BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Metatron Torment Aftermath

So I got Bravura a few days ago and I been annoyed by the fact that no one did any testing to how much the "lowers damage taken from enemies" is. I didn't see anyone post any numbers about it anyway, and I heard some people said 10%.

So I we were doing Nuhn today and did some quick calculations on deathgnash, and I can pull out numbers if needed but I got roughly 20,4~% damage taken down. Was way more than I first thought so after we were done I went out to the desert and triest on some Cactuars.

Soooo...

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1256426264

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1256426319

So it's 20,4% damage taken down or 52/256 reduction (ty kirschy) on both magical and physical damage (testing further down).

Added info:

Aftermath is 10 seconds/50TP.

20 sec at 100tp
    40 sec at 200tp
    60 sec at 300tp

It's 52/256 damage reduction, on physical & magical confirmed. Stacks with other damage down gear.
    The defense down from Metatron -can- be resisted, tried on a beetle and never got the defense down wears off. But it will land on harder stuff, on nuhn it lasted roughly a minute from timing my logs. Also resisted in ballista on THF but landed later when swapped to a MNK.

The defense down is 18,75% or 48/256 (Ballista test), last 1 minute (one instance where it lasted 2 minutes on DI).

Added effect on melee hits: Evasion down last anywhere from 30sec to a minute from what I've seen thus far.

Impressive.

-52/256. The person who found -10% probably used ballista or something. I imagine magic would be the same, but if you've got a friend you could verify easy on a high-level worm in Kuftal or Aydeewa, or wings from Fafnir if you're on the hate list.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    So I got Bravura a few days ago and I been annoyed by the fact that no one did any testing to how much the "lowers damage taken from enemies" is. I didn't see anyone post any numbers about it anyway, and I heard some people said 10%.

So I we were doing Nuhn today and did some quick calculations on deathgnash, and I can pull out numbers if needed but I got roughly 20,4~% damage taken down. Was way more than I first thought so after we were done I went out to the desert and triest on some Cactuars.

Soooo...

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1256426264

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1256426319

So it's 20,4% damage taken down, at least on physical damage. When I can wanna try on magic damage as well. And I also wanna try the exact numbers on the defense down.
    You beat me by about a month but good to see.

Me and max have been trying to work out how to do Magic damage -% calculations and the best I can figure is breath or troll rangers with no shell / fire resist gear.

Curious about if you had any ideas for a better way to test the magic damage taken down.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about the annoyed thing. What pushed me to do Kikoku years ago was the lack of any information asides from 'lolkikoku' because the majority of the owners at the time were Osode TPers. Same applied to Bravura, 6 years in and countless relic info threads and no exact %s were posted, always bugged the hell out of me.

So, on behalf of the entire community: Thanks for doing more with your relic than swinging at shit.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That would be 52/256 reduction. (1-52/256) * 1000 = 796.
    Thats a lot more than I thought it was. Thats kinda crazy~ Would you be willing to test to see if it works on magic/breath type damage?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I wanna test magic damage on something, I guess breath or some other kind of static magic damage would be the best place to test.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just came to me too~ I wonder if it's a -xx% damage taken that stacks with other -xx% physical/magic taken gear. Do you have Askar Feet/V Body/V Helm/Darksteel/Jelly Ring stuffs? I'm interested to see if it's calculated together or seperately. (One test of needles to show how the physical damage taken stacks would be sufficient to show~)

Would be interesting if it's still constrained by the 50% cap. (Although war can't get -50% phys dmg taken without using that petri mantle or D Ring I think?)

If AM is Damage Taken -xx%, it would be easy to see if it upholds the -50% mg damage taken cap~

EDIT: Manticores near the Aspi entrance are T/VT. If you stand in front of them, their breath should do 500 damage everytime. Assuming Relic AM is -52/256 damage taken, you'd see 398 Breaths~

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can test with v.helm and askar feet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

can get -45% with aftermath so it'd have to be tested with magic damage for the 50% cap.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1256428358

With Valhalla Helm and Askar feet, 7% damage taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    With Valhalla Helm and Askar feet, 7% damage taken down.
    (256 - 52(aftermath) - 12(helm) - 5(feet))/256 makes 730 from 1000 needles.

Sath for magic damage you can do like I said and just use a worm by Phantom Worm or in Aydeewa. You don't even need to know the INT of that particular worm, just get hit by the same spell twice.

As in, you Provoke a worm, as it casts on you, you WS a nearby mob. Then have someone sleep (or kill) that mob while you wait until that worm nukes you with the same spell again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    (250 - 52(aftermath) - 12(helm) - 5(feet))/256 makes 730 from 1000 needles.

Sath for magic damage you can do like I said and just use a worm by Phantom Worm or in Aydeewa. You don't even need to know the INT of that particular worm, just get hit by the same spell twice.
    Yeah I saw that. I think that's a pretty solid idea, never occurred to me. I think Fafnir would be dangerous unless you bring a full party since Darters or Spiders will link, hit hard, and you'll be GM'd more than likely unless you're on sunshine-happy server.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

52/256(AM) + 12/256(V Helm) + 5/256(Askar Feet) = 69/256. (1-69/256) * 1000 = 730. It definetly stacks~

Big thank you for testing and posting this~ Always exciting to see great info!

I'm definetly interested to see any magic/breath info you're able to gather!(although I know it's much harder to get~)

EDIT: Haha beaten by Suriam again!

I think I actually lost because I typoed 250 instead of 256.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Even though I've already said it, it both baffles and angers me that it took 6 years for this information.

So thanks again Sehrahin.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Even though I've already said it, it both baffles and angers me that it took 6 years for this information.

So thanks again Sehrahin.
    What Sath said. Can't believe it took so long for such an amazing AM to be correctly tested.

Just for comparison, Earth Staff is 51/256 reduction. Having AM up is better than wearing a damn Earth Staff =x.

AFK While I go upgrade a Relic GAX~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just gonna say the obvious:

Shell V + Aftermath is potentially -45 MDT. What now faceshield.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Brb, rewriting all my posts about WAR damage down sets from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    What Sath said. Can't believe it took so long for such an amazing AM to be correctly tested.
    Like I said before, I imagine that the person who tested it before probably used ballista. Ballista (according to studio gobli, anyway) takes the normal damage, then subtracts off 1/4000th of the square of that damage. So 1000 damage becomes 750 damage, while 796 becomes 637 or 638, and it appears to be a 638/750 = ~-15% reduction, when it's not in a normal setting. But no matter how many times you implore people not to test stuff like this (that is, damage-related stuff of any sort) in ballista, most people still will (good-intentioned, sure, but still lol).

By the way, when you go test magic damage, if you could do a second test to see if aftermath would take you beyond the cap, that would be awesome to know (although I doubt it will). 5/5 Shell 5 + Aftermath (if it's the same for physical as magical, which it should be) is just 2~3% shy of the cap, so maybe bring the valhalla and askar and a couple coral/merman rings and see what the damage is after you've confirmed the regular reduction.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Like I said before, I imagine that the person who tested it before probably used ballista. Ballista (according to studio gobli, anyway) takes the normal damage, then subtracts off 1/4000th of the square of that damage. So 1000 damage becomes 750 damage, while 796 becomes 637 or 638, and it appears to be a 158/750 = ~15% reduction, when it's not in a normal setting. But no matter how many times you implore people not to test stuff like this (that is, damage-related stuff of any sort) in ballista, most people still will (good-intentioned, sure, but still lol).
    Yea that does make sense~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast