Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ergyskills.jpg

Yes, looks like it can be taken to 100 with another 100 craft. Got a .2 on Platinum nuggets while at 60.

Sath, it was a full moon. ntrly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Going by the ffxiclopedia drop rate, there was a 97% chance I should have gotten Fort torque before I did. It still happened to me though. There was an 85% chance I would not get two back to back. Improbability is not impossibility.

If you craft a lot, do not take improbable occurrances as proof that the system is not random until you can prove they occur more often than probability would predict.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Has anyone checked to see if more items/weapons were added to the synergy etch able list?

I'm gonna check my Corsair's Gun +1 later tonight...

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

What have other people been using for Smithing 73+? I might be spoiled from Darksteel Picks breaking even when sold to NPC, but scouring ffxiah.com I can't find anything remotely close to break-even that's within a decent craftable range (I tend to look no more than 8 levels above my craft so I don't break like hell with advanced support). Am I missing something? Or is this just gonna suck?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persephone Slamchest
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well if you can't break even take less loss as possible. suggest those arrowheads that cap at 79 for starters, iron ingot=2700, the other thing is 4k (at least on my server).

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Has there been an Ingot synth found for Phrygian Ore yet? I have several of these eating space and can't find a recipe from guilds or synergy.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hi~

I'm currently Alchemy lv100, with all subs 60.

Is it possible to be lv100 in all crafts but then Craftsman skill for all my subs? (stupid synergy) Or will some weird stuff happen and make me have to craft again?

Or even better, will +1 guild items result in Craftsman skill for Synergy if you're currently at Journeyman?

Herzins

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Has there been an Ingot synth found for Phrygian Ore yet? I have several of these eating space and can't find a recipe from guilds or synergy.
    Goldsmithing (Adept)

Yield: Phrygian Gold Ingot x 1
    Fire Crystal

* 4 x Phrygian Ore

Ingot is used to make many synergy synths, including Yhel Jacket.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'm looking to find the right craft for me.

Crafting is something I just never really got into in this game, but I'd like to take something to 100. Not necessarily for gil, not for HQs, not for signed gear, not really for ANY gear... I don't know... just so I can see something with three digits on my crafting page, really. Just so I can know I did that once. I've been playing this game since 2004, and I only just found a main job I truly fell in love with earlier this year. Now I'm hoping to find the right craft, too.

I was considering woodworking because I'd also eventually like to fish and level ranger, but I'm not enjoying the log -> lumber spam (currently @28 ), and aside from repairing Lu Shang's rods, I can't think of anything I'd EVER do with it.

I also attempted cooking at one point (currently @24), but the endless running around getting ingredients from regional vendors (in addition to the "well, that's under beastman control, I can't do that recipe easily" frustration) turned me off from that.

I see Alchemy kicked around a lot, but I leveled it to ~22 and just never got around to caring about it.

Bonecraft is out because my husband already has that at 100.

Any suggestions? I know I'm being difficult, and I know crafting itself is difficult and every craft has long rough/annoying stretches like log->lumber spam and 8-ingredient skillup recipes, but BG helped me find my true main and I'm hoping BG can help me find my true craft.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persephone Slamchest
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sumiko View Post
    Hi~

I'm currently Alchemy lv100, with all subs 60.

Is it possible to be lv100 in all crafts but then Craftsman skill for all my subs? (stupid synergy) Or will some weird stuff happen and make me have to craft again?

Or even better, will +1 guild items result in Craftsman skill for Synergy if you're currently at Journeyman?
    1) if you try to take another craft past 60 while you have a craft at 100, it will start ticking down your 100. You only get 40 points past 60 for crafts. Synergy and Fishing are both separate on this matter, you can take them higher and not worry about losing anything from your other crafts.

2) I have 60 smithing with the gloves, as far as synergy is concerned, it counts me as a journeyman since I never turned in the item for next rank up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I haven't had a single T1 HQ with 106 + signboard + artisans advantage since the Abyssea patch.

Anyone else noticing a change in less HQ rates? Or is it just my stupid luck?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I haven't had a single T1 HQ with 106 + signboard + artisans advantage since the Abyssea patch.

Anyone else noticing a change in less HQ rates? Or is it just my stupid luck?
    How many have you done so far 0/?

I still don't think you can top mine:

1/52 now on ele staves, I'm aiming for 1/100 :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

um.. i am thinking of going back to ffxi and been wondering is my craft gona get me some Gils or not?
    WW 96+1
    Bone 60
    CC 22
    smithing 16

thx

Shehei spam?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kongolo View Post
    um.. i am thinking of going back to ffxi and been wondering is my craft gona get me some Gils or not?
    WW 96+1
    Bone 60
    CC 22
    smithing 16

thx
    no

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    no
    then wat should i do?! :'(

get ww to 100+ and cap other crafts.. then try for cursed togi?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

In all seriousness, not trying to be mean or rude or sarcastic, but if you want to make money don't craft.

Shit's a money pit and there really are no profitable synths anymore due to the mass amount of 100 crafters undercutting and spamming synths.

Only thing I know of that's profitable really is fishing with cooking for sushi and such, or fishing with bonecraft for trumpet rings, or even just fishing because you can make gil by NPC'n the fish instead of selling on AH, meaning its impossible for some idiot to crash your market.

Your best bet would be do ISNM, ENM, BCNM, farm, just the usual bulshit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

unless your name is Zouri.. then the above statement is true.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

New stuff tends to always be profitable normally too. Other than that, some really good luck,. or a LOT of repetition, crafting really tends to suck.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    unless your name is Zouri.. then the above statement is true.
    oh the great Z!

wat shall i do!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast