Closed Thread
Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Don't listen to them

2 words, Scorpion arrows

Make your own arrowheads by farming the stingers/shell/whatevertheywereagian and pump out a bunch of arrows, 6-7 stacks of quivers should last you a long time.

To avoid market flooding alternate between scorpion and beetle. Both sell pretty well.

Crafts can still make lots of money, you just need to use ffxiah and reference prices and costs, hell I often find I can profit 10-15K margins on random popular weapons like couse and halberd.

Sadly, unlike all the other guilds for the most part, wwing hasn't gotten much to work with from synergy, yet. I'm predicting new lv 85~90 ele staves are around the corner, prolly something like divine lumber + the new ele beads they released this update.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

From what I understand, the rule of thumb in the crafting forums is to ignore Urat, but his advice there was actually pretty good ;p

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Possible to skill up WW repairing broken Lu's? Friend's not had any luck, but he's at the very minimum level it'd allow him to craft... so he's having a lot of breaks, even using the Carpenter's Belt.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yes it's possible, but if he's starting at the lowest level possible as you said then it will take a bit to get some skill ups.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    How many have you done so far 0/?

I still don't think you can top mine:

1/52 now on ele staves, I'm aiming for 1/100 :D
    0/30 or so since my last HQ. 0/11 on my last run. Just seems quite a bit lower than usual. My alchemy friend on the same synths has had similar shitty luck, and the local undercutter hasn't sold any on AH lately even though he's bought tons of mats...

Probably just bad luck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

(not going to quote anyone, but it goes to everyone telling people this bullshi)

If you still play, do you buy Shihei? Echo drops? Icarus Wings? Silent Oil? Prism Powder? etc etc?

Somebody made those. Somebody is making really good money off of them since Abyssea came out.

It sucks that you're not making money with your craft. It sucks that few of us are making MILLIONS a day/week/month with our crafts. It sucks that you never leveled a craft and tell everyone how shitty crafting is to make yourself feel better.

But crafting is still the 3rd best way to make money in this game, and it likely always will be. (1st stealing a linkshell bank, 2nd being devoting your life to an HNMLS/dynamis that does gil payouts).

The days that I actually have the time to play, I easily make about 200k-400k a day on just basic low risk crafts and fishing. This isn't MILLIONS of gil, but if you go out and ask the average player in whitegate how much gil he has, he probably has enough to buy a stack of my echo drops and get a teleport and that's IT. 200k a day is a lot of gil in this economy.

tldr;/cool story bro version:

If you like crafting, just be smart and there's still money to be made. If you don't like it or think you'll fund a relic in a week, then go do something else.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wasn't getting notable skillups on repairing my lus til around the 74~75 mark, up til that it'd take me a whole stack of crystals just to fix the damn thing, let alone get a skillup.

Also: what nitsuj said, with one addendum

Everytime a new update comes out, the price of the new gear everyone wants is at prices no one in their right mind would normally pay. Find something you can make and gun it before the price bottoms out. For some reason this update some pieces are STILL in the millions on quetz, despite the fact their pop items take 5 mins of farming to get and the NMs can be taken down by 3-6 people.

Prices of high end pieces slowly and surely bottom out, even dusk gloves were unable to resist this. The more people buy n piece of gear, the lower the demand, the lower the demand, the lower the price. the lower the price, the more people are able to afford it, and so on.

Consumables will always make money because there are always people who can't make them who want to buy them. And unlike armor, they will get used up and the player will be back for more, thus keeping the price up. The only things that kill consumables are new supplements, IE the fruit in khazam that killed poison potions, etc.

Also: @ 0/30 on T1s, thats what? 10% HQ rate, 90% ^ 30 = 4.2% chance of you not HQing any of them. I think its a bit higher of a chance than that though, so its in the 2~3% chance range or so, essentially you won mog bonanza T3 with one marble.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    0/30 or so since my last HQ. 0/11 on my last run. Just seems quite a bit lower than usual. My alchemy friend on the same synths has had similar shitty luck, and the local undercutter hasn't sold any on AH lately even though he's bought tons of mats...

Probably just bad luck.
    I dunno, I always have awful T1 luck. Since keeping tabs on rates recently, 0/24 Star Earring, 0/21 Cursed Crown, 0/15 Cursed Dieschlings, 0/12 Cursed Schuhs, 1/28 Cursed Leggings, 1/25 Cursed Gloves, 1/48 Gavial Cuisses, 0/26 Cursed Haidate, 0/12 Dusk Trousers, 0/9 Dusk Ledelsens, 2/24 Igqira Huaraches, 2/12 Zeal Cap, 0/8 Cursed Subligar... think that's all of the T1s I've done since the update.

So... 7/264... God damn I didn't realize it was that bad of a streak. 2.65%?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    I dunno, I always have awful T1 luck. Since keeping tabs on rates recently, 0/24 Star Earring, 0/21 Cursed Crown, 0/15 Cursed Dieschlings, 0/12 Cursed Schuhs, 1/28 Cursed Leggings, 1/25 Cursed Gloves, 1/48 Gavial Cuisses, 0/26 Cursed Haidate, 0/12 Dusk Trousers, 0/9 Dusk Ledelsens, 2/24 Igqira Huaraches, 2/12 Zeal Cap, 0/8 Cursed Subligar... think that's all of the T1s I've done since the update.

So... 7/264... God damn I didn't realize it was that bad of a streak. 2.65%?
    lol. I'm leveling bone next, as soon as work chills out so I can make my own Dragon gear for cursed alchemy... then I'm gonna show that fucker who's boss... I'm just going to keep synthing until I have one of every cursed HQ.... >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    lol. I'm leveling bone next, as soon as work chills out so I can make my own Dragon gear for cursed alchemy... then I'm gonna show that fucker who's boss... I'm just going to keep synthing until I have one of every cursed HQ.... >.>
    Yeah I'm in the process of trying for all HQ abj. for myself Just for fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Crafting still makes money, you just need to be smart about what you aim for. Don't expect the big pay off synths where you profit all the way and make millions for each HQ. Do expect to get a decent income to easily cover your normal expenses from grinding consumables that other people need.

Synergy has big profit margins, there are plenty of pre synth's that are not synergy but give profit because synergists will pay that bit extra for the ingredients.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Getting max points everyday how long does it normally take to get all three skill+1 items from a guild?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Doesn't happen, but months.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    Getting max points everyday how long does it normally take to get all three skill+1 items from a guild?
    Not that long in the grand scheme of things, but it'll feel like forever if you're just doing it now in 2010. Speed is directly proportional to the amount of disposable income you have.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    3 months? It's 320k GP and if you're looking at getting 5k a day it should take 64 days. But the chances of you doing that are pretty low. Usually because they want something weird you can't get hold of or you may not have the subs for.

I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm always breaking my desynths. I was making bank but now it's just break after break after break. -.- Probably no real answer but fuck.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Synergy 80, whats the item people are spamming?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

since the af3 head armor is out, i'm not crazy in thinking heca cap +1 would be highly desired still, right?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Synergy 80, whats the item people are spamming?
    Cap went up to 80? I thought it was still 70?

Also, what's the known cap on Smocks? 43?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not sure where to post this, but I thought this might be the proper place instead of making an entirely new thread.

I have a lvl 59 GS mule I lvl'd up a long time ago, and left it alone simply because it became too expensive to lvl goldsmithing - this was back in about 2006 or so.

Now that the mats for GS are cheap (compared to a while back), I'm actually thinking of lvling my mule's GS to about 85-90ish, but I have one problem - Reinberta is cockblocking my Rank Up test. Every single time I talk to her, she tells me "blah blah blah , work your way slowly, get better w/e," and I've tried numerous times to trade her the Mithril Gorget (the lvl 58 test). I cannot figure out why she won't allow me to take the test - I have nothing else lvl'd past 20 in any other craft, and I have no other tests open at present.

WTF is going on?!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast