Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Random Crafting Question Thread I: HQ secret cracked!

Since the only threads created in crafting are "How much will people pay for my useless HQ?!" and "How do I skill up to 100s so I can sell people my useless HQs?!" I think it's time to consolidate.

Simple rules:

* Check Aurik's sticky before asking a question or not only will your question not be answered, you will be ridiculed out of the crafting section.

* Keep out with the direction / moonphase / day / HQ secrets unless you have SOLID TESTING IN YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE WITH THE COMMUNITY

* Don't post your HQs or breaks here. There are threads for that already.

--

Crafting has been the bastard stepchild of BG for far too long. If everyone behaves maybe we can go back to not being the neglected subforum of advanced. Shit has been retarded lately.

Sticky to come, don't bug me about it.

And as for the HQ secret being cracked? More you craft = more you HQ. You're all billionaires now. Grats.

If I take off my pants before I craft (IRL!), will I get more HQs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I can't promise more HQs but you'll definitely get more white all over your box(ers)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I love yous Sath! Now where are all the dusk +1s coming from leather? Hurry up and get your damn Bravura!

I found out that if i say any part of my body is bare, i get lots of guys that bug me... It never helped my hq rate though. Crafting during lunch breaks always yielded high averages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    I love yous Sath! Now where are all the dusk +1s coming from leather? Hurry up and get your damn Bravura!

I found out that if i say any part of my body is bare, i get lots of guys that bug me... It never helped my hq rate though. Crafting during lunch breaks always yielded high averages.
    You should change your sig to "did exist".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If I tuck my penis between my legs when I log zouri on we can make a case on technicalities...

Anyways enough! Questions! tired of 50 threads a week of how to skill up my fapping skill.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I can't promise more HQs but you'll definitely get more white all over your box(ers)
    God damn I lol'd at this way too hard

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone know if Feyweald Lumber actually caps at 67? I've seen 66-67 as the listed cap. I hit 66, did like 10 synths and no skill ups. Can't tell if I'm just unlucky or 66 is actually the cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's a relatively new synth so it's possible that somebody fudged the numbers. I've also synthed through 3 stacks of ladybug wings without skillups before too.

Hard to tell really unless you're below the cap and test with the engage-> synth trick.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah was just hoping someone would be like "I got a .1 at 66 so it's >66 cap" =\ I don't have anyone with WWing in the range to actually test the level of the synth.

It's a relatively new synth so it's possible that somebody fudged the numbers. I've also synthed through 3 stacks of ladybug wings without skillups before too.

Hard to tell really unless you're below the cap and test with the engage-> synth trick.
    Can you explain this trick?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If your adjusted skill is 16 or more below the recipe cap, you will be unable to attempt synthesis. -- From the sticky

In practice though let's take aht urgan whitegate. Run out to the thickets. Engage a colibri from like 20' away and use the crystal. Input the materials -> if you are 16 or more from the cap you will get 'unable to synth' if you CAN synth it you will just lose the crystal immediately, no materials.

If your adjusted skill is 16 or more below the recipe cap, you will be unable to attempt synthesis. -- From the sticky

In practice though let's take aht urgan whitegate. Run out to the thickets. Engage a colibri from like 20' away and use the crystal. Input the materials -> if you are 16 or more from the cap you will get 'unable to synth' if you CAN synth it you will just lose the crystal immediately, no materials.
    Ya, I knew the 16 though, I was unaware of he engage thing though, thanks!

Is there a difference in success rate desynthing @ +1 skill level vs +11 skill level/etc. I'm uninterested in HQ rate while desynthing. And what is the base desynth success rate?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It seems to be a static success rate over the cap barring Moghancement: desynthesis.

I couldn't give you an exact % rate but I'd say 25% with moghancement.

Edit: disclaimer this is all eyeballed info.

It seems to be a static success rate over the cap barring Moghancement: desynthesis.

I couldn't give you an exact % rate but I'd say 25% with moghancement.

Edit: disclaimer this is all eyeballed info.
    25% success? That seems awfully low :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've been doing 60~ desynth per day for 4 days now with Artisan's Advantage with smithing for a T1 synth.

All breaks included, no loss + crit fail it seems to be about 25% average. Sometimes 4 in a row, sometimes you break 6 in a row. I'd be willing to say 25-33% but I haven't really done much testing on desynthesis since SE made the skillup rate on it shittier.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've been averaging 40% success on desynthing pauldrons (432 synths). I don't desynth much else, but I wouldn't be surprised if success rate depends on the item being desynthed.

Any guess at the chance to break with material loss with artisan's advantage (cerb mantles mainly)?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd say about 12-15% chance to lose materials with moghancement + AA. I can't speak specifically to cerb mantles but if you use the no HQ ring you get 1% more success too.

Need to get weeks or zouri to start answering questions in here.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast