+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

It'll probably be either Yin or Bai (She's unaccounted for right? Disappeared at Heaven's Gate?). Either way, Hei isn't going to get them out before they get to the harbor and Suou is going to open fire. I would even say that Suou will SEE that it's a person before she shoots, but will fire anyway so as to overcome her "irregularities" as a contractor and (perhaps more importantly) not to disappoint Hei.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just want more contractor fights that involves Hei.

The bastard still fights contractor on equal footing, and looking back at previous battles, he really doesn't use his contractor power much outside a finishing blow to begin with, it's just asskicking and his knife all the way. I got a feeling that the fact he no longer have his bulletproof coat will ended up biting him in the ass though.

Not a big fan of him losing the mask and the coat when on a mission :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If contractor are rational and shit...why they always get involved in super dangerous stuff. Wouldnt sitting at home doing nothing increase your lifespan?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    If contractor are rational and shit...why they always get involved in super dangerous stuff. Wouldnt sitting at home doing nothing increase your lifespan?
    sitting on your ass doesnt pay well.
    I also think an anime where all these people with super powers just sitting at home watching tv wouldnt get good rating.
    quality, not quantity!

Black Belt
    BG Level

Well, there is the whole deal with the government of the country the contractor belong to actively recruiting them, and it's only rational to ally yourself with them since the contractor obviously won't be left alone to do whatever.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I also think an anime where all these people with super powers just sitting at home watching tv wouldnt get good rating.
    quality, not quantity!
    Bullshit, Heroes is still running

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

quality, not quantity!
    I'm still questioning their motive as "rational being". Maybe the power hungry is implied, but being power hungry and rational at the same time is tough, and there is better way than get involved in fights ..but hey, I'm not complaining.

I started watching 2nd season a few minutes ago (on episode 4 atm). So far, the beginning is better than the first season's beginning. I'm not surprised they decided to take this route (time jump, different protaganist at first),because it would have been hard to make a direct continuation after the first season since the finale was good closure, and adding anything to it would have been counterproductive. They needed new characters and a new settings.

I don't really have any issue with Suou (aside the transformation people were bitching about), but the choice is kinda weird. It's not the kind of show where I expected drama between 13 years old characters, considering most of the cast were adult in season 1. Oh well, as long it's good, I can't complain.

Also, anyone here watched Monster? The new Hei totally remind me of Tenma. Asian with long hair, unshaved (kinda rare in anime), and same voice actor. They both look depressed/tired, and are running away from the autorities

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

OK, so my friend and I have come up with a theory about the whole meteor shard instant powers thing. Pi/Pai/Pie/Bi/Bai/whateverthefuckhernamewas is in the meteor shard now.

- Hei loses powers when he gets hit with the anti-contractor weapon, the bolt of lightning hits the necklace, and presumably, his sister went into it (in our theory.)
    - Suou doesn't spawn the gun, the meteor shard does.
    - Suou still doesn't act like a contractor save for her payment, which she is probably just doing out of instinct knowing all contractors have payments, in the scene with the tranny bartender she makes half a crane which he holds up and stares at, which seems like an unfinished payment. (Season 1 said repeatedly that you had to complete the payment or you would be forced to redo it out of instinct.)
    - Suou mentioned always getting 6 bullets and the wtfcannon every time the cannon spawned, and the cannon wares out meaning she is probably just making Hei's sister change the matter around her into the gun and bullets. (The deteriorating condition of the gun is still odd for this theory however.)

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm still questioning their motive as "rational being".
    well, while they were described as beings with no emotions and only do the very extremely rational, that wasnt the truth as we found out later in the series. many of the contractors had very strong emotions which made them do very irrational things. Someone late in the 1st season said Contractors only "rational" thought process was to do what would be best for them. If it's not in their best interest, then they'll go against w/e it is.
    that goes with what Zilong said not too long ago.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Well, there is the whole deal with the government of the country the contractor belong to actively recruiting them, and it's only rational to ally yourself with them since the contractor obviously won't be left alone to do whatever.
    Well, it's not like the whole setting is forced. Most characters behave like you expect them given the circumstances.

I'm just wondering why there isn't more contractor like Amber. She wasn't being irrational...it's useful to be in a group, to not be a total jerk to everyone.

well, while they were described as beings with no emotions and only do the very extremely rational, that wasnt the truth as we found out later in the series. many of the contractors had very strong emotions which made them do very irrational things. Someone late in the 1st season said Contractors only "rational" thought process was to do what would be best for them. If it's not in their best interest, then they'll go against w/e it is.
    It's kinda what I meant, but I guess you're right. I'm just overreacting to the contant use of the word "rational", when it was already covered in season that it wasn't really rational, but a mix of apathy for everything, and a strong sense of self.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Right, the way I have always seen contractors is the amateur ones and the experienced ones. The amateurs always seem to have relatively few emotions with the exception of anger at getting hit or some other reflexive emotion. The more experienced contractors such as November and the new Rock-man in S2 seem to have fully functioning sets of emotions and will do whatever they want, while still believing their reasoning is logical even if emotionally based.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I wanted more knife flying and people getting electrocuted when this season started.

Half my dreams are already in shambles ; ;

Then there is the whole season being only like 16 or so episode planned, this better pick up soon :/

Anyway, I've read monster, but Hei is like waay different than Tenma.

Hei doesn't hesitate in pulling the trigger, something that would have made Monster a much shorter series if Tenma was anything like Hei.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I wanted more knife flying and people getting electrocuted when this season started.

Half my dreams are already in shambles ; ;

Then there is the whole season being only like 16 or so episode planned, this better pick up soon :/

Anyway, I've read monster, but Hei is like waay different than Tenma.

Hei doesn't hesitate in pulling the trigger, something that would have made Monster a much shorter series if Tenma was anything like Hei.
    I'm up to date now, and I have to say, I enjoyed this season a lot so far (as much as I enjoyed the 2nd half of the first season). It's different, but it doesn't feel out of place, and still manage to catch what I liked about season 1. The new Hei is totally unlikeable, but I don't mind, I think it's working well with what they are trying to do, and you know he will be back eventually. There was a bunch of decent so fight so far, so I can't say the action is a let down.

I think they went a bit too hard on fanservice this time though. It's not graphic, but they are definitively trying to lure a different crowd who probably didn't bother with season 1.

About tenma, his personality is completely different,and look not so much, it's mostly the voice, unshaved beard and the whole quiet/depressed attitude that does it for me.

Also, why is he pissed at Yin? Was it covered in the manga?

Ridill
    BG Level

Also, why is he pissed at Yin? Was it covered in the manga?
    it's the big mystery, main story line of the season.
    unless it was a mistranslation, Hei said Yin betrayed him.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

it's the big mystery, main story line of the season.
    unless it was a mistranslation, Hei said Yin betrayed him.
    I was asking because from what I read on wiki, the manga cover events that happen one year after season 1, and I figured it would deal with this.

And why would Yin betray him? Even if it appears this way, Hei should learn from his mistakes (with amber), because it was pretty much the same situation. There is no way they build Yin character and turn her into a backstabber...I just can't picture it.

Ridill
    BG Level

don't know. guess we'll find out!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

From BSS: dtb4 private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

Now, to clear up some confusion in episode 3. When Mao asks where Yin is, Hei replies with "Yin... I... I will kill 'her.'". It's hard to translate the first line when Hei doesn't use any verbs. Some ideas as to what he might have meant may be:

"I left Yin to die."
    or
    "I abandoned Yin."

Something along those lines, though I can't be sure of course. But this means that the person he means to kill doesn't exactly mean that it's Yin, but most likely the person who caused Yin to "die", be taken away from Hei or cause whatever happened to her. The best answer to this though is to wait and continue watching DtB as the story unfolds, which I'm sure you all will.
    My theory is Yin has the same train of thought as Amber in S1. She wants to protect Hei so she probably tries to make a deal of some sort with whoever was chasing them. When I say "make a deal" I of coarse mean something unspoken, Yin bartering would be strange. This could also back up that Izanami theory (Yin being inside).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That's what I had in mind earlier when I was watching, and after reading previous posts here, I don't seem to be the only one who think she is inside that thing. I mean, it's obviously a doll in a box like this, and what's the point of not showing it to the viewer if it's something we havent seen.

Ridill
    BG Level

and what's the point of not showing it to the viewer if it's something we havent seen.
    Suspense.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Suspense.
    Yeah, but building suspense before deceiving your viewer with an unimportant discovery is a good way to piss them off. It doesn't have to be Yin, but it has to be relevant to the story, and Yin would works pretty well at this point if what you want is dramatic effect.