Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yes

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I was wondering if anyone had ever found out the correct minimum levels on WW and Smithing to make Hades Sainti?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BME View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had ever found out the correct minimum levels on WW and Smithing to make Hades Sainti?
    I have seen it done with 60, 20 respsectively

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If I am wearing "Alchemist's Ring" and do a smithing recipe, does it block HQ's?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Don't believe so

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Don't believe so
    I'm curious, the wording on the ring seems to imply that ALL HQ's are blocked, but I would assume that, like you said, it only blocks the recipes of the craft which the ring relates to.

I'd love to buy the Alchemy ring for completionism, and then be able to make Iron Ingots or whatever in smithing when I don't want to HQ steel (or other recipes for ingredients).

It would make sense, either way. Makes the ring *slightly* more desirable, too, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I'm curious, the wording on the ring seems to imply that ALL HQ's are blocked, but I would assume that, like you said, it only blocks the recipes of the craft which the ring relates to.

I'd love to buy the Alchemy ring for completionism, and then be able to make Iron Ingots or whatever in smithing when I don't want to HQ steel (or other recipes for ingredients).

It would make sense, either way. Makes the ring *slightly* more desirable, too, perhaps.
    I just HQed Chocobo Fletchings with a Tanner's Ring on, so going to go with Sath is correct.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What have we found to be an effective way to get overwhelming desynthesis moghancement?

My issue is I have a very much decked out MH and, to be honest, have very little way to take pieces out without messing everything up.

I do have it set up though that if I stick in my thurible and take out only 2 piece of furniture I get desynthesis, yay~

But...

It looks like the only way I'll be able to get overwhelming is purchasing like 3 million in thuribles. As badass as a mog house full of stoner pots would be (lol permabaked moogle) I'd rather not. Mainly because I can't afford it.

Also my moogle has a tendency to sell all my stuff whenever he gets baked. I don't wanna come back to a cleaned out MH again D:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    I just HQed Chocobo Fletchings with a Tanner's Ring on, so going to go with Sath is correct.
    Cool, thanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

ive hq'd too many things in cloth and smithing with the leather ring on.. so yea they only work for the craft they belong to. It always sucked getting a tier 0 hq on some gold thread with the ring on prior to doing a tier 0 synth that i cared about... but such is the ironic luck of ffxi

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    ive hq'd too many things in cloth and smithing with the leather ring on.. so yea they only work for the craft they belong to. It always sucked getting a tier 0 hq on some gold thread with the ring on prior to doing a tier 0 synth that i cared about... but such is the ironic luck of ffxi
    Next question... I thought I saw this somewhere but can't find it. When I'm done, I want all my crafts to be blue (capped) under status. If I get 60 smithing and DO the rank up so I can get a 2nd craft's ring... will it forever be white (since the cap is now 70) or will it turn blue because Alchemy is using up all my other points (@100)?

Dumb, but relevant to my OCD. Thanks :D

Did I read somewhere that you can only attempt a synthesis only if you are at the most 10 levels away from the cap of it? My Bonecraft is 100 but my Smithing is only 38. I tried to do a Corsair's gun [Bonecraft(75)Smithing(53)] and it let me attempt it, but failed. If it is wrong on the wiki, then that would mean I wouldn't have to waste the gil on getting the guild points to get tier1 hq rate on the gun?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
    Did I read somewhere that you can only attempt a synthesis only if you are at the most 10 levels away from the cap of it? My Bonecraft is 100 but my Smithing is only 38. I tried to do a Corsair's gun [Bonecraft(75)Smithing(53)] and it let me attempt it, but failed. If it is wrong on the wiki, then that would mean I wouldn't have to waste the gil on getting the guild points to get tier1 hq rate on the gun?
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showt...t=57123&page=3

Oh it's 16

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
    Oh it's 16
    HQ corsair's gun is a myth, just give up now

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Next question... I thought I saw this somewhere but can't find it. When I'm done, I want all my crafts to be blue (capped) under status. If I get 60 smithing and DO the rank up so I can get a 2nd craft's ring... will it forever be white (since the cap is now 70) or will it turn blue because Alchemy is using up all my other points (@100)?

Dumb, but relevant to my OCD. Thanks :D
    Hitting the 40 point limit won't turn stuff blue, because you can still skill it up (and watch something else drop). But if you talk to the alchemy dude to re-cap your other crafts, that will drop your rank in them back down and turn your skill blue again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Vxsote View Post
    Hitting the 40 point limit won't turn stuff blue, because you can still skill it up (and watch something else drop). But if you talk to the alchemy dude to re-cap your other crafts, that will drop your rank in them back down and turn your skill blue again.
    Alchemy dude can recap OTHER crafts for you? Interesting. Looks like I may grab both rings after all.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Alchemy dude can recap OTHER crafts for you? Interesting. Looks like I may grab both rings after all.
    Yeah. I had WW 64 and Bone 62 for while, until I finally got my GS high enough and started knocking points off. Then I re-capped everything else one day when I wanted to do a bone 63ish synth without risking an accidental skillup and ding (the bad kind) to my GS. Made my crafting skills screen all nice and blue.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So... I have Vial of Ebur Pigment but my Synergy is only 5.

Can someone with higher synergy than me, in a party, still take advantage of my pigment and get the result?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So... I have Vial of Ebur Pigment but my Synergy is only 5.

Can someone with higher synergy than me, in a party, still take advantage of my pigment and get the result?
    Yes, and I suggest don't touch anything but maybe a Thwack. They'll have lower Impurity % per feed.

This really is a fairly good crafting system because you can have all the items (EX too), invite people to party that have the skills (old crafts req), then anyone can do the synergy, but the end result goes to you no matter what.

EDIT: Wait, no. Your wording if confusing (or how I read it), but only you can ever use that pigment for your own items.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast