the mats are a friend of mine's and he wasn't on until later in the day.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

For what it's worth I had a skill up on bonecraft making a razorfury a few weeks ago. I was at 59 bone at the time, so it's at least 60 as we thought.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The sub on ALL the ilevel 117 weapons are 60.
    Main 113.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm not entirely familiar with synergy. Is this how it works?

Say I want to make something from synergy and it requires, say, 50 Leathercraft and 90 Clothcraft. Does one of the participants need both of those skills to level? Or can I have one guy with 90 Clothcraft (and like 0 Leathercraft) and the other guy with the 50 Leathercraft? And of course the Synergist can be 0 in all else too?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

one person can be both 90 and 50, one can be 90 and another can be 50, or one person with 90 cloth 50 leather and synergy can do it alone. as long as every one of the requirements are somehow fulfilled, that is all you need to do.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

anyone know what heppened to ffevo.net? site doesnt seem to come up for the last 2 days

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

It was down for like 4-5 days after the most recent ffxi update a month or so ago. Came back up without any rhyme or reason.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    It was down for like 4-5 days after the most recent ffxi update a month or so ago. Came back up without any rhyme or reason.
    well I cant seem to reach the site, times out constantly for whatever reason

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems to happen fairly often. Especially after updates lately

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    well I cant seem to reach the site, times out constantly for whatever reason
    My clear-as-mud point was it seems to be a re-occurring problem with no solution.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't know how to use <strike> tags in this forum

I see dead crafters.

Is there any cursed gear worth making nowadays? my main crafts are: Bonecrafting (all subs, synergy maxed), Smithing, Alchemy, Woodworking and kinda of.. Clothcrafting (stuck at 85). Any suggestion? or is there any old and rare crafts some would like to buy? I like making these obscure items that no one care to craft, if only to put my name on the price history list...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idk if they are worth it but I could definitely use some zenith body/feet

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Idk if they are worth it but I could definitely use some zenith body/feet
    leather and cloth crafts..hmmm..I don't see myself having them at appropriate level anytime soon =/, you want them for the augment right?
    it's hard to search crafts based on their augments, to see what still viable to make.